Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Aero turbine shoot thru the heart of a droone

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 04:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aero turbine shoot thru the heart of a droone

Yes my AERO TURBINE muffler is guilty of murder, and in the First Degree. Today I got a chance to do alot of highway miles and much of it at 80-105 mph, the DROONE is dead. I had a droone at 2000-2100, and I installed the AERO TURBINE muffler to see if I could not get rid of it. It worked, no drone, and I search around to see if it had moved to a different rpm range, but nope it's gone. Big test will be when I tow something, but for now, I am pleased. No I am not one of these "I don't like a diesel to make noise" people. I love the sound of a tightly strung 12V, but just want'd the droone to go. So I am passing this info along to those that maybe feel the same way. This was my first hard run, and man can she scoot. I also went up 3 clicks on the AFC and it made some difference......I love this truck!

Also wanted to stress I installed this Aero Turbine in front of the system muffler. I use the Hog Performance ss 4" exhaust system w/6" tip.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:10 AM
Muted User

Re:Aero turbine shoot thru the heart of a droone

ditto... i've had my aero turbine for a couple weeks now and love the sound. Its loud when you want it to be, but without the drone of the straight pipe. these mufflers are advertised to give you better milage also, i have seen a little bit of improvement. This is accomplished because the muffler is designed to create a vacum. Of course extra money just for a muffler seems hardly worth it, but since i got mine for free i'm extremely happy with it.
Old 11-05-2003, 06:05 PM

do you run this without a muffler? Also how about for 4" exhaust. I got a 4" system from Jannetty Racing to move air like a 3" straight pipe system, but to get rid of the drone. I love the sound of a straight pipe. any help!! Thanks
Old 11-05-2003, 06:47 PM
Banned

I guess the question was directed at me??? I put the AERO TURBINE muffler in front of the normal system muffler (that would make two mufflers,yes), I love the sound of a diesel, but didn't want to listen to the drone I had at 2000-2100 rpm. If it's bad now, wait till you tow. So this was an experiment kind of, and it seemed to work. The two mufflers are both located in the strieght section of the system, and the Aero muffler is 10" in front of the system muffler.
Old 11-06-2003, 12:45 AM
Muted User

I am not running any other muffler with mine, just the small aero turbine muffler. I cut out the muffler that came with my 4" exhaust kit, and stuck it in its place. I really like the sound. pretty much straight pipe loud, but quiet in the cab when cruising down the freeway.