Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

AFE stg II vs Scotty Ram Air 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 07:56 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Tiger Rag
I hope I didn't step on toes, that was not my intention.
Matt
Not here you didn't, you just made me realize that my post could easily be misconstrued as a sales pitch like we see from some of the vendors roaming through the forums making posts just to get their name in them

That was not my intent and you can look at my old posts to see that I do not do that. I just happen to have personal experience with both products and wanted to share what I have learned while using them.

Your a good guy Matt, nothing wrong with stating your opinion in the manner that you did
Old 03-15-2006, 08:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
..... you just made me realize that my post could easily be misconstrued as a sales pitch like we see from some of the vendors.....
FOr whatever my opinion is worth to you... I did not take your post that way Top. Never have... when you post!
I do wish others would tone it down and report expiriences.... as opposed to pitching product. If we have questions we WILL call you. After all, your number is right there in front of us!!
JMO

RJ
Old 03-15-2006, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, I appreciate the input and I am in "purchasing" by trade so I know when to season my judgement with a grain of salt. Lary, I certainly appreciate everything you do here with this GREAT site and I know you are honest and never question that. I sure did not intend to start a "war" by trying to compare different products, I know both are great. Competition is what makes America great. Every body have fun and be glad we can enjoy this great site . Great job TOP, also to the Moderators and ALL the paying Advertiser that make this site possible !
Old 03-15-2006, 11:17 AM

Anyone have any opinions on which one is louder? Which one allows more turble whistle... which one makes you think it is sucking clean your glove box when you get on it?

Or is there any difference. I suspect in the Scotty II if you do NOT cut the cowl hole, it may be the quietest?

And my second question... if you were going for better EGT control, and reduced EGTs overall, would a 4" exhaust help more (obviously more money) or would a new air filter?

Of note, I only have 210 HP at the wheels with my 275s, but it takes FOREVER to cool my EGTs down to 300 on ANY given day. I normally shut-down at 350 and THAT takes longer than it should IMO!

Steve
Old 03-15-2006, 12:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Scotty with the hole is louder. Just rig a plate to cover the hole when you want quiet.

For EGT's I think a 4" exhaust will do more for lower EGTs and for cool down time.

I have seen the enclosed AFE with a hole in the cowl and a piece of pipe running from the hole to a similar hole in the AFE Box. Suspect it may be as good or even better than the Scooty II system??

RJ
Old 03-15-2006, 04:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rjohnson
I have seen the enclosed AFE with a hole in the cowl and a piece of pipe running from the hole to a similar hole in the AFE Box. Suspect it may be as good or even better than the Scooty II system??

RJ
I have thought of fabbing something like that up myself, not so much to save money, as I'm pretty sure it will cost more especially after I add in the time I would have into the project, but just to have the experience, and ability to say I designed and fabbed my own cold air intake.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:15 PM

For thoes of us with the AFE II.......there ya go.....