Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Adrenaline Surge Updates

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had my Pulse come up with all zero's for all the parameters and would not fuel this weekend. I had driven 3 hours to my hunt club and getting in the truck the next day this happened. I stopped the truck, unplugged the Pulse and the Adrenaline and it worked again. On the 3 hour drive back I had a couple episodes where the idle jacked up over 1000 - 1200 and would not come down until the truck turned off.

Just a couple weird things that I thought I'd mention. I don't recall anyone mentioning similar occurances.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:35 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I loaded 2018 and there was no surge on 1,2 and 3, but there was on 8. I then put it back down to 2 and 3, and the surge was still there.
I loaded 2022 on and I will see how that one is.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:57 AM

How are the new boxes performing Quad? If it's fixed, when can customers expect thier boxes to be replaced, updated, upgraded, etc?
Old 10-18-2008, 08:12 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well i turned off the Pulse Pl0 and ran the Smarty on 7, guess what no surge!
So it's not the truck!
Weird thing is when i first loaded the Smarty and started the cold truck it would go into warm up then shut off. Threw a couple codes, fuel related. After clearing the codes & returning the Smarty to stock i warmed up the truck. Then loaded the smarty again and no problem.
I really don't want to get rid of the AD, hope we can get the problems resolved.
I know Quad is working very hard on a fix.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by scottsjeeprolet
Well i turned off the Pulse Pl0 and ran the Smarty on 7, guess what no surge!
So it's not the truck!
Weird thing is when i first loaded the Smarty and started the cold truck it would go into warm up then shut off. Threw a couple codes, fuel related. After clearing the codes & returning the Smarty to stock i warmed up the truck. Then loaded the smarty again and no problem.
I really don't want to get rid of the AD, hope we can get the problems resolved.
I know Quad is working very hard on a fix.
The more I drive this box, the more I've noticed some hiccups here or there. I can't pin point it to a specific TPS, speed, or condition though so I can't really make any definitive post. Can't even be sure it's the adrenaline at this point either.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:04 PM

How are the new boxes performing Quad? If it's fixed, when can customers expect thier boxes to be replaced, updated, upgraded, etc?
I would know a lot more a lot faster if people that get sent test stuff would do what we ask them to and then respond to me and not on forums? Instead they choose to do their own testing, their own way and the report to everyone else besides me. I guess they think everyone else can help them??
Old 10-19-2008, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
I would know a lot more a lot faster if people that get sent test stuff would do what we ask them to and then respond to me and not on forums? Instead they choose to do their own testing, their own way and the report to everyone else besides me. I guess they think everyone else can help them??
I sure hope you're not referring to me, as I sent you a response at the end of the weekend after I got my box. Then I got the new tune for my old box, sent you my impressions, and never heard anything in return?
Old 10-19-2008, 04:46 PM

quad i have been offering my time to you for a long time now and never heard anything back
Old 10-19-2008, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Well, when you asked me if I'd test the new box and I said "of course", I never heard anything back after that.

Not to play devils advocate with folks posting feedback and experinaces on the forums, but.....the forums seem to get your attention and a response.
I personally have several emails (and phone calls) that were addressed directly to you that never got a response (I know your busy). However, if I'm to provide direct input/feedback, yet not get acknowledged, am I just wasting OUR time? I've been testing every tune and configuration you've sent out (except for this "new box") for well over a year now with hopes of FINALLY getting this thing refined for those that are having isues. I've hung in there this long when others have thrown in the towel and sold the ADR. I know the potential is there and that's why I'm still here. As far as I know I have one of the quickest ADR equipped trucks out there, if that means anything. Just trying to help.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:38 PM

I emailed him to last night
Old 10-20-2008, 03:58 AM

I finally got time to reinstall my adr module yesterday. Loaded a 2000 tune..will have to dbl check at home today on the exact tune but anyway..the truck is actually the worse it has ever been. At 1200 rpm on lvl 1,2 or 3 (didnt go over 3 ) it "bucks" wildly..like getting hit it the a$$ over and over. With the cruise on it has a def surge to it..like your getting towed and the strap keeps slacking then coming tight..if you know what i mean...anyone have any suggestions or is it time to lose the ADR?
Old 10-20-2008, 06:31 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dieselguy71
I finally got time to reinstall my adr module yesterday. Loaded a 2000 tune..will have to dbl check at home today on the exact tune but anyway..the truck is actually the worse it has ever been. At 1200 rpm on lvl 1,2 or 3 (didnt go over 3 ) it "bucks" wildly..like getting hit it the a$$ over and over. With the cruise on it has a def surge to it..like your getting towed and the strap keeps slacking then coming tight..if you know what i mean...anyone have any suggestions or is it time to lose the ADR?
Try the Comp tune. It's not a test box is it?

Quad i sent a PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by scottsjeeprolet
Try the Comp tune. It's not a test box is it?

Quad i sent a PM.
No it is not a test box. I will load that tune tonight and try it. thanks.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:08 AM

The more I drive this box, the more I've noticed some hiccups here or there. I can't pin point it to a specific TPS, speed, or condition though so I can't really make any definitive post. Can't even be sure it's the adrenaline at this point either.
I thought you were back to driving your old box as you told me the new box was not working? Is the new box or the old box having these issues?

I sure hope you're not referring to me, as I sent you a response at the end of the weekend after I got my box. Then I got the new tune for my old box, sent you my impressions, and never heard anything in return?
Yes, and we were trying to figure out if you had a hardware or software problem. Sometimes it takes a little time to figure stuff out. In the meantime you post stuff like you did above and I have no idea if you are talking about the test box I sent or the old box I thought you were currently running?

It gets confusing as all get out. If you are running the new box, why? You already told me it wasn't working so why keep running it? If it is the old box then yeah, we know it has a couple of issues and that is what we are trying to resolve, so why keep posting and leaving us to try and figure out if it is new box problem, old box problem or you just felt the need to post?

quad i have been offering my time to you for a long time now and never heard anything back
Have you been emailing me?

Well, when you asked me if I'd test the new box and I said "of course", I never heard anything back after that.
I had a group of boxes ready to ship out when I asked you on 10-8. I did not get a response until 10-10. They were all gone, so that is why you did not get one, that is the only reason!

As soon as I can get stuff nailed down just a little better we are going to fix all these boxes that have an issue. I just have to weed through some stuff right now to figure out why some people still have an issue with a new box I sent out. I sent out quite a few and only have 2 or 3 that still have an issue but, I think I can solve their issues easily but, that is yet to be seen.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:09 AM

No it is not a test box. I will load that tune tonight and try it. thanks.
No tune is going to fix the surging you are talking about. The more you try, the more surging you are going to get and the madder you are going to be. I can already see it in your posts.

So, either wait patiently for a resolution or sell it.

Quick Reply: Adrenaline Surge Updates