Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Adreneline question(s)...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 03:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Adreneline question(s)...

Picked one up today and installed in my truck (see sig) Disconnecting the Comp first.

1, Do I need to connect the wires for the gauges? I have these gauges already, no need to duplicate.

2, I took it for a test run, doesn't seem to pull has hard as the Comp. When I got back home and turned the key off, the truck stayed running. I pulled the #9 fuse and it shut down. What caused this?

Wiring is per the directions...red to + battery, black to -battery, red/white to fuse #9.

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The truck stayed running probly from a turbo timer, next time you turn it off, tap the throttle and see if that shuts it down, it should, as for your gauges you dont have to disconect your gauges, but if you want to use the defueling feature of the adrenaline you will need to hook up the pyro portion of the harness. You dont have to put the probe in you can just splice them into your current probe. hope this helps!
Old 05-17-2008, 05:01 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
How would you adjust the settings without the guages hooked up? Hook 'em up and hang it under the dash somewhere you can pull it out and adjust settings. The defueling capabilities are nice. Keeps an ignorant right foot from hurting anything!
Old 05-17-2008, 08:10 PM

have you tried downloading a more agressive tune off the site. the 2000 series tunes feel alot stronger than my old drag comp
Old 05-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Banned

The Adrenaline is shipped with a 1000 series tune. Try a 2000 tune, comp doesn't compare.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:27 PM

You don't have to hook the gauges up, but the control pod does have to be plugged in to be able to control the power levels. Also, as mentioned, if you run a de-fueling tune, the pyro does have to be hooked up. You will get a boost reading anyway since it gets that reading through the Adrenaline hook-up. Your truck would not shut off because of the turbo timer (more than likely).
I've heard mixed reviews about splicing pyrometers together. Some say that it will throw off the reading because of the resistance. I've never tried it, so I couldn't tell you for sure.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hink
I've heard mixed reviews about splicing pyrometers together. Some say that it will throw off the reading because of the resistance. I've never tried it, so I couldn't tell you for sure.
I have done it in my truck & a friends truck, both trucks work fine. I used the Adrenaline pyro & tapped the mechanical wires with quick taps.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:51 AM

I appreciate the help.

As far as downloading the updates, I tried that last night and when it sees the module (new hardware found) won't let me go any further.

Now when I run the update file, the box comes up for the module info, but I can't fill that in.

Not the smartest guy with a PC, please forgive my ignorance.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by I SPEED
I appreciate the help.

As far as downloading the updates, I tried that last night and when it sees the module (new hardware found) won't let me go any further.

Now when I run the update file, the box comes up for the module info, but I can't fill that in.

Not the smartest guy with a PC, please forgive my ignorance.
You don't fill in the box, just click on the "update module" button. It will say searching for module, then plug the Adrenaline in. When it is finished, click on "get information from module" to be sure you got a successful download.