Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Adrenaline Surge Updates

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qzilla
No tune is going to fix the surging you are talking about. The more you try, the more surging you are going to get and the madder you are going to be. I can already see it in your posts.

So, either wait patiently for a resolution or sell it.
WOW..Quad you never seem to amaze me. I had nothing negative or didnt sound negative in my post and yet you assume and put in writing that I am heading that way. You know what? You are 100% right. I am going to sell it. I have not time for ppl who sell a "tested " product that doesnt work. Good day.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:21 AM

Maybe I should have lied to you??? What I told you is fact and the truth.

There are hundreds or thousands that don't surge. On the boxes that do surge, it is going to require a firmware update. That is just all there is to it.

Not sure why you took what I said the wrong way? I stated facts and nothing more.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:25 AM

Maybe I should have lied to you??? What I told you is fact and the truth.

There are hundreds or thousands that don't surge. On the boxes that do surge, it is going to require a firmware update. That is just all there is to it.

Not sure why you took what I said the wrong way? I stated facts and nothing more.
You can see me getting mad in my post already??? How so? I asked a question..thats it. Looks to me like you should have had all the bugs worked out before you took ppl for 800.00 or more on this unit. It def. will not get praise from me. Goodluck Quad..hope word of mouth doesnt sink you.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:26 AM

At 1200 rpm on lvl 1,2 or 3 (didnt go over 3 ) it "bucks" wildly..like getting hit it the a$$ over and over.
You do realize that PL01 is timing only. The Pump and Can Fueling are turned off???
Old 10-20-2008, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by dieselguy71
You can see me getting mad in my post already??? How so? I asked a question..thats it. Looks to me like you should have had all the bugs worked out before you took ppl for 800.00 or more on this unit. It def. will not get praise from me. Goodluck Quad..hope word of mouth doesnt sink you.
You've been on me for weeks now. So nothing new there.

And yes, you are talking about PL01 is driving like someone is hitting you in the A$$??? Then you ask for suggestions or just sell it??? I mean after all your comments I think it is prety clear of you intentions.

Then I PM you and told you I would send you a software update to try and make things better until we finalize what the resolution is and you ask me to never PM you again??

Grow up.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:34 AM

I am telling you with YOUR box plugged in..I have to set it on "0" to get no bucking. Thats the TRUTH. I suggest you get your sh&t together and get your products useable before you send them out to paying customers. I dont care if its 1 in 5000...do you want to be on the 1 of the 5000 junk airplanes when it fails???? I think not. I am done with my conversations with you. You do nothing but skirt the issues and beat around the bush to keep your image and products pumped up. Your not selling quality..your selling a pipe dream and making out like a bandit on it. PPl will eventually wise up and will stop paying your riduculous prices for units that are "state of the art". My unit is for sale as of right now. ANY OFFERS?????
Old 10-20-2008, 09:54 AM

http://www.quadzillapower.com/produc...8-02_beta.html

File Name: ADR1000C
UPDATED 08/20/2008
Software Version: 80020606
Feature Code Enabled: ADR1000C

Features:
Same as ADR1000B with no timing advanced.

Note: For these tunes the .NET framework ver 3.5 is required before these updates will work properly. Download ver 3.5 for free here: .NET framework ver 3.5

These new updates dated 6/6/08 and newer will work on all XP and Vista machines and laptops.

Try that tune and see if it solves your issues then.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:05 AM

Will try this at lunch
Old 10-20-2008, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by dieselguy71
I am telling you with YOUR box plugged in..I have to set it on "0" to get no bucking. Thats the TRUTH. I suggest you get your sh&t together and get your products useable before you send them out to paying customers. I dont care if its 1 in 5000...do you want to be on the 1 of the 5000 junk airplanes when it fails???? I think not. I am done with my conversations with you. You do nothing but skirt the issues and beat around the bush to keep your image and products pumped up. Your not selling quality..your selling a pipe dream and making out like a bandit on it. PPl will eventually wise up and will stop paying your riduculous prices for units that are "state of the art". My unit is for sale as of right now. ANY OFFERS?????
Not to add fuel to the fire, but the injectors you're using aren't known for the smoothest fueling available. Just food for thought.

Bryan
Old 10-20-2008, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by marine4life
Not to add fuel to the fire, but the injectors you're using aren't known for the smoothest fueling available. Just food for thought.

