Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

airdog 100

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 06:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
airdog 100

Thinking of an airdog 100 and noticed they have a screen on the inlet.My concern is would it not create aerating in the fuel like say a "bubbling rock" in a garden.All you do is push water liquid through a screen and it get entrained in air.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:19 AM

The screen is on the inlet, not the outlet. So the answer to your question is no. This product has been years in the making and these guys do know what they are doing.

More info is here: http://www.pureflowtechnologies.com/

Get the Airdog 150 - I believe its the same price.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:25 AM

liquid going through a screen doesn't know whether it's an inlet or outlet it's just flowing through possibly making tiny air bubbles.I'm aware of thier reputation thats why I'm considering there pump.It makes sense that it would do that and I know pureflow makes a system to keep the entrained air out.Thats why I'm asking the question.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by kammak
liquid going through a screen doesn't know whether it's an inlet or outlet it's just flowing through possibly making tiny air bubbles.
Huh? Its not making bubbles, its making turbulant flow but the effect is negligible. The Airdog is taking the air out downstream of the inlet screen anyway. The screen is there to prevent big stuff from the tank entering the Airdog unit.

Originally Posted by kammak
I'm aware of thier reputation thats why I'm considering there pump.It makes sense that it would do that and I know pureflow makes a system to keep the entrained air out.Thats why I'm asking the question.
If you looked at the link I posted it explains how the AirDog works. This has been years in the making - if the screen is there - its supposed to be there.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:04 PM

You know your exactly correct.I was wrong from the beginning.The unit I was considering purchasing was the raptor 100 thats my confusion it doesn't have the filter and air separator.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:03 AM

Ok, your question makes more sense now. I still think the effects of the screen are negligable.

If you can swing the few extra bucks for the unit with the filters, its well worth it.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ement.php?f=94
Old 02-23-2009, 12:09 AM
Banned

Airdog 150 or FASS
Old 02-23-2009, 08:19 AM

No need for a Airdog 150 on a 2nd gen truck. I'm running the 100 and cannot pull my fuel pressure gauge down over 2 pounds at full fueling settings on a 12 second truck. They are that good.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by mcoleman
No need for a Airdog 150 on a 2nd gen truck. I'm running the 100 and cannot pull my fuel pressure gauge down over 2 pounds at full fueling settings on a 12 second truck. They are that good.
The 150's cost the same as the 100's. I would go with the 150. JMO.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:16 PM
Banned

Airdog 150 or Fass and never have to do it again
Old 02-23-2009, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by AirDog
The only catch is you have to install a suction tube with the 150. Some dont mind. So do. Just a little fyi
And also the 100.

Guys running bypass pumps really need to upgrade the draw tube. We fix them in the shop every day.

Even on our shop truck running a FASS HPFP (similar to Raptor) picked up 2 psi with no other changes. So even a moderately powered rig (Adrenaline and FireBall Pro 150's) benefited from the draw tube. The difference is even greater on bypass style pumps.

I know it's long been Pureflow's stance that the 100GPH units are safe with the stock module. It's better on modules that have the early metal lines. But the truck I am talking about had that better flowing module as well.

For reference, my '02 running a mechanical 12V lift pump gained nearly 20PSI at WOT. Since is also an "on demand" pump with no bypassed fuel.

I know this can spin off in a whole new direction with conversations of aeration and or cavitation, turbulence, filtering ability, ect. But it's just for info.

Dave
Old 02-24-2009, 07:18 AM

I've been running a 5/8s draw tube for about 2 years with -10 lines feeding everything. But ran in the 12s on the stock pickup. That stock pick-up is really restrictive, especially where it goes through the cap. After looking at the pickup orifice's and all of the stock banjo orifices it's no wonder the stock lift pumps fail so often. They are sucking through a straw and then trying to blow through one at the same time.

Quick Reply: airdog 100