Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

AFC Mod's

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AFC Mod's

Ok, so i understand why the ACF foot needs to be modified, but i do not understand how to do it. does the back of the AFC foot hit the housing and stop not allowing the gov. arm to contact the plate, or is travel limited on the arm that it moves on? also what other afc mods are there if any.
thanks for shedding light on the subject.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:37 PM

You can do a few mods to the AFC.

The AFC has a plunger with a spring on it ... and you can adjust the tention of the spring w/ a new spring which adjusts the pre-fueling IIRC.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Eradan
... and you can adjust the tention of the spring w/ a new spring which adjusts the pre-fueling IIRC.
That is one of the many mods If you search for member "12valve" he has a link in his sig that will show you a bunch of pictures he took while modding his AFC. Make sure you pay very close attention to the details. Once you take it off cut, grind and modify everything you need to until the TOP rod is your limiting factor on the front of the housing. That is what I did along with cutting a MUCH more aggressive and deep surface on my 100 plate, and let me tell you it is a beast! At WOT I never clear the smoke (it keeps a steady stream behind me) and I can peg my EGT's pretty quik because of all the extra fuel

At the very least you can flip the washers around that are attached to the diafram (<sp) and put a small spacer on the rod to space the washers farther towards the rear of the housing(space it out as much as possible to just barely allow the nut to grab the threads and hold it together). And you can cut off about 3/8"-1/2" off the back of the AFC foot and grind the rear-most edge of the foot down about a 1/4" to allow the foot to sit deeper in the fuel plate. That for the most part is what can be done but I grinded on a few other things as well that I felt were limiting the travel of the foot.

It sounds a little more complicated than it really is, once you take it apart it really is a breeze and the part that takes the longest amount of time is letting the parts cool every now-and-then after you have cut or grinded them.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:53 PM

ok, that makes sense. I thought that the back of the AFC foot was the limiting factor, and i thought about just removing it, but like some pre-boost fuel control other than the pedel, just incase someone else drives it. So basically you can just grind the rear of the foot untill it looks like the plate will limit gov. arm travel and not the AFC foot?