Bryan

Bryan..def. not going to disagree with you but...Ihave no noticeable shudder or any other issues with the box unhooked..Quad is actually trying to get something worked out for me. I have to say..I gave him hell and he is still trying to help..pretty stand up IMO..we'll see. Thanks for your input though.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:28 PM

Please keep us up to speed (pun intended) dieselguy. I think we would all like to know the outcome of your surging issues. As some of us (like me) might have small surging issues but maybe thought it was normal for these types of boxes.

Keep up the good / hard work qzilla. I think you guys have great potential with these boxes, just a little fine tuning is all.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by ramcummins
Please keep us up to speed (pun intended) dieselguy. I think we would all like to know the outcome of your surging issues. As some of us (like me) might have small surging issues but maybe thought it was normal for these types of boxes.

Keep up the good / hard work qzilla. I think you guys have great potential with these boxes, just a little fine tuning is all.
Most def. I plan to stay on top of this until I see a def. cure. Like I said before. I do give Quad hell on here and IMO it is deserved most of the time,but, he is actually working with me on getting this CURED> He wants this issue totally gone and isnt going to quit until it is. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt and sticking by it until its fixed. I love the prospect of having all the "bells and whistles". I will keep a post going..either here or I will start a new one..will most likely get with Quad on that one. Thanls for the message though.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:25 PM

I thought you were back to driving your old box as you told me the new box was not working? Is the new box or the old box having these issues?

Yes, and we were trying to figure out if you had a hardware or software problem. Sometimes it takes a little time to figure stuff out. In the meantime you post stuff like you did above and I have no idea if you are talking about the test box I sent or the old box I thought you were currently running?

It gets confusing as all get out. If you are running the new box, why? You already told me it wasn't working so why keep running it? If it is the old box then yeah, we know it has a couple of issues and that is what we are trying to resolve, so why keep posting and leaving us to try and figure out if it is new box problem, old box problem or you just felt the need to post?
Sorry, guess it wasn't entirely clear. I understand it can get confusing, but all it takes is one question and I'm always more than willing to clear it up.

For the record, the new box DOES NOT surge however it is LOW on power. You sent me a new tune for the old box, and the power is back. However, it still surges (this was expected and I wasn't reposting the obvious). After trying the old box with the new tune, I reinstalled the new NON surging box. Although it's low on power, it still makes more than stock. It fuels progressively harder all the way to PL10, however PL10 on the NEW box feels about as strong as PL05 on the OLD box that surges.

The reason I swapped it back in is because I essentially have PL05 power, and no surging. This box also hardly smokes at all.

For what it's worth I opened the box and it looks like the circuit board is one of the boards that fried and was repaired. I know when my box fried, it fueled just the same as this. It added more and more power with each level, but NOTHING like the box did before it melted.

Hope that was cleared than mud, if not just ask and I'll do my best again.

Shawn

EDIT: Also, my "hiccup" comment still stands true. It is literally so minute that i can't tell if it's a burp in fueling or if it's a dimple in the road. The only reason I even think it could be the box, is because I drive the same 70 mile stretch every day and it doesn't always do it in the same spots. It literally took me days and 500+ miles to put 2+2 together.

Again, I really have no clue but I thought it was worth pointing out. If not, then ignore my comment? Never hurts to have too much information, it's when you don't have enough that things don't get fixed.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:16 PM

Don't know which box you have off hand but, all theboxes I sent out were modified slightly but, they were all tested before the went out.

Not sure how it can make power but, not as much as normal and that is what I am trying to solve.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:25 PM

On a seperate note I talked to 13 different people today, 7 of them had automatics and all of them are 100% good to go. We still have some stuff to sort out but, I think it is problems with individual test boxes and not the "fix" itself.

So, tomorrow there will be new updates out on the website. These updates will cure 90-95% of the surging issues out there. It should fix it on any truck that has it but, not severely.

Auto trucks with bigger injectors seem to be the worst. Followed by any truck with bigger injectors, then stock type auto trucks. It seems most of the manual trucks with small or no injectors are ok and a few of the stock auto's are ok.

For the other 5-10% we have a firmware upgrade we need to do. This will be done in house. I will give you more info on that tomorrow but, likely we will need you to call in to tech support, tell them you need the firmware upgrade and they will give you an RMA. We will turn them around the same day.

This fix will solve 100% of them surging issues for those that need it.

The updates going up on the website tomorrow will also put a check into place to make sure we don't overheat ourself and cause the power resistor to melt.

In addition to that all the updates will have the custom tuning enabled for everyone to use.

The custom tuning has changed slightly but, it actually gives you more control and works wonders!

All in all should be a good day tomorrow for a lot of people.

Quick Reply: Adrenaline Surge Updates