Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

To All With Goerend Trannies

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got a trans from Dave last week, I did the install, had mine out of the truck, took his out of the crate at the shipping dock, put mine in & sent it on its way. Dave called to see how the install went and if everything was ok. You wont find better customer service anywhere. Sadly My truck is down with either LP or Ip problems so I cant go play.......Time to get a loan for a new vp44...lol
Old 01-14-2007, 08:21 PM

bummer about the vp or lp problems, that is one thing that i'm real nervous about, is that i get this loan and put the trans in and then my VP goes out. i thought about getting a bigger loan and just buy one and put it on the shelf just in case, but i'll take my chances.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by cluckmaster
hey, i'm in the exact same situation...I just got cleared last week for a loan to do the tranny (263k on stocker). I'm trying to decide whether it's better to drive out and have it installed or pay the shipping both ways and do it myself. Sucks to have to take out a loan for a tranny, doesn't it? Haha. also trying to decide whether to go with the billet input. Good luck! -Josh
If I had the chance, I'd drive to his shop and have him rebuild/tune/drive it with you. That way you KNOW it's the way he meant it to be.

brandon.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by joefarmer
If I had the chance, I'd drive to his shop and have him rebuild/tune/drive it with you. That way you KNOW it's the way he meant it to be.

brandon.
i agree, that's what i'll do, i'm gonna be driving about 347 miles, that'll break in the new one on the way home
Old 01-15-2007, 07:32 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i got mine shipped to me.... as you can see in my sig i got the billet flexplate, tripple disc converter, billet input, intermediate, (no billet output as Dave recomended it to be the "weak link" as it is easy to replace once i make some real power) 48re drum that allows 1 or 2 more clutch disc, the "noisy" pump (it's a 47re pump that puts out pressure and volume like crazy but makes noise that i can *barely* hear over the motor on a bad day), v/b, and mag hytech pan (that accually came off Garret's(bobcat698) truck). i was MORE THAN PLEASED with the timely delivery, and the constant customer support. he made it a point to call me before i installed it and make sure everything was there and to explain to me what all came with it and why. i haven't slipped it at all but i only have ~7K on it since i installed it back in Oct/Nov.... i have done anywhere from 5psi-30psi launches and nothing out of the ordinary has happened except my rear tires breaking loose from all the power his tranny's allow to be able to be put to the ground...... i don't know what power level i am at now but i'm gonna get it on the dyno hopefully once it (the dynojet 224xlc) gets installed by the end of the month and then it's time for some big ole upgrades...... even though Dave is a few thousand miles from me i didn't hesitate sending him the money cause i knew it would be a quality product backed by someone who knew what they were doing and accually cared.....

i know what you mean about taking a loan out for the tranny..... i did.... but to me it made my truck worth twice as much as it was before.... i'll NEVAR drive one with a stock tranny.....
Old 01-15-2007, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by 88bird
i got mine shipped to me.... as you can see in my sig i got the billet flexplate, tripple disc converter, billet input, intermediate, (no billet output as Dave recomended it to be the "weak link" as it is easy to replace once i make some real power) 48re drum that allows 1 or 2 more clutch disc, the "noisy" pump (it's a 47re pump that puts out pressure and volume like crazy but makes noise that i can *barely* hear over the motor on a bad day), v/b, and mag hytech pan (that accually came off Garret's(bobcat698) truck). i was MORE THAN PLEASED with the timely delivery, and the constant customer support. he made it a point to call me before i installed it and make sure everything was there and to explain to me what all came with it and why. i haven't slipped it at all but i only have ~7K on it since i installed it back in Oct/Nov.... i have done anywhere from 5psi-30psi launches and nothing out of the ordinary has happened except my rear tires breaking loose from all the power his tranny's allow to be able to be put to the ground...... i don't know what power level i am at now but i'm gonna get it on the dyno hopefully once it (the dynojet 224xlc) gets installed by the end of the month and then it's time for some big ole upgrades...... even though Dave is a few thousand miles from me i didn't hesitate sending him the money cause i knew it would be a quality product backed by someone who knew what they were doing and accually cared.....

