Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

The almighty injector question

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 12:52 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ken had a customer, but I dont know his name that got some Mach 5.5's from me. He did use Nitrous. This was done at Edges place on the new Superflow. Maybe 18 months ago.

Don~
Old 11-17-2005, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Don, Iwas just curious on when my injectors were made? I got them used, they are a Mach 1.75. Rip said they are 95 horse. I love em' , perfect towing injector. I can pull hills all day and stay at or under 1200 deg with a stock turbo
Old 11-17-2005, 03:59 PM
DTR Advertiser

Caleb, 1.75's. I would guess a year or so ago. I am trying to remember the exact time, but it is not coming to me.

Check this TDR thread: http://www.turbodieselregister.com/f...0&page=4&pp=15

235 HP California Common Rail makes 634 on Diesel only. Single turbo and 760 with water and Nitrous.

Got Flux? Maybe Joe Servo will read this and remember the time he told me 600 was IMPOSSIBLE with a stock CR Pump. I think he meant impossible for him. LOL

Don~
Old 11-17-2005, 04:04 PM
DTR Advertiser

In case Joe Servo thinks it is a fluke here is another CR over the 600 HP mark with a stock CP3.

611 HP on Dunbars DynoJet!

Check jglasgow' sig.

http://www.turbodieselregister.com/f...d.php?t=144179
Old 11-17-2005, 04:20 PM
Muted User

This is getting nauseating.... But oh, yeah, I'm done commenting,..
Old 11-17-2005, 04:31 PM
DTR Advertiser

Talking

I am reminded of John Stevens. He lived up the road from us when we were kids. He always got the Huffy bikes and rest of us had Redines and Mongooses. We all hit a garage sale one day with John in tow and there were bikes for sale, the first bike he asked the owner about was the Mongoose. LOL

This was after we listened to how the Huffy was just as good, year after year.

600, sorry your tummy hurts. LOL
Old 11-17-2005, 06:37 PM

Nobody is forcing you to offer all of your expertise or comment, DTR is share ware type stuff thanks for your input however it seems you have become the minority on this issue live with it. Don M got any miracle pills to go with the Snake Oil. PK
Old 11-17-2005, 07:07 PM

wow thanks for the input yall! lol.
What a great disscussion . Thank god no one was killed
I think ill try a set of Jammer 5's till i get some more cash on hand. I dont really have the money to spend on a set of mach6's but i think ill change.

thanks for all the help i think ill set back and continue to laugh!
Old 11-17-2005, 07:30 PM

one ? i have is Y do some vendors sell injectors with a HP rating and others by the # of holes and size ?? when i talk to some other injector guys they ask me what i have and say well there 150hp then they start laughing and say that dont tell me nothing esp when u add boxes cams turbos , it throws that rating out the window , i wish more vendors would post the machined # along with the rated HP
Old 11-17-2005, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by P Kennedy
Nobody is forcing you to offer all of your expertise or comment, DTR is share ware type stuff thanks for your input however it seems you have become the minority on this issue live with it. Don M got any miracle pills to go with the Snake Oil. PK

Well, I just read through all of the posts here again and found the only ones even suggesting anything about the MACH lacking (snake oil and the like) are the ones supporting it(I understand it is in jest). EVERYONE else is suggesting there is a good alternative.

Hohn, my jammers where not assembled by an 7 year old asian boy. They where assembled by a good old boy in Alabama on the day I ordered them. And for me over $500 is not a somewhat lower price. Thats enough for my HTB3 and tubing to build twins.

MARCO, I agree with you whole heartedly. Obviously it is better combustion and that is better for the engine. I am just saying there is more then just MACHs that will give you that. At cruise, I had 100 degree drop(post turbo) when I installed my Jammers.

As a side note with my new VP My smoke is even less. I have to work very hard to make a black cloud. It will smoke when I'm into it but not so I can't see through it. (edit) Oh yea my dirty, smokey, poor mans injectors showed a 0.6% opacity on the emissions test monday with the old pump. That is compared to 4-5% last year at the same station/lane with stock injectors. Personally I think it is suspect but...

I've had enough. Rub your selves down with your over priced oil and be happy.

Randy
Old 11-17-2005, 09:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Randy, I was referring to the fact that the TIPS (the metal nozzles) are sourced overseas, and was making a poor joke. No biggy.

I know what City Diesel is doing with the Jammers, and I know that you are part of a large group of VERY happy customers that they have.

I'm very happy that you are getting such good results with your new injectors. Isn't technology wonderful??
Old 11-17-2005, 09:50 PM

wow,,,that was intense reading . If anyone can say anything that everyone agrees with it's that there's alot of people on this board that are VERY passionate about their trucks and products, which is a great thing in my eyes.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:02 PM
DTR Advertiser

Originally Posted by Rods
one ? i have is Y do some vendors sell injectors with a HP rating and others by the # of holes and size ?? when i talk to some other injector guys they ask me what i have and say well there 150hp then they start laughing and say that dont tell me nothing esp when u add boxes cams turbos , it throws that rating out the window , i wish more vendors would post the machined # along with the rated HP
Hole size and number of holes is not a good way to rate an injector. For example, the Mach 4, 5, and 6 all have the same hole size and number of holes. But they are 70HP apart in power ratings.

It has been said for years by Keith @ DD and myself that hole size has little to do with overall power output, but few read it or ever pay much attention.

Don~
Old 11-17-2005, 11:29 PM
Banned

Well, being the poor broke college kid that I am I'm gonna go with a set of stage 2 jammers for now. But when the time comes to really start making power, I'll have a set of don's mach 6's in mine. I've seen the difference between a set of mach's and a set of similar power rated non mach injectors (I think they were dd2's) and the torque curve was a lot broader with the mach's.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Don M
Ken had a customer, but I dont know his name that got some Mach 5.5's from me. He did use Nitrous. This was done at Edges place on the new Superflow. Maybe 18 months ago.

Don~

Edge never runs any correction factor, last dyno day it was set at ZERO (Superflow and M250)

IF a corrective factor was used it would be around 15 to 17% (dependant upon the day)

720 plus the correction factor would be somewhere between 828 and 842.

828 to 842 is HUGE, I am a regular at Kens and I have not heard of anyone breaking 610 on edge's dyno, even juicing!!!

Quick Reply: The almighty injector question