Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Air Horns

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Air Horns

I just bought some of these airhorns and was wondering what you guys think and if anybody else is using them?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dual-Truck-Air-H...QQcmdZViewItem

Tye
Old 01-16-2006, 10:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't have these myself but they look nice and sure have the potential to sounds good and make plenty of noise when you need them to . From the looks of them they should last a while too. I'm jealous. Mine are cheapo Harbor Freight plastic ones but they work for now - I had to have something as one of my OEM horns died and left my truck sounding like an anemic Road Runner . Let us know how they sound and look once they're installed.

Steve
Old 01-16-2006, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rockyhud
Mine are cheapo Harbor Freight plastic ones but they work for now

Steve
Thats what I got as well, for another few days at least. There is a sound clip about halfway down the page.

Tye
Old 01-17-2006, 12:21 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got me a set of Wolo Wobblers off eBay...

http://www.wolo-mfg.com/air.htm
(Halfway down that page.)

The horn's are supposed to sound like a turkey, and I guess they kind-of sort-of do if you know what they're supposed to sound like. They sound like a turkey being ran over by a firetruck, at any rate. Anyways, I really like them. I installed them in my front left fender, and installed a couple switches so that I can use one switch to select between the air horn and regular horn, and then another to switch between "Gobble" and "Single Note". This way I can use my regular horn button. Anyways, those horns are 100% duty cycle, so I can wail them all day, and they're 118 decibels.

Now 118 decibels is way better than stock, and since these horns sound like a cross between a turkey and a siren they really get people's attention. However, right after I got the horns I realized I need bigger ones. You see, I was driving along in a residential neighborhood, doing 30 in a 25, and this young chick in a minivan, who was high on meth or PCP or something, came screaming past me at 45 or more, swerved around me, almost got into a head on collision, and then slammed on her brakes when she dived back into my line in front of me. At this point I was only 10 feet from her back window, so I honked for a few seconds and thought to myself how 118 decibels just didn't convey my exact emotional state. Anyways, I didn't have much time to honk anyways because instead of waiting for the three cars in front of her to go through the stop sign she decided to cut across somebody's front lawn who lived on the street corner and then keep going down the street. So I watch her leave, driving like she's high, and keep going on my way. Anyways, a mile or two down the road here she is doing a U-turn in a S-turn that's surrounded by tree's, so nobody from the other way can really see her, and she's sticking half way into both lanes backing-up so that she can complete her U-turn! So here she is, backing up into my lane, and I get a good view right into her eyes, so I drive right at her, lock up the emergency brake to get some good tire screech, and lay onto the air horn. And she just looks at me, not at all afraid, but rather with these (quite sexy) eyes like she's almost annoyed. Kind of like she's somewhat curious about my display of anger towards somebody who's going to get somebody killed. She wasn't in the least bit afraid (I was more afraid than she was, since I was sliding towards a lane of oncoming traffic with my wheels locked up going at least 20).

Anyways, point of the story above was that afterwards I realized that the point of an air horn is not to "get somebody's attention". Oh no... The point of an air horn is to "INFLICT PAIN". If the horn doesn't DO BODILY INJURY, then it isn't serving it's purpose. So how loud must the horn be before you get bleeding out the ears? 150 dB? Because I need one of those, darn it.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by Begle1
If the horn doesn't DO BODILY INJURY, then it isn't serving it's purpose. So how loud must the horn be before you get bleeding out the ears? 150 dB? Because I need one of those, darn it.
I'm with ya!! I'm going for an on board air system, That way plenty of air for pain, and an onborad air system never hurts. I would rather have it and not need it, instead of needing it and not having it.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:59 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
You need to hook up a 2-way valve.
One supply line for the 'normal' driving hooked to 120 psi line pressure, the other for the true morons hooked to a scuba tank.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:47 AM

train horns. 150 db @ 100'.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:22 AM
Banned

those lil ones are so easy tho, sure is fun sounding like a rig on rails.....
Old 01-17-2006, 12:39 PM

I want some of the ones we have on our 94 Aeromax. The freaking BELLOW!! it's not that high pitch extra loud thing, lower pitch, but still high volume! People freaking move when you get on em!!
Old 01-17-2006, 12:51 PM

they look good to me and the price is good too, if I wasn't up here i'd buy them in a sec (exchange and boarder taxes would kill me $174 is more like $260 ) i got the le cheapo "big rig" horns with mini tank its loud enough to hear over the diesel rumbling
Old 01-17-2006, 01:30 PM

How about some riverboat whistles..... These will get noticed.... http://www.kahlenberg.com/airsteam.html
Old 01-17-2006, 03:24 PM
JIT

http://www.hornblasters.com/

VERY LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2006, 05:14 PM

Air Horns

I just get the wife to roll down the window and yell like she does when
I am driving.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:42 PM

Cool Tye....

When you comming down so we can put them in???

Here is how I mounted mine.. Pull the inner fender well and there is lots of room...

Old 01-17-2006, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by gerry
Cool Tye....

When you comming down so we can put them in???

Here is how I mounted mine.. Pull the inner fender well and there is lots of room...
I just got the tracking # from UPS. I paid extra to get them Friday so I'll be putting them in Saturday.

Quick Reply: Air Horns