i know what you mean about taking a loan out for the tranny..... i did.... but to me it made my truck worth twice as much as it was before.... i'll NEVAR drive one with a stock tranny.....
cool man, sounds like a sweet setup, what do ya think of what i wanna do, does it sound like a good starting point?
Old 01-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Banned

if it were me i'd go ahead and spring for the Billet flexplate.... that stock one is crap.... do it and do it once..... if you race or pull HEAVY and have mega HP i'd recomend the tripple disc..... i got it just cause..... my theory is it's better to have it than not to.... i know others will prolly not agree with me but that's my theory..... that setup looks good to me though best is to call Dave and explain what you want to do with the truck.... tell him the heaviest you will ever pull, what kind of power you want to eventually make..... he'll then tell you what he recomends.... he won't over sell you.... i had to tell him to do some of the stuff he said i didn't need.... same reason.... just cause.....

anything other than stock is a good starting point....... for a setup like yours for under $4K will be a night and day difference.... mine was well over $5K and to me worth every penny..... but i was told by Dave i'm good for 650HP or so, and 26K lbs including the truck...... i havent's broke it yet..... still got 93K miles on the warranty though......
Old 01-15-2007, 08:02 PM
Chapter President

Does installing it yourself affect the warranty at all?
Old 01-15-2007, 08:04 PM
Banned

not according to Dave.... i still get the full deal.... he just dosen't cover labor if it has to be removed and installed or shipping but he does warranty parts and workmanship.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by 88bird
if it were me i'd go ahead and spring for the Billet flexplate.... that stock one is crap.... do it and do it once..... if you race or pull HEAVY and have mega HP i'd recomend the tripple disc..... i got it just cause..... my theory is it's better to have it than not to.... i know others will prolly not agree with me but that's my theory..... that setup looks good to me though best is to call Dave and explain what you want to do with the truck.... tell him the heaviest you will ever pull, what kind of power you want to eventually make..... he'll then tell you what he recomends.... he won't over sell you.... i had to tell him to do some of the stuff he said i didn't need.... same reason.... just cause.....

anything other than stock is a good starting point....... for a setup like yours for under $4K will be a night and day difference.... mine was well over $5K and to me worth every penny..... but i was told by Dave i'm good for 650HP or so, and 26K lbs including the truck...... i havent's broke it yet..... still got 93K miles on the warranty though......
i was gonna get the re-inforced flex, did he say anything about this to you, i can't afford much more that what i already plan on getting...and i did call and talk to him and this is what we decided on.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:13 PM
Banned

if that's what he recomended do it...... i just wanted to have a piece that was SFI approved so if i ever made crazy HP and was doin' killer times at the track i would feel safer having that instead of that flimsy stocker..... dave didn't recomend mine.... i wanted it.....
Old 01-15-2007, 08:18 PM

ahhh, i see, but ya, he did recommend AT LEAST going with the reinforced, so i will, man this tranny talk gets me all wound up, i just wanna get it installed NOW..lol
Old 01-15-2007, 08:25 PM
Banned

i was the same way...... i dreweled ofer the parts in my living room for the 3 days before i installed them..... my wife (who by the way is the best wife in the world cause she lets me spend most of my spare money on my truck) thinks i'm obsessed with my truck...... i guess to a point i am.... mainly it's pride of knowing i have a far superior motor to a ford or chevy.....

all this talk is getting me excited about buying injectors and a turbo.......
Old 01-15-2007, 09:28 PM

Bird, what is the stall of your TC? And how can you tell without Dave telling you what it is? I already got a billet TC, but I think the stall sucks, and I wanna be able to tell what its before I send it somewhere, prolly GB Trans, just incase Im wrong about it. Thanks Bret
Old 01-15-2007, 10:02 PM

When you get this trans do you still need the every 20k band adjustment stuff?

Quick Reply: To All With Goerend Trannies