Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Adrenaline Surge Updates

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 07:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by J Lent
When you set the minimums, you are setting the spot in the pedal where the fueling will kick in.
That was what I thought till I reread Quads explanations...got confused.

[QOUTE=Quad]Ok, RowJ, try this for me.
Set the MAX Timing to 0. Tell me if it gets better..... Now, we are finally getting some cold weather and we may need to alter some of the timing and CAN fueling....[/QUOTE]
Wondered about that. Cooler, denser air was all I could come up as a difference from when I first tried the new Comp tune.
I'll try reduced timing advance and get back to you.

RJ
Old 11-17-2008, 10:43 AM

Short trip on 4 lane hwy, not definative but....
-65 mph
-CompF tune; PL05
-TPS & CAN Min @ 40%
-OAT - 60*
- All other parameters = factory CompF

Timing at 7* - Bucking/Surge/Jumpie, etc. still there
Timing at 4* - Still there
Timing at 2* - Still there (andl no decrease in intensity)
Timing at 0* - Smooth

RJ
Old 11-17-2008, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That was what I thought till I reread Quads explanations...got confused.
The very first beta version did work the way you were thinking. We changed that a LONG time ago though and I have made multiple posts about it as well.

Either way, try this. I changed up the way we were doing the timing and can fueling to be more like we are doing the pump.

It is aggressive but, super smooth on our test truck but, we don't have an automatic and ginormous injectors either.

So let me know, better or worse. Also if more changes need to be made let me know boost, rpm and TPS if you can.

For this version I have the CAN MIN set at 30% and the Max at 100%. If it is better but needs a little tweak try bumping the MIN up a little. If you want more aggressive bring the MAX down a little.

This is actually more aggressive on our truck and while we did not dyno it I believe it is MUCH stronger.

Let me know what you think. Everyone feel free to try it.

ADR COMP2

http://69.56.157.126/products/index....ta-USB-Updates
Old 11-17-2008, 06:37 PM

ok

this is just my opinion so take it for what its worth!

i did read your last post quad and it got me thinking.
if with all these new tunes and the problems that seem to plague some people with ats and big injectors, if the box is still going in the direction it was intended to go?

it is very hard for me to read post after post from people still takling about surge issues. i really dont want people on this forum to think that this box is not worth the money.

when you add 500hp injectors and huge turbos and stack programmers ect... i really dont see how you could put the blame on 1 thing?

when you put a super high lift cam and crazy domed pistons with a too big carb in a car you drive everyday you really cant complain about driveability can you?

if you have a highly modded truck and you buy the highest hp box on the market i.e. adren, i dont think your goal was to make a hauler that gets 30mpg and drives like a cadillac? imo its like buying a hybrid escalade and bitching that when you tow the bobcat its slow and gets bad gas milage.

i just want to know if we are going down the wrong road now because of all this shudder/surge talk. i wanted a box that gave me max power and that i didnt have to stack another box with.

if i cant tow 30k without getting hot or drive my wife to work comfortably on comp 10 with 4000hp injectors,i dont care.
i would just load a 1000 tune and deal with my 400hp and not complain!
if it got on my nerves that bad id get an ez or a superchip.

i really hope that we can make this box the highest hp hardest hitting box ever made and still be able to have a 1000 tune that drives normal not a mellow comp tune that i can drive to the mall.
i want my comp tune to be for competition purposes like drag and pull.
you wont notice the surge there!
Old 11-17-2008, 06:42 PM

Well said.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by gotslicks
ok

this is just my opinion so take it for what its worth!

i did read your last post quad and it got me thinking.
if with all these new tunes and the problems that seem to plague some people with ats and big injectors, if the box is still going in the direction it was intended to go?

it is very hard for me to read post after post from people still takling about surge issues. i really dont want people on this forum to think that this box is not worth the money.

when you add 500hp injectors and huge turbos and stack programmers ect... i really dont see how you could put the blame on 1 thing?

when you put a super high lift cam and crazy domed pistons with a too big carb in a car you drive everyday you really cant complain about driveability can you?

if you have a highly modded truck and you buy the highest hp box on the market i.e. adren, i dont think your goal was to make a hauler that gets 30mpg and drives like a cadillac? imo its like buying a hybrid escalade and bitching that when you tow the bobcat its slow and gets bad gas milage.

i just want to know if we are going down the wrong road now because of all this shudder/surge talk. i wanted a box that gave me max power and that i didnt have to stack another box with.

if i cant tow 30k without getting hot or drive my wife to work comfortably on comp 10 with 4000hp injectors,i dont care.
i would just load a 1000 tune and deal with my 400hp and not complain!
if it got on my nerves that bad id get an ez or a superchip.

i really hope that we can make this box the highest hp hardest hitting box ever made and still be able to have a 1000 tune that drives normal not a mellow comp tune that i can drive to the mall.
i want my comp tune to be for competition purposes like drag and pull.
you wont notice the surge there!
Well said, but what's your point? We're not playing with 12v mechanical engines. We have engines and control systems that we CAN tweak to perfection.

