Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

airdog II 165 blowing fuses

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
airdog II 165 blowing fuses

i put the airdog in about 3 months ago. i blewa fuse about an hour away from my house. put a new one in and that one blew when i moved the truck . put 1 more in and i made it about 50 feet. the ground is good there are no wires pinched. could it be a plugged filter? need some help here.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:38 AM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Doubtful the filter is plugged. My AD150 was doing the exact same thing a while back. Start the truck, run about 5 sec and 20A fuse would blow. Same thing over and over again until I ran out of fuses. I looked for anything wrong I could think of on the electrical side and found nothing. Called AD and the guy tells me that he's never heard of one doing that. Said to send it in and they would look at it. I pulled the unit and opened up the end of the motor where the brushes were and fuel poured out of it. Not good I said to myself. Tied the factory fuel system back in so I could drive it to work. AD called 2 days later and said the internal seals were leaking and the fuel was shorting out the motor. They replaced the motor, seals, and recalibrated the unit all for the $45 shipping costs .......how's that for customer service? All in all I was without the pump for 3 days. My unit is 5yrs old so I guess if $40 or $50 bucks every so many years is all it costs me I can't really complain.

Hope your situation turns out like mine did.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:15 PM

thanks for the imfo. i need my truck in 3 weeks and i am gone all week long. this is the part that sucks.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
check the spare wires a in the harness ie:the fuel press light pigtail which if you don't get the fp light kit you wont use them. they each need to be individually caped. I had the same issue for over a year and ended up removing the relay and jumping it there, so when i shut truck off id just reach under and unplug pump. air dog sent me new pump assy, and multiple relays. It wasn't until they sent me a new loom and i pulled the old one out to see those 2 spare wires had been arcing out on the frame. The instructions said nothing about those 2 wires or to tape or cap them. sometimes i could drive for hours then at the worst time fuse would blow, truck would die...... felt like a tard
Old 09-05-2012, 12:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They never ever suggested or thought about those 2 wires lol
Old 09-12-2012, 09:13 PM

i called airdog monday. new pump was here on wednesday.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:56 PM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Glad to hear they fixed you up. Have nothing but good things to say about them from personal experience!!! As far as I'm concerned, their customer service is first class!