Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

advice for progression

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
advice for progression

Hi everybody new to the site actually any site. So up to now I have been flying blind looking forward to benefitting from your collective experience and hoping to save a few bucks by avoiding mistakes. All right I'm sure i could search for some of this, but I would like to get to the 600-650hp range on #2 as I think thats the most the vp will support. Would like to get and intake manifold (ats), o-ring and 12mm stud the head, new turbo and intercooler lots of questions there twins to single etc etc. wich will also impact my exhaust manifold choice, then injectors, and possible stacking of a chip, and eventually rounding it out with some water/meth and maybe nitrous for the strip and rollers, also not sure about how a cam would fit into all of this. Although i tow alot I still want to be able to run the strip pretty hard and the rice burners, and be able to post some big hp and tq numbers becasue why not. reliability in perspective is important I don't want the fast cheap way i wan't the good please don't bankrupt me equipment. Just to pre answer some things I have the con-ofe wich the south bend people said would be ahrd to hook to my trailer and i find it very easy wish i had gone with the fe and might have to eventually to hold it all together but I hate the whole thats too much hp to tow with I think it depends on the driver. Sorry so long just have alot of thoughts thanks in advance for any help
Old 06-03-2007, 07:38 PM

well, i'm a bit new to moding these trucks, most recomend the smarty tuner. i personaly have no experience with it as i have a supertuner. i know the diehards will chime in with more mods, but this can get you on your way. oh, welcome to the site.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:34 AM

Your clutch is rated at 450+ so that should be your goal imho for a reliable daily driver and frequent tower. Studs, turbo, and sticks and you're there.

Or you're looking at a dual disk clutch, twin turbos or a silver bullet, big sticks, studs, hot upgrade on your juice,.............thats five large right there and thats not counting the manifolds, cam, springs, intercooler,..... that you're already looking at =\ Gotta pay to play.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:07 AM

Might want to take a look at Mike Holmen's setup. He is (was) 650+ hp. Talk to him about towing with the M6's and the twin setup. If you're looking to go that big, a dual disc clutch is in order.