I don't think anyone is expecting perfection, but I know A LOT of guys on this board jumped ship from other set-ups that ran PERFECTLY fine.

Now don't take that the wrong way, because I love my adrenaline and am a huge advocate of it. It's just that now-a-days we're in a market where we can have our cake AND eat it too. This box already makes more horsepower than the competitors, and day after day is becoming more refined than any other box. The power is already more usable and comes on smoother than any other box, so if only a little bit of surging is left than why not try to get rid of it?

I'm sure Quad would not steer his product down the "wrong path". If he sells 4k of these, and 3900 want a smooth no surging box than why wouldn't he want to make it a smooth running box with no surging and bucking?
Old 11-17-2008, 07:23 PM

Yeah, I think we are going right. I would say we are refining it, or making parameters that can be user defined.

The problem is that originally we had a bug causing this horrendous "bucking" or whatever you want to call it.

Now because that is gone maybe some minor things that were covered up are going to be uncovered. I am making small changes and actually I think they are better.

I drove the file for a long time today that I put up to try and it is just flat wicked and nasty. But, under normal driving it was really smooth. Now, that is on a normal truck. I have to get some feedback to see if it needs adjustment.

I am sure there is a limit as to how much control we have but, while we are making progress, why stop.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by qzilla
Yeah, I think we are going right. I would say we are refining it, or making parameters that can be user defined.

The problem is that originally we had a bug causing this horrendous "bucking" or whatever you want to call it.

Now because that is gone maybe some minor things that were covered up are going to be uncovered. I am making small changes and actually I think they are better.

I drove the file for a long time today that I put up to try and it is just flat wicked and nasty. But, under normal driving it was really smooth. Now, that is on a normal truck. I have to get some feedback to see if it needs adjustment.

I am sure there is a limit as to how much control we have but, while we are making progress, why stop.
I appreciate that! Are you saying that you think you can pull more power out of this thing? Unreal!
Old 11-17-2008, 08:38 PM

I don't know what I can still get out of it.

I think this latest update gets more out of the bottom end and top end from a Can Fueling standpoint. I don't have any hard data to back it up but, it sure is responsive and sure seems to pull harder up top.

I have some more aggressive fueling maps I have been playing with but, until I get all the other things as good as it can be I am not going to send those out.

They could very well be too aggressive and might cause other problem.

Right now I have a few XZT+ guys and a few Adrenaline guys getting a surge but, it goes all the way back to PL01 and PL02. That tells me I need to fix the CAN side of things to make them smoother.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:19 PM
Banned

I'm heading to the dyno Saturday, be glad to test some files for ya. I'm looking for bigfuel to 4k+.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
ohhh no dont stop!
i just dont want to see you get to the point where you will choose to dial back the power because of a little surge on a select few.
if a small surge is the side effect of an extra 50hp on pl10 ill take the surge.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:27 AM

For the little drive I took tonight with the comp2 tune in 35* weather i got no surge and there is definately more top end.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:40 AM

I was driving going up a hill using a bit of throttle and I could feel the truck starting to surge it was fueling on and off. By no means was it bad but you could feel it so I thought I would bring up the tps and see what was happening and my tps was at 30% and that is were I have my fueling set at for both pump and can. So I guess it was working exactly as it should I might try and offset the can and pump see if that makes a difference or set it to zero and see how that works. Or maybe the fueling needs to come on a little softer or wait for more boost till it starts fueling. Although everything does work really good I can drive around on level ten on the comp tune and its just fine.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:02 AM

Here is the Pulse ver 1.3.4 as well.
http://69.56.157.126/products/index....CM-USB-Updates

For those that have ver 1.3.2 and it is owkring well for you, don't bother to update the Pulse, there is nothing new.

The ver 1.3.4 update is simply a fix for an initialization problem that was happening the first time the Adrenaline and Pulse were turned on together. The old bug was that the Pulse went into a default of Tine 2 with all of the minimums selected. This update will not do that.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:07 PM

since no news is good news,how is the comp 2 tune?

i havnt run it yet because the trucks been down.

whats everyones thoughts because im gonna dyno it 2morrow......if yall think its worthy?

Quick Reply: Adrenaline Surge Updates