Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Allison tranny

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the support guys. I would not promote this swap if I thought it wouldn't work. The bottom line is, it does work and it can be done. I am done argueing my point. There are a handful of trucks that have taken the plunge, all with good results. Joe at Suncoast was doing the same swap and it was running perfect. I am sorry to see that he can't enjoy it. May God bless him. I will say it like this, anyone who can afford the swap will love it. I stand behind everything I do 100%. This swap isn't for everybody but it is an awesome alternative. Like I said, price is comparable to a Stage 5 ATS, but I feel it is far superior. Good night all
Old 12-15-2006, 11:03 AM

I was enjoying reading this thread until the childish behavior intervened!

My belief is that a lot of information gets distorted in translation when you are attempting to prove your point, while using someone elses expertise. Unless you have the first hand experience, the better choice is to keep your opinion (or the plagiarized opinion) to yourself!

BTW: My granny can beat your granny in a wheelchair race!
Old 12-15-2006, 01:13 PM

so who are the guys with 12 valves and allys? maybe we can convince them to post up and tell us how they shift.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by piperca
BTW: My granny can beat your granny in a wheelchair race!
Bet she cant beat me!!! Just look at these dubs
Old 12-15-2006, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Teddy Bear
Bet she cant beat me!!! Just look at these dubs
Only because you're 60 years younger ... give her a head start and she'd whoop ya good!
Old 12-16-2006, 12:20 AM

its been slow at work so the guys in the tranny dept been readin this thread. lol. gabe you aint got to prove nothin!!! for the rest of the dodge fam it can be done so dont be afraid of it!!! embrace it!!!! lol. im tell ya when my 6 speed gives up the ghost in switchin!!!
Old 12-16-2006, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by piperca
Only because you're 60 years younger ... give her a head start and she'd whoop ya good!
Lol. I bet i could beat her in a wheely contest. Bet she cant go down stairs in it either!!
Old 12-16-2006, 04:01 AM
Banned

Im not going to say his name because I dont want to put him in any position, but look around where everyone in the western half of the United States gets their Allison's built and you will find somone who knows a thing or two about ally's.

why are you guys calling me a troll and telling gabe not to "stoop to my level". What is my "level"? I am not arguing immaturely and stupidly in the slightest, all the points Ive made have been at least somewhat educated and spelled with passable grammar. If I was a troll I would keep saying something stupid like "cummings enginescuk durmaxs rule". Show me one post where I have said that here. Im simply arguing because after talking to people who are knowlegable on the LCT, they say it will certainly work, just not in the flawless dream-like way Gabe describes it as. Without using SEM in the TCM calibration you would spend forever perfecting the shift timing and desired fill rates based on TPS to make the trans shift smooth without torque reduction, unmanaged torque, and desired torque signals from the ECM. 3-4 with 500rwhp would be killer on the trans. Gabe lets see that 12valve/LCT1000. Why have not a lot of other people not done this conversion? Theres you and Fleece, maybe a few others, but if it was as easy as you say to make run smoothely, IMHO there would be hundreds of them running around now. It is a shame that Joe cant be here to see more of them around, and I only hope that the allison performance industry continues to further succeed in his memory and based on his amazing knowledge.

why do the allison's mated with the duramax's use SEM? To make them shift nicely enough for daily driving. As I have said, I spent a week programming/messing around with an Allison TCM that had no SEM. The worst shifts I had during experimentation would chirp the tires when the throttle was at like only 30% or something, the best shifts would knock your teeth out. With someone amazing at DOC, you could probably get the WOT shifts to work decent, for drag racing and sled pulling, but it would take a TON of work to make all aspects of daily driving as nice as a TCM that uses SEM. And plus, every engine is different so youd be startingback at square 1 with each truck. WHy not just use SEM!!!!!!! It will work with the 24valve Cummins ECM so why would you waste your time trying to fight the uphill battle of programming it without SEM? Doesnt make sense to me, but neither do a lot of things. Do you have the 6-speed working yet?

So if I truely am disrupting the peace here, report this to the mods and they can deal with it as they see fit. I dont intend to directly offend or disrespect anyone, and if the higher powers feel I am doing so, I will shut up.

ben

EDIT: we're probably both going to argue until our faces turn blue; im stubborn about these things, so Im not going to further argue until someone else besides Gabe posts on their own first hand experience with an allison/cummins in dodge.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:22 AM

OK - We get it.

The two of you disagree!! No problem!

Lets move on and keep an otherwise very interesting thread going. We don't need to keep going over the same thing.

When I read this thread I keep thinking I'm at one of the "other diesel" sites.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:51 AM

This thread reminds me of when Superduty started promoting the Walbro pump for use with the Cummins. There was a few members who shut the door on him and wouldn't listen to what he had to say. Today, the Walbro system is widely used and is considered very reliable ... it's still a fairly new system, but I don't think I've heard of one failure yet.

Let the guy share his knowledge and maybe those who think they know it all might learn something.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:15 AM

Gabe,
Good on ya. I have a 12v that needs this swap. My buddy has a duramax and I love it. He almost had me talked into a duramax just because of that transmission!

I am going to closely follow this thread in hopes that 12v's can give some feedback once they get some mileage under their belts.

duratothemax,
You need to let it goooooo........................ You remind me of my 12 year old when he has exhausted every argument and is grasping for straws. Your obviously very good at what you do but so are others.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:56 PM

I'm watching this so I can think about it as an opption for my TPS only truck.
The only problum so far is that I was planning on a mid. level trans. dollar wize , I'll have to see how good my shoping for good used skills are .
Old 12-17-2006, 03:34 PM

I am going to do it as soon as ATS or powertrain control solutions has their stand alone box ready.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:49 AM

I did some searching for used Ally to do this , duratothe max gave some changes over 2000-2006 , so now I have more ??? , for a swap into a 94 47RH , is there a best yr. Ally to look for ? Then this may be done before , but this thread is getting longer faster than I get a chance to read , sourcing a adapter plate ect. on the other major componats ,
Thanks John
Old 12-26-2006, 06:34 PM

I think the best one would be the newest one, cause it has the 6 speed stuff already and some other improvements, correct me if im wrong.

Quick Reply: Allison tranny