Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Allison tranny

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 01:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gabe32 you said previously you were at 700hp, now you state 650hp range, my question is why have you NOT dyno'd, or AT LEAST posted your 1/4 mile time. You must have raced at least a few times with your built 48re, and now with allison as we have now been told in this post that you have raced. Don't all big hp guys who also race, at least dyno for the bragging rights of who has the biggest #'s?

Again I ask, what was your 1/4 mile time then, less the hp/torque rating? What is the TOTAL COST to convert to your setup including all parts, controllers etc and labour?
Old 11-16-2006, 01:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LanceD
just talked to ATS and they said a standalone controller will be ready in February for people putting the 1000 in other vehicles and will need inputs for throttle position, RPM, and speed.
I wonder how they will get it to shift? The Allison NEEDS torque managment on shifts to survive...
Old 11-16-2006, 01:54 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Torque, Don't you think it would be better to have questions about prices answered via PM? He will violate site rules otherwise.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by duratothemax
I wonder how they will get it to shift? The Allison NEEDS torque managment on shifts to survive...
what does that mean? the engine has to defuel during shifts?
Old 11-16-2006, 02:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LanceD
what does that mean? the engine has to defuel during shifts?
yes. With much above stock power levels and no defuel, you will most likely kill even a built allison in not very much time at all...

not to mention shifts will be so hard it will knock your teeth out

if you remove defuel with a stock allison welcome to flare city
Old 11-16-2006, 02:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't do that on my 47
Old 11-16-2006, 02:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike D
Torque, Don't you think it would be better to have questions about prices answered via PM? He will violate site rules otherwise.

Yes, you are probably right, but I had requested that info a few times before , and I had no reply from him either, on this post or on a pm.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mcmopar
I don't do that on my 47
thats what I was thinking, none of the 12 valves defuel for shifting, I think the TC unlocks to allow for some slippage and then shifts, unless of course you have your lockup switch on, hence the tighter shifting.

in the allison computer im sure when you have it set on cruise mode or whatever its called, it probably does the same thing, but if you have it programmed for racing, maybe it shifts with lockup?
Old 11-16-2006, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by TORQUE
Gabe32 you said previously you were at 700hp, now you state 650hp range, my question is why have you NOT dyno'd, or AT LEAST posted your 1/4 mile time. You must have raced at least a few times with your built 48re, and now with allison as we have now been told in this post that you have raced. Don't all big hp guys who also race, at least dyno for the bragging rights of who has the biggest #'s?

Again I ask, what was your 1/4 mile time then, less the hp/torque rating? What is the TOTAL COST to convert to your setup including all parts, controllers etc and labour?
I have stated the reason nummerous times in this thread why I haven't dynoed. There isn't any around me to dyno. I don't really care what the number is, but since Signature 600 told me they are going to be dynoing, I am going to do it. I haven't raced with either transmission. The only thing I have done with the allison is sled pull. I ran it hard on the street but it isn't a 1/4 mile. I don't think I received a PM from you concerning price, if I did and didn't get back to you, I apologize. PM me and I will be sure to get back with you.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by duratothemax
yes. With much above stock power levels and no defuel, you will most likely kill even a built allison in not very much time at all...

not to mention shifts will be so hard it will knock your teeth out

if you remove defuel with a stock allison welcome to flare city
My truck doesn't defuel at all. My TCM is set to where when it sees the tps voltage increase by say 50% it softens the shifts up some so they are not real harsh or jaring. That so far has worked great. I know you know what you are talking about, I wish you could come and actually drive and feel how it shifts. I think you would really like it. It is kind of hard not to like.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:15 PM

i was reading my thread i miss informed yall i said that he said i could use the "2" signals off my truck for the allison i meant to say the TPS sensor off my truck not the speed.. that is off the tranny itself...but the rest of the stuff on the new allison's he said is all just communication between it and the tranny not the engine pcm.....
Old 11-19-2006, 11:59 PM

hey gabe great conversation on the phone a few days back! me and a friend will get with you before x-mas to see the truck and b.s. just finishing mine up today and a few more things next weekend (fox shocks amsoil all fluids and pick up powdercoated drive shafts) when i get back from mass. ny. east coast crap!! i still got both of your numbers and ill give you a call!
Old 11-20-2006, 12:31 AM

I dont know if you just dont want people seeing how you did it or not, and I didnt read this whole thread, but you really should post some pics of the swap. Id like to see how one did with an allison in it, but for me it will be a built Goerend Brothers transmission. I love the one my cousin has

Eric
Old 11-20-2006, 01:45 AM
Banned

Gabe...
You have a PM...........Andy
Old 11-20-2006, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by cumminsdriver635
I dont know if you just dont want people seeing how you did it or not, and I didnt read this whole thread, but you really should post some pics of the swap. Id like to see how one did with an allison in it, but for me it will be a built Goerend Brothers transmission. I love the one my cousin has

Eric
the allison I will be getting is a built Goerend bros piece as well. Dave recommended the ally over the chrysler. lots more beef and reliability. not to mention 6 speeds possibility and lockup in every gear

Quick Reply: Allison tranny