Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

AFE Cleaning Kits

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AFE Cleaning Kits

Anyone have a good source for a AFE Cleaning Kit on the net?

What is the difference between the Blue and Gold kit?

What do you guys prefer, the squeeze bottle or aresol, for oiling?

Gettin close to time to clean my Ram Air 3 filter element, so I better order the stuff to do it!

Thanks,

CTDCAL.
Old 09-30-2003, 12:54 AM

Re:AFE Cleaning Kits

Bump!

Anyone???

The reason I am asking is that several places on the net that I checked were backordered and there was no explanation anywhere that I have found that would explain what the differences were between the two colors. Hoping someone would pipe in that had some experience cleaining these filters with some tips on best way to do it.

CTDCAL.
Old 09-30-2003, 09:08 AM

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

CTDCAL:
I cant really answer your questionas to the different types but I got my kit from Piers you might try giving him a call and I think I have seen them also at www.MRBOBSDISTRIBUTING.com. You might try giving him a call as well.

For cleaning I just used their cleaner. Lightly brushed off the sticks and boulders then sprayed on their cleaner and took it to the kitchen sink (wife was not home) let it soak for a few then lightly brushed it some more and between the sink spigot and sprayer rinsed it off very well and was suprised how clean it actually got. Let dry then lightly oiled it. I also found that using one of the outerwears covers or I think afe has their own as well does seem to prolong the time between cleanings and definitely keeps the big stuff out of the pleats. I used the squeeze bottle but would think the aerosol would be better and less prone to over oiling.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:58 AM

Barry,

Thanks, big help! No sense in reinventing the wheel here, your no wife in the kitchen method sound like the way to go, both for the filter and the one cleaining it ;D. I will try the places that you mentioned.

Thanks again,

CTDCAL.
Old 09-30-2003, 11:55 AM
Banned

Mr Bobs is a great place to buy from, he is nice, prices are good, and he ships quickly. On the oil, bottle or spary can? I like the sray can, it goes on thiner and more even. I use to do the oil out of the bottle thing, but why when it is so much nicer from an arsoil can? Thats probaly the worst thing about the gause type filters (K&n, AMSOIL,AFE,COOL BLUE, ect.) people over oil them, and they cause troubles. Give MR> BOB a call he'll take good care of you, Good luck.