Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Adrenaline Surge Updates

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah i think you are probably right, i woould just like to know why right at 2000 rpm the truck hiccups all of the sudden. i am really begining to love this box i absolutely cannot wait for my pulse to get here
Old 09-28-2008, 11:08 PM

Did anyone get the newest test file ?? I didn't get it in time before it was taken down. I'd love to give it a try.

If you have it please email it to me racerron@sbcglobal.net

Thanks
Old 09-29-2008, 06:17 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RacerRon
Did anyone get the newest test file ?? I didn't get it in time before it was taken down. I'd love to give it a try.

If you have it please email it to me racerron@sbcglobal.net

Thanks
It was taken down because they had problems with it too.
So how many are running the Pulse and having surge?
How many without the pulse and having surge issues?
Just wondering if there is a difference.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Banned

running the pulse with the adrenaline and have no surge,lugging or bucking
I did have like a pause at 1800.2000 rpm with the 2000 test tune but tweaked that out
Old 09-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Banned

Well I havent got a chance to update my Pulse yet but....... I did download the file JLent sent me and it took under 20 secs for it to download. My trucks running better than it has ever ran with the Adrenaline.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Chapter President

Here's what i got from Quad today:
Scott,
Quad is building a file that should eliminate the surging that most of you guys are experiencing. He's been testing this on our test truck and trying to build a file that should work. I would have to say that the custom tuning files should be ready in a month or so. There should be some sort of instructions to help with the custom tuning that will walk you through it.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Banned

Month or Two
Old 10-01-2008, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by scottsjeeprolet
Here's what i got from Quad today:
Scott,
Quad is building a file that should eliminate the surging that most of you guys are experiencing. He's been testing this on our test truck and trying to build a file that should work. I would have to say that the custom tuning files should be ready in a month or so. There should be some sort of instructions to help with the custom tuning that will walk you through it.
It is also obvious that part of the problem is NOT in the files themselves as developed and tested by Quad, but the files can become corrupted by the time they are actually installed in the ADR.

Without fixing the file corruption problem first, Quad cannot make any reliable headway. Has Quad tried to download the files from his own site or tried using e-mailed files instead of using his 'master files'? He has stated repeatedly he cannot make his own test trucks surge, but he is probably using uncorrupted files.

My $0.02.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Philabuster
It is also obvious that part of the problem is NOT in the files themselves as developed and tested by Quad, but the files can become corrupted by the time they are actually installed in the ADR.

Without fixing the file corruption problem first, Quad cannot make any reliable headway. Has Quad tried to download the files from his own site or tried using e-mailed files instead of using his 'master files'? He has stated repeatedly he cannot make his own test trucks surge, but he is probably using uncorrupted files.

My $0.02.
I don't buy it. So your saying that all the files, and i have all of them are corrupted? It doesn't matter if i update the AD here at work or at home. 2 different PC's having the same problem with corrupted files? There's more to it.
But on the other hand i never had the surge until after messing with different files. Maybe Quad could send the new files out on a CD. But that would cost a lot, but so did the AD/ Pulse.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Banned

I had the pause some where between 1800, 2000 rpm with the 2000 test file that was the only problem i had with any of the files
I changed it with one of the settings found in here think posted by j double and the pause is gone
I am still playing with the settings and having fun!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 05:52 PM
Banned

maybe we should have a poll on what people are using to download the tunes that are having problems?
56k, dsl, cable satellite or maybe virus checkers see if we can find something that might be helping to corrupt parts of the files?
Old 10-01-2008, 06:07 PM

i have broadban through my cable company, i downloaded my programs straight to the box from the computer. (i did not save them to my computer) i also did not unplug the module before i programed it. there is too much confusion with this thing that is for sure, my truck has been running fine all week, smoked the same d-max twice from a dead stop and he had an auto
Old 10-01-2008, 06:25 PM
