Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Allison tranny

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave, Brayden doesn't have anything to with that. I had sent it already.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:31 AM
Banned

Ben .. Who is this Wizard of Oz you speak of?

I can't wait for you to ride in one of the trucks so you can eat your words..

Originally Posted by duratothemax
the person I talked to probably knows more about the LCT and how to make it work in non-standard applications (racing, high power, etc) than the allison engineers themselves.

I still think your truck shifts nice becuase you do infact have it interfacing with the cummins ECM. Set it up on a 12valve and post a video of the shifting and then I will beleive you. Why didnt you post a pin-out of YOUR TCM connectors?

I know a couple people who have done cummins/allison conversions. They all shift nice. They are also all interfacing with the cummins ECM to do so.

after talking with several knowledgeable people, I was definetly half wrong. Yes it will shift without SEM, but it will shift like crap. So if you are running a calibration that uses purely TPS and nothing else, it is NOT going to shift nice as a daily driver, or like the GM HD pickups that use SEM. Same calibration a school bus or garbage truck uses, I understand those run only on TPS with no SEM.

I will refuse to beleive you can make an allison 1000 shift nice without SEM/data from the engine computer. Why are HP rating inputs so much higher when the TCM uses SEM? It would be MUCH MUCH easier to destroy an allison running big HP and no SEM.
And who is THIS person you speak of.. Learn the stuff for yourself. Because everything that your friends/mentors are telling you is BS.
SEM in the Allison wasn't around in the beginning. The transmissions still shifted just fine, sometimes better.Up until the last year or so the commercial transmissions 1000/2000/2400 included, didn't use SEM and they shift great. Allison wouldn't let a product out the door that shifted poorly or wouldn't handle their torque rating conservatively. You need to purchase the principles of operations book instead of GM SI2000 subscriptions you'll learn lot's more and have pretty pictures too!
Old 02-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Brayden
Ben .. Who is this Wizard of Oz you speak of?

I can't wait for you to ride in one of the trucks so you can eat your words..

And who is THIS person you speak of.. Learn the stuff for yourself. Because everything that your friends/mentors are telling you is BS.
SEM in the Allison wasn't around in the beginning. The transmissions still shifted just fine, sometimes better.Up until the last year or so the commercial transmissions 1000/2000/2400 included, didn't use SEM and they shift great. Allison wouldn't let a product out the door that shifted poorly or wouldn't handle their torque rating conservatively. You need to purchase the principles of operations book instead of GM SI2000 subscriptions you'll learn lot's more and have pretty pictures too!

brayden I need to see a TCM pinout of the truck first. Or some way to prove to me you're not running data into the TCM. I dont know crap about these transmissions and have lots of questions.

SO why did they add SEM if its not needed to shift nice. Where can I buy the allison books? Im all for learning more...

Insult edited by Admin
Old 02-15-2007, 10:19 AM
Banned

Same schematic that everybody else has.. hook up a tps.

Books are available from the dealer. Or the library.. they might buy them.

I'm not even going to dignify that with a response....
Old 02-15-2007, 01:39 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Look guys I am no spring chicken...I am well aware that transmission threads of ANY kind are always on the cutting edge in both ideas and engineering with a lot of competitive nature thrown in and thus prone to an occasional flareup if not down right war.

But this thread has some great information packed ideas and theories being tossed around, why get it shut down now by resorting to personal insults?

Lets keep the tempers at bay so EVERYONE can get an opportunity to benefit from an open exchange of ideas, without a bunch of silly chest thumping.

Save that stuff for the track
Old 02-15-2007, 01:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, this has been to information packed to get lcoked now--Hi Gabe, how's it going?
Old 02-15-2007, 01:55 PM

hey alright, how are you doing? I am still here. I just stand in the background!!!
Old 02-15-2007, 01:57 PM

good, I still want to get together some day and ride in your truck or if you do an install in a NC truck please let me know!!
Old 02-15-2007, 02:58 PM

hey no problem. I will definitely let you know if I get one down there.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:49 PM

I sent you a pm gabe im interested in your services.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
everyone give up on this swap??
Old 03-15-2007, 04:50 PM

Nope, just dont have the scratch right now. Suncoast is coming out with a kit very soon.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:27 PM

WOW.... long thread and very interesting to say the least!

I've seen 47's break and I've seen 48's break under moded cummins. Last year I watched a guy break an Allison on his dmax, which surprised me and just goes to show nothing is fool proof!

Old 03-15-2007, 10:42 PM

Gabe

I'm leaving AZ tomorrow for Georgia then St Louis before I go to Columbus.

I should be in Columbus by the 20th of April, hope we can hook up so I can check your conversion.

Harold
Old 03-16-2007, 09:05 AM

Gabe,

How far are you from pittsburg, PA ?

Quick Reply: Allison tranny