Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Adrenaline Surge Updates

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DO NOT run any of the old tunes. Besides the updates for surging the old tunes do not have the updated software to prevent the module overheating as well and they do not have support for custom tuning.

The new tunes fuel the same as the old tunes. If you have a Pulse you can even turn the fueling up higher if needed or in some cases lower as it might even make more power as too much fuel is not always the key.

The new tunes feel smoother and do not have the appearance of a "hit" when the fueling starts. This was done to eliminate the surging some were seeing.

Your boost numbers could be a lot of different things including air temp, air density and a lot of other things.

I repeat DO NOT run the old tunes.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:22 PM

1. I do not have the pulse I don't care about ajustability I always leave my ADR on 10 and never bother it and I like how I mounted my commander on the windshield and I couldn't do that with the pulse .

2.I guess I don't care about smoothness and I liked that "hit" when the fueling started . If I wanted smoothness I would be driving the wifes car all the time
Old 10-31-2008, 11:29 PM

PS .If you look at the bottom of my sig it says it all about how I like to drive "DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT "
Old 11-01-2008, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by dieseldork
1. I do not have the pulse I don't care about ajustability I always leave my ADR on 10 and never bother it and I like how I mounted my commander on the windshield and I couldn't do that with the pulse .

2.I guess I don't care about smoothness and I liked that "hit" when the fueling started . If I wanted smoothness I would be driving the wifes car all the time
x2
all this surge bs is getting outta control!
Old 11-01-2008, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by qzilla
I don't take it as an insult.

If I put a connecter 6" from the back 50% of the people will say why is it not at 18". If I put it at 18" then 50% say why not at 6". You get the idea.

I wished it was as simple as slapping a connector on the back and being done but, it directly affect a lot of things! The Pulse itself is nice and thin, easy to mount and there is not much room that is not covered by the LCD itself! Adding connectors takes away many of those things.

I just don't want people to think we never thought of it. Heck thats what we wanted but, there were too many downsides to it.

Besides, once you get the latest version installed it is a non-issue.

LAP TOP AND WIRELESS INTERNET
Old 11-01-2008, 11:24 AM

I like how I mounted my commander on the windshield and I couldn't do that with the pulse .
I don't understand that? There is no physical difference in the Pulse and the Commander?? You would be able to mount them identically.

2.I guess I don't care about smoothness
Unfortunately you are in the major minoriy here! You have read the gillions of posts just like I have. 99.9% of the people expect to be able to run PL10 while getting groceries and expect the truck to act like a stock truck until the put their foot into it.

I always leave my ADR on 10 and never bother it
I think a lot of people do that but, like I said above.......

LAP TOP AND WIRELESS INTERNET
Wireless is not needed. Download the tunes in your house and save them to your laptop. Then you could/can change tunes anywhere if you want.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:55 PM

Wireless is not needed. Download the tunes in your house and save them to your laptop. Then you could/can change tunes anywhere if you want.

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEANT HAHAHA

also

how do you load multiple tunes in the box
i know youve been over it b4 but i cant find it?
Old 11-01-2008, 02:07 PM

Load a tune into the box. Go to the custom tuning menu and save the settings that are already in there to Tune 1 or Tune 2. Make sure you save it.

Load another tune into the box. Go to the custom tuning menu and save it to the profile you have not used.

Load the 3rd tune of your choice into the box and that is the Factory tune at this point. then you load TUne 1, or Tune 2 anytime you want the others.

This is also true if you want 1 stock and 2 custom tunes or all custom tunes etc.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:07 PM
GFB

Originally Posted by gotslicks
YOU KNOW WHAT I MEANT HAHAHA

also

how do you load multiple tunes in the box
i know youve been over it b4 but i cant find it?
Ensure your pulse is updated for custom tuning. Save your current tune to File 1, upload a new tune and then save it as File 2.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:08 PM
GFB

Originally Posted by GFB
Ensure your pulse is updated for custom tuning. Save your current tune to File 1, upload a new tune and then save it as File 2.

lol quad beat me by a few seconds.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:44 PM

wow
i just loaded the latest comp tune and i honestly cannot believe how smooth it is.
i have not loaded any tunes into my adrenaline since like july.ive been running a old 2000 tune since i got the box
the difference between the new tunes and the old tunes is crazy.

i just wanna thank quad for all the hard work that has gone into the adrenaline to refine and perfect this box
it just keeps getting better and better
Old 11-01-2008, 05:10 PM

I don't understand that? There is no physical difference in the Pulse and the Commander?? You would be able to mount them identically.

He meant the Pod...He has the Pod.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally got my truck back on the road. Tested today with new hardware & software.
On Hwy at 70 mph I got some very mild surging above PL04.... up through Pl07. Only on criuse control.
Greatly improved and very nice.

RJ
Old 11-01-2008, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by J Double
He meant the Pod...He has the Pod.
Thanks J Double I meant the pod is on my windshield my mistake
Quad your right I am in the minority I just like things a little out of the norm.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:03 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RowJ
Finally got my truck back on the road. Tested today with new hardware & software.
On Hwy at 70 mph I got some very mild surging above PL04.... up through Pl07. Only on criuse control.
Greatly improved and very nice.

RJ
Have you tried to eliminate it with custom tuning?

Quick Reply: Adrenaline Surge Updates