Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Adrenaline Surge Updates

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 03:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by patracy
Anyone know of a part number for autozone for the fuel pressure sending unit?
To bump this up and ask another question.

Has anyone been able to update their pulse? I've tried to update mine with the QuadzillaPulseUpdate073008v1.3.2.exe file. But it never communicates with it. I've also loaded the driver package from quad on the machine as well.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:05 AM

I know i have.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Banned

my friends' pulse decided not to turn on the other day. we checked the cables, that isnt the problem. is this a common occurance that can be fixed with an update, or is this a symptom of the adr getting ready to melt?
Old 10-07-2008, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by bootsdodgejn
Ok so im confuse. I was just told by quad that custom tuning is only available for his beta testers and they are serial # locked. So then how was i able to get into it.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98...tml#post897137
You can get into the menus with the latest Pulse update but, they don't do anything. That has been like that since we released the v1.3.2 update for the Pulse.

It lets you see them, change them and whatever you want but, when you exit the menu it all goes away.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:03 AM

To bump this up and ask another question.

Has anyone been able to update their pulse? I've tried to update mine with the QuadzillaPulseUpdate073008v1.3.2.exe file. But it never communicates with it. I've also loaded the driver package from quad on the machine as well.
Depending on when you got your Pulse there were some that got sent out without the USB device being updated so that our driver package recognizes the Pulse. The driver package we have on the website should help but, if it does not call tech support and they should be able to walk you through it.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by dodgezilla04
my friends' pulse decided not to turn on the other day. we checked the cables, that isnt the problem. is this a common occurance that can be fixed with an update, or is this a symptom of the adr getting ready to melt?
Almost always that is a symtom of a loose or bad fuse tap for the ignition fuse. The Pulse uses this as its power source and not the main 12v power from under the hood.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Depending on when you got your Pulse there were some that got sent out without the USB device being updated so that our driver package recognizes the Pulse. The driver package we have on the website should help but, if it does not call tech support and they should be able to walk you through it.
I called but was told the latest update really won't do anything for me. And the tuning will be turned on via the adr updates.

Now, back to the other question. Has anyone bought a sender for the FP gauge from autozone?
Old 10-07-2008, 09:45 PM

You can get into the menus with the latest Pulse update but, they don't do anything. That has been like that since we released the v1.3.2 update for the Pulse.

It lets you see them, change them and whatever you want but, when you exit the menu it all goes away.
Ok. Sry for the misunderstanding.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:47 PM

Now, back to the other question. Has anyone bought a sender for the FP gauge from autozone?
Or from anywhere else??
Old 10-07-2008, 10:33 PM

99% of the fuel pressure sending units are either from Datcon or Stewart Warner and those units are basically the same. I will be happy to post datcon part#'s in the morning so you have them. This is the same one that autozone or napa or pretty much anyone else is going to carry.

The problem is that about 15% of them are going to fail and become un-reliable. That is the only reason we are not selling them and why we dropped the price. If you want to take a gamble go for it but, don't be hacked at me when it quits.

We think we have a transducer about ready for a reasonable price. It is going to require a board modification and a wire harness modification because it is a powered transducer. Even with these 2 things in mind we are very close to having a reasonably priced solution with a quick turn around on something that will last forever.

Just to keep the price within reason we are only going to be selling these on our website direct. This is not an attempt to make money but, a way we can offer something that essentially has no markup in it and still get it out to you guys.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quad, I've been reading the boards & getting different responces all around from different guys who have called your shop. I was wondering when we can expect the comp tunes with custom tuning enabled?
Old 10-07-2008, 11:04 PM

When we finish testing our updates ourselves. I have tried to email and post things for people to try and it is not working out so, we are doing all the testing in house for now.

I have a fellow DTR member that is going to be by our shop to let us do a little testing with big sticks tomorrow and we will see where that goes.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:05 PM

99% of the fuel pressure sending units are either from Datcon or Stewart Warner and those units are basically the same. I will be happy to post datcon part#'s in the morning so you have them. This is the same one that autozone or napa or pretty much anyone else is going to carry.

The problem is that about 15% of them are going to fail and become un-reliable. That is the only reason we are not selling them and why we dropped the price. If you want to take a gamble go for it but, don't be hacked at me when it quits.

We think we have a transducer about ready for a reasonable price. It is going to require a board modification and a wire harness modification because it is a powered transducer. Even with these 2 things in mind we are very close to having a reasonably priced solution with a quick turn around on something that will last forever.

Just to keep the price within reason we are only going to be selling these on our website direct. This is not an attempt to make money but, a way we can offer something that essentially has no markup in it and still get it out to you guys.

Thank you sir. Not to pressure you but do you have an ET on the release? I appreciate the help.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:06 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When we finish testing our updates ourselves. I have tried to email and post things for people to try and it is not working out so, we are doing all the testing in house for now.

I have a fellow DTR member that is going to be by our shop to let us do a little testing with big sticks tomorrow and we will see where that goes.
Thanks Quad. Thats all I needed to know. I just like to hear it from the horses mouth, too much B.S. floating around the boards.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:13 AM

Have you had the opportunity to test on a truck/trucks that are KNOWN to surge? Have you seen one first hand yet? Think a solution is imminent for the surging?

Thanks
Shawn

Quick Reply: Adrenaline Surge Updates