Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Allison tranny

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry but just can't see the justification of spending $6-7k.

if cost was way less to achieve same results. then there may be a stronger reason.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Gabe32
I live in Ohio and yes a built allison will handle 750hp. Let's compare apples to apples. A built allison with billet shafts will walk all over a built 47. Look at the difference in shaft size along with clutches and everything else in the tranny. The weight of the dodge is lesser and the price tag is comparable. The only difference is technology with will grow greater with an allison.

I visited Ohio and I am currently wearing an Ohio Tee shirt. No matter where you live, until you actually dyno then run your truck down the track you have yet to prove that your conversion will handle 750 hp or ever has.

Apples to Apples lol. So now you have upgraded to billet shafts I thought one of your main selling points was that you didn't need them. As for shaft sizes that really isn't a good example. You must not of heard that the Dinasuar tranny has a fat 35 spline input shaft available. As for the output shaft the dinosaur has had the same size 29 spline as the Allison available for a few years now. As for clutches I know of some Dodges putting well over 1000 hp in the real world and the clutches and bands are holding just fine. IMHO Your innuendo is backwards, Dodge tranny technology is the one that grows greater and greater every year.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:13 AM

I called Goerends, and Dave told me he would much rather have a built Allison over any built dodge trans. that sold me, just waiting for mine to bite the dust.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:15 AM
Chapter President

What about Nasty Girl? Its putting down 1000hp+ thourgh a Allison. How is that working out as fas as the tranny goes?
Old 07-25-2007, 10:33 AM

I still want to know how they shift...the Allison and it's timing based shifts NEEDS to defuel on the shifts, from my understanding!

As much as I'd like an Ally for towing, I'll take my DTT 47RE until they get the 68RFE retrofit and upgrades figured out!

Chris
Old 07-25-2007, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by OPIE
I visited Ohio and I am currently wearing an Ohio Tee shirt. No matter where you live, until you actually dyno then run your truck down the track you have yet to prove that your conversion will handle 750 hp or ever has.

Apples to Apples lol. So now you have upgraded to billet shafts I thought one of your main selling points was that you didn't need them. As for shaft sizes that really isn't a good example. You must not of heard that the Dinasuar tranny has a fat 35 spline input shaft available. As for the output shaft the dinosaur has had the same size 29 spline as the Allison available for a few years now. As for clutches I know of some Dodges putting well over 1000 hp in the real world and the clutches and bands are holding just fine. IMHO Your innuendo is backwards, Dodge tranny technology is the one that grows greater and greater every year.
I have sled pulled my truck all last year with no problem. I am sled pulling all this year. What is your point. You are dead set on the dodge tranny and that is fine. They are a good tranny but there are better! I never said I upgraded to billet shafts. I have all stock hard parts in my truck. Shaft sizes is a good example. I don't care if it had a 80 spline shaft, that doesn't change the diameter of it. One other thing, dodge trannys have more parts for them because they break more stuff so that leads to new technology which leads to new parts being created. Allison doesn't need that so much.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by signature600
I still want to know how they shift...the Allison and it's timing based shifts NEEDS to defuel on the shifts, from my understanding!

As much as I'd like an Ally for towing, I'll take my DTT 47RE until they get the 68RFE retrofit and upgrades figured out!

Chris
the allison doesn't have to defuel on shifts. My does not. It is all about shift timing as well as the amount of fluid pressure between shifts.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:10 AM

If it doesn't have to defuel on shifts, then why does EVERY factory installed LCT1000 do it?

Chris
Old 07-26-2007, 12:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes it is old technology, that dinosaur was a monster in its day and is in route to becoming one yet again.
Yes, the 727 was a good ole' dino!! Waiting to see what is in route!!
Old 07-26-2007, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by LanceD
I called Goerends, and Dave told me he would much rather have a built Allison over any built dodge trans. that sold me, just waiting for mine to bite the dust.
Thats cool, I have, make parts and test stuff on both. Let us know how it goes...
Old 07-26-2007, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by haloman
What about Nasty Girl? Its putting down 1000hp+ thourgh a Allison. How is that working out as fas as the tranny goes?
I wouldn't know as I have only scene the dyno numbers and a burnout from that truck on utube.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:05 PM

I have sled pulled my truck all last year with no problem. I am sled pulling all this year. What is your point. You are dead set on the dodge tranny and that is fine. They are a good tranny but there are better! I never said I upgraded to billet shafts. I have all stock hard parts in my truck. Shaft sizes is a good example. I don't care if it had a 80 spline shaft, that doesn't change the diameter of it. One other thing, dodge trannys have more parts for them because they break more stuff so that leads to new technology which leads to new parts being created. Allison doesn't need that so much.
I am not dead set on Dodge transmissions. Where are these better transmissions you speak of? As for the spline count yes along with the spline count the inputs diameter is larger as well. Like I mentioned before the bigger output spline count and diameter are the same as the Allison. One other thing lol, "Allison doesn't need that so much" I guess you would know? Why don't you just prove me wrong? Dyno your self estimated750 hp truck then run it down the track. Back up your statements and sales should follow, right? 750hp should have no problems putting you in the mid elevens.

I have nothing against Allisons but disagree with what is being spewed.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:50 PM

I am not dead set on Dodge transmissions. Where are these better transmissions you speak of? As for the spline count yes along with the spline count the inputs diameter is larger as well. Like I mentioned before the bigger output spline count and diameter are the same as the Allison. One other thing lol, "Allison doesn't need that so much" I guess you would know? Why don't you just prove me wrong? Dyno your self estimated750 hp truck then run it down the track. Back up your statements and sales should follow, right? 750hp should have no problems putting you in the mid elevens.

I have nothing against Allisons but disagree with what is being spewed.
So how fast should my sled pulling go? Should I leave the 600 pounds of weight on the front or take it off? Like I said, my truck sled pulls not drag races. Two totally different setups. I am going to dyno in about 2 weeks so I will put the sheets on here for all to see.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:10 PM

So how fast should my sled pulling go? Should I leave the 600 pounds of weight on the front or take it off? Like I said, my truck sled pulls not drag races. Two totally different setups. I am going to dyno in about 2 weeks so I will put the sheets on here for all to see.

Very cool, I am glad you are finally going to dyno and in two weeks.

It is too bad you are too timid to take it down the track once.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:45 PM

i have no problem doing anything with my truck. Too timid...haha...that is funny. You obviously don't know the setup there is between the two. My truck my hit 100mph and that won't net a good time. Why are you so stuck on drag racing. What exactly is that going to prove?....that a tranny to hold up in a quarter mile???? That is a selling point. Most people probably want to drive their trucks for 50k miles and not just in quarter mile strips. After I run it in a quarter, do you want me to get on here and say "I did it". Would that make you happy???

Quick Reply: Allison tranny