Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

The almighty injector question

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The almighty injector question

Whats up yall!
Ive got a 01 24v . all the basic improvements but the truck had a banks power pack. Soon im going to a comp drag but i was wondering about the Cheapest 150 hp injectors? Is it worth saving the cash on a set of jammers or should i try to save for a set of ddm6's?
Injector thoughts for 24vs is basicly what im looking for?
Im looking to make Big Power?
Old 11-15-2005, 08:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you want big power...F1 Diesels, Mach 6's. These would be my choice.
http://www.f1diesel.com/

If you want the cheapest...probable Jammer nozzels.

RJ
Old 11-15-2005, 10:24 AM

Injectors

Nothing to think about go with Fomula 1's from Don M. Pick a number from 4 to 7. Thanks Steve B
Old 11-15-2005, 10:30 AM
DTR Advertiser

Thanks Rowland and Steve! I have been buried lately, but still stop in from time to time to read a few posts and of course the "injector" threads tend to catch my eye.

Don~
Old 11-15-2005, 10:58 AM

I agree with the trend of the post. All the information ive seen says that Dons injectors are the Edit But i was just sorta wondering if a set of cheaper injectors will preform till i get the cash for a F1 set. In other words a set of jammers or bd 150's is cheap as heck? Will they make 150 hp?
Old 11-15-2005, 11:21 AM

As with most things----if you buy cheap, you will by twice. Do it once, and do it RIGHT. You won't be disappointed with F1's. I've got the M4's and they rock. They're rated at 150 ponies. Go with a set of mach's!!!
Old 11-15-2005, 05:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rjohnson
If you want big power...F1 Diesels, Mach 6's. These would be my choice.
http://www.f1diesel.com/

If you want the cheapest...probable Jammer nozzels.

RJ
Why go 6's when you can go 7's? Or maybe even 8's?
Old 11-15-2005, 05:17 PM

talk to haisley machine. they have their smoker 90's that have been tested along side most peoples "rated" "130-150" hp injectors, they also sell custom injectors.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:07 PM

You can see what I have in my 99. For under four bills I had tested injectors to throw in. Half the price. I had a one MPG improvement (ALSO REGEARED AND UPGRADED FUEL SYS. @ THE SAME TIME). As for performance; I test drove a new 06/6speed monday. I have much better low end power and slightly better top end (even with higher gear ratio) without a box.

Personally I can't justify the price. If you have the money great. If you don't I am sure you'll be happy with the Jammers.

Randy
Disclaimer: THIS IS AN OPINION BASED ON MY PERSONAL EXPERIANCE AND MY PERCEPTION OF EXPERIANCES RELATED BY OTHERS ON THIS BOARD.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:33 PM
Muted User

Dont buy this 'youll spend your money twice' crap.... I bought BD xxx pulse +155 HP injector nozzles on put them on my injector bodies. Cost me $258, and I am totally and completely pleased. Have been running them for over 2 years and have 30,000 miles on them.

Dont be a sheep. Do what you think is best for you after researching facts. Remember, alot of these internet forums are also salesmen playgrounds.

KP
Old 11-15-2005, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by 600 Megawatts
Remember, alot of these internet forums are also salesmen playgrounds.

KP
I know I refer people to Haisley's but I have no connection to them. they just treat me good and since all they do is Cummins I figured that they should know them just as good as anyone
Old 11-16-2005, 04:56 AM
Muted User

Strokethis600, sorry, didn’t mean to come across like I was talking about you. Actually, I was specifically not talking about you or Haisley. Sorry about that impression.
I like Haisley and his stuff, and feel he is hard-core and genuine, and no doubt, you cant go wrong with his stuff.
I was actually referring to the torrent of Don M injector (F1 Diesel) posts which are about to flood this post.

KP
Old 11-16-2005, 06:14 AM

Yeah there are alot of good injectors out there.
And up into the 150hp area a set of tips are just great and cheap to boot!

Injectors are available from:
Scheid Diesel (top shop for all out B series horsepower BTW).
Haisley Machine, Dynomite Diesel Performance, Diesel Dynamics/Edge,
BD performance just to name a few....
Old 11-16-2005, 10:37 AM
DTR Advertiser

What injector many people will pick out depends on how serious they are
Old 11-16-2005, 10:52 AM

I've tested many different injectors over the years. Not all brands but the best known, yes. I've got custom made "hand drilled" EDM's even before Don started to build his line.

Now before someone get's too touchy, I've always bought my injectors. I'm not sponsored by any one other than myself.
That said.

You get what you pay for.
Don's quality is second to none.

What's a quality injector to me? Smoke is the most important single factor to me. Today I have Don's sixers sticking in my truck. Now if you're able to show me any other injector of that HP level with that little smoke then you're up to something especially if they're priced lower. That's IF...!

Remember, smoke is always a sign of poor combustion, thus it robs power and wastes fuel.

Ok, now let's to death!

Marco
On EDIT, I didn't mention the EGT's. VERY important too. Don's provide the best EGT's I've ever seen at that power level. I'd like to know how he does his magic!

Quick Reply: The almighty injector question