Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Adrenaline Surge Updates

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its not just that easy. Look at it from our point of view.

1.) We cannot put it in the middle of the cable somewhere. Different people mount these things in different places and don't want a connector sticking out somewhere to be an eyesore.

2.) Putting a connector on the back of the unit make it larger and therefore make mounting it tougher. Right now you can use the mount it comes with, a Pillar mount or you can pretty much mount it to any flat surface you want including cell phone mounts.

Now, I don't know what you guys are doing but, I can pull our Pulse out in less than 3 minutes?

I think once you download v1.3.2 I don't see any reasons we will need to update them going forward. UNLESS. We finally get all the transmission slippage algorithm figured out 100%. Then, you only need to update it if you want that parameter.

It is still tons and tons better than sending stuff back to get it updated, even if the update is free.

Sometimes I wonder if people are going to non-stop nit pick stuff until the end?
Old 10-30-2008, 03:14 PM

I wasnt dissin (or nit pickin) on you guys, just thinking ahead. It would just be handy to be able to remove it easily for updates (since it is updateable).

Many minds come up with good ideas. Take it as an insult if you want, but I was just throwing it out there for an idea. That is how good things get better.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:24 PM

I don't take it as an insult.

If I put a connecter 6" from the back 50% of the people will say why is it not at 18". If I put it at 18" then 50% say why not at 6". You get the idea.

I wished it was as simple as slapping a connector on the back and being done but, it directly affect a lot of things! The Pulse itself is nice and thin, easy to mount and there is not much room that is not covered by the LCD itself! Adding connectors takes away many of those things.

I just don't want people to think we never thought of it. Heck thats what we wanted but, there were too many downsides to it.

Besides, once you get the latest version installed it is a non-issue.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:45 PM

Well said. Thanks for a great product.

How do the tunes line up qzilla?
Old 10-30-2008, 05:28 PM

The only difference is the amount of MAX fuel stretch between each tune, except for the dyno tune.

Doing this makes each step more aggressive with 1000 being the mildest yet still very strong, 2000 more aggressive and the Comp very aggressive.

The Dyno tune is the same as the COMP except that you reach max fueling at 70% TPS.

Any of these tunes can be made to another tune or modified.

If you want it more aggressive you can either turn the MIN TPS% down or you can turn the MAX TPS% down. Both makes the throttle more responsive. If you have an thoughts you might get surging I recommend not moving the TPS MIN down any, as that is what causes some of the surging people get.

You can turn the fuel stretch up on any tune out there. Turning this up will make more smoke, in some cases a lot of smoke, but, typically once you get over 1800-2000 most trucks will see a loss on high rpm horsepower. You will see torque go up and rise faster though. Each setup will be slightly different, which is why we leave this option open.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:57 PM

Thanks for the explanation. That will help in custom tuning when I get the pulse updated.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
The only difference is the amount of MAX fuel stretch between each tune, except for the dyno tune.

Doing this makes each step more aggressive with 1000 being the mildest yet still very strong, 2000 more aggressive and the Comp very aggressive.

The Dyno tune is the same as the COMP except that you reach max fueling at 70% TPS.

If you want it more aggressive you can either turn the MIN TPS% down or you can turn the MAX TPS% down. Both makes the throttle more responsive. If you have an thoughts you might get surging I recommend not moving the TPS MIN down any, as that is what causes some of the surging people get.

You can turn the fuel stretch up on any tune out there. Turning this up will make more smoke, in some cases a lot of smoke, but, typically once you get over 1800-2000 most trucks will see a loss on high rpm horsepower. You will see torque go up and rise faster though. Each setup will be slightly different, which is why we leave this option open.
Yea, def thanks for that explanation, much clearer now on how to work it

I def want it to blow waaay more smoke than it does now, at what point will it absolutely kill the top end? Or is it just something I'm gonna have to play with till i find a spot I like it?
Old 10-30-2008, 06:32 PM
Chapter President

When it comes to the connector I will also add that I contacted Quads staff prior to the cut. I cut the cord before I sent it in for the upgrade. I have mine mounted on the pillar and planned on cutting the connector anyway. Sure is nice and easy though.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:16 PM

I def want it to blow waaay more smoke than it does now, at what point will it absolutely kill the top end?
There are multiple ways to do this. The things I will mention will increase low end fueling and smoke on their own and these things can also be done in combination. The downside is the certain things may cause the truck to surge because we will allow you to fuel really hard, really fast.

Things that will make more smoke:
Lowering the Boost scale down
Lowering TPS MIN on both CAN and for the PUMP
Lowering TPS MAX on both CAN and PUMP
Raising MAX PUMP STRETCH
Lowering MAX TIMING
Lowering TIMING SCALE

All those things in one way or another will make more smoke. Raising the pump stretch is the simplest way to do it.

Or is it just something I'm gonna have to play with till i find a spot I like it?
In short, yes. Each individual that wants something custom is going to have to mess with it to make yourself happy.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:52 AM

Thanks for the info
Old 10-31-2008, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla

Im a little confused, wouldn't turning the MIN TPS and CAN fueling down lower the amount of responsiveness? I was under the impression by raising the Min percentage that as soon as you hit the throttle you will be at that percentage of fueling, say 40%, thus throwing more fuel into the cylinders than if you had it set at say 10%.

Bryan
Old 10-31-2008, 01:22 PM

MIN TPS means you have to reach that TPS position in order for it to start fueling.

The very first beta version was not like this but, all the current versions are.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:04 PM

I have been running the ADR 3000 tune sense it came out and was very happy with it well today I wanted to try the new tunes ADR_DYNO & ADRCOMP well I felt like I lost a little power with both of them . So I wanted to reload the ADR 3000 tune but it's not on Quads web sight and I don't have it saved on my computer so does anyone know how I can get the ADR 3000 tune back
Old 10-31-2008, 10:12 PM

Does it surge with the new tunes? If so you need to send it back for a firmware upgrade.
Originally Posted by dieseldork
I have been running the ADR 3000 tune sense it came out and was very happy with it well today I wanted to try the new tunes ADR_DYNO & ADRCOMP well I felt like I lost a little power with both of them . So I wanted to reload the ADR 3000 tune but it's not on Quads web sight and I don't have it saved on my computer so does anyone know how I can get the ADR 3000 tune back
Old 10-31-2008, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by ahire
Does it surge with the new tunes? If so you need to send it back for a firmware upgrade.
No surge problem with any tune I ran ,with the 2 new tunes they only allowed me to build boost up to 44#s but when I ran the ADR 3000 I could go to 47# of boost and it just felt a little stronger.

Quick Reply: Adrenaline Surge Updates