Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Aftermarket Lift Pump and Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 11:59 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Aftermarket Lift Pump and Warranty

I was talking to a Cummins service guy today ahnd he told me that adding an aftermarket lift pump to my truck will void the Cummins warranty. :'( <br>How do you guys who have changed your lift pump to aftermarket, and have less than 100K, deal with this?<br>I am concerned about if something else goes wrong, such as the VP44 taking a dump.<br><br>Thanks,<br>Chris<br>
Old 12-31-2002, 05:07 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Aftermarket Lift Pump and Warranty

Because of the business climate today everyone try's to cover their a$$ ie:it will void your warranty....well maybe, maybe not, if what you have added or done causes a problem to the equipment yes then you pay...just remember even if its better then what the builder sold you they look at it as a way to not fix it at their expence....you are your own warranty repair unless you have the money to fight with the corp lawyer's<br><br>Warranty is only someone who has authority signs on the dotted line....there is another type of warraty too is called good will warranty its for very good customers even tho the customer was wrong to keep his business its a warranty repair ??
Old 12-31-2002, 10:41 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Cummins does not have anything to do with the warranty of your engine in a Dodge truck. DC carries the warranty coverage and theres plenty of proof that the factory lift pumps are a weak link in our trucks. For peace of mind I want to go down the road knowing that I have a better pump.<br> ;D<br><br>I had to fight tooth and nail to get DC to send my truck to Cummins for an issue they could not resolve. They eventually did but they also said that if Cummins does not find the problem...I pay their bill.<br>That was on my 98 RAM with four failed injector pumps in under 4500 miles...BONE STOCK.
Old 12-31-2002, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put it on and forget it! I put on a new lift pump on and then i wanted reimbursed for part but they would'nt do it. the old pump was bad, they said i should have went to *******, ******* could not get it in for 2 days plus i would have had to miss work.i told him (at factory) i would put old one back on and call you to pick up truck he said that would be fine. I just wouldnt get reimbursed for the pump i bought.i said fine these so called people would rather have tow truck come and then pay dodge people to try to fix it. Good luck dealing with the junk that they know is junk!
Old 12-31-2002, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

I feel that it will depend on what kind of relationship you<br>have with your dealership! <br><br>--------<br>John_P