Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Air Ride Pics for those Interested

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Air Ride Pics for those Interested

No Idea on bag size Running 1/2" lines and I guarantee it to be faster then 90% of hydros. I have never ridden in a hydro vehicle that rides like air, Air rides like a caddie all the time ;D my truck is definately smooth as silk and I can bounce it and everything just like hydros. We run nitrogen bottles which look sick when you are playing alot and the lines get about 1/4" of frost on em! Its all fun and games around here!
Old 04-17-2003, 12:45 PM

Thats the gauges and solonid valves I sold.
Old 04-17-2003, 12:45 PM

If you look to the left in this pic you can see the 1/2" parker Gold valves.
Old 04-17-2003, 12:57 PM

Very nice, the Parkers are nice valves. I'm still deciding whether to go with bags or hydros on my Ranger..A friend of mine has his full size Chevy on hydros with accumulators from MIC and that thing rides smooth as silk, easily as smooth as an S10 on air (another friend). The accumulators slow it down a bit but it's easy to bypass...<br><br>Anywho, what size tank and compressor are you running? (i'm into lowered stuff if you can't tell )
Old 04-17-2003, 01:53 PM

I can tell TX <br><br>Here is my setup; <br><br>(2) 9 Gallon 8 port tanks<br>(2) Viair 550c compressors<br>(2) Large Nitrogen Bottles<br><br>My whole system is 1/2&quot; synflex hose except for the &quot;T&quot; fitting from the valves to bag is 1/2&quot; Hydrolic hose. I have a 30 Position switch box up front which does all the work and just regular needle gauges for the pressures. I can into probs with the digital being not able to take high pressure. I can run the sytem for about 10 mins straight on the 18 gallons of air and the pumps but at the beach or something the nitrogen is good for about an hour. All my bags are firestone bags and have 1/2&quot; ports in them. <br><br>Im not huge on hydros so I don't know a ton about them so please don't quote me but I was told that you need a bunch of batteries and once the get low on juice you slow down is that true? i didn't know you can make it ride smooth the one I rode in was just solid no give it was like riding on the bump stops all day. I went with air because of the symplicity of it and low cost to get it done if you know what you are doing its like anything if I knew then what I know now I would have saved alot of money not having to do the job twice.<br><br>I find it really hard not to play with it all the time in traffic and stuff and I always get so many looks and I LMAO cause people think you are nuts especially having the TV in there any everything all pimped out people just shake their heads I love driving it and its very relaxing just going out playing and cruising. I love coming into parking lots and messing around where the Ricers gather and they all get mad. There is this one guy in our town who everyone envied and one night I pulled in and started playing and bouncing and stuff and everyone was crouded around my daulie and buddy got a little angry and wanted me to stay away from his spot light I found that funny its just a big toy that is a joy to drive. ;D<br>
Old 04-17-2003, 03:48 PM

**** you got some $$ in that, those Viar 550's aint cheap! With 18 gallons i'm sure you got a lot of playing time though, hell most guys are happy with one 9 gallon ...I forget you have nitrogen assist, I'm sure that's easily as fast as hydros but honestly haven't been in a truck that had it before....i've seen em at shows but never up close ya know....

As for the batteries, you're right...most guys either run 4 or 6 batteries, and the amount they run for competition is insane...and yeah once you drain the batteries it slows down. But like i said, if you get a good street charger it can recharge from you're engine so that helps a lot. The accumulators make a HUGE difference in ride quality - night and day. Without them it rides like total crap like you said, but with them (if set up right) it'll ride very well....In the end, with either bags or hydros, i think it's all in the set up &amp; how much the installer knows....either way you go it can work really well or really crappy...

And yeah i know what you mean about cruisin...it's totally cool to just lay it out at a red light and watch the heads turn. That PSSSSH noise from the bags is like music ;D
Old 04-17-2003, 04:15 PM
Banned

The lowered thing is cool, but I'd still rather have a truck rollin' on 44's. That way, I can run over the ricers in the parking lot. ;D If I had a 2 wheel drive, I'd probably drop it about 3&quot; all the way around. Maybe only 2&quot;. Nothing big. Just a nice, sport truck look.
Old 04-19-2003, 06:37 AM

Blue anything lowered is cool. Even a bit but I like being really low its just plain fun I think raising is cool to if done right but lowering can be a mess to if not done right.<br><br>TX my truck is way overkill with 2, 9 gallon tanks you can get by easily with 1, 9 gallon and no nitrogen. I just have both cause im nuts I think I may remove one anyways its just to much to fill all the time. The setup I have now is night and day over what It came with the stuff from air ride tech has one 1/4&quot; line to dump and fill both bags!!! I now have a 1/2&quot; line on each bag makes a huge difference it also has this nice loud POP sound on the way up from ramming the air so quick it actully sounds like hydros on the way up.
Old 04-19-2003, 10:44 AM

[quote author=BigBlue link=board=7;threadid=13662;start=15#129167 date=1050614143]<br>The lowered thing is cool, but I'd still rather have a truck rollin' on 44's. That way, I can run over the ricers in the parking lot. ;D If I had a 2 wheel drive, I'd probably drop it about 3&quot; all the way around. Maybe only 2&quot;. Nothing big. Just a nice, sport truck look.<br>[/quote]<br>So you can be like my brother.Back up over someone cause you didnt see the car.
Old 04-19-2003, 04:56 PM

Or my Dad has a duracrap thats all raised up had his big weight distribution hitch on and backed onto some car broadside behind him stuck the hitch right through the front 1/4 panel of the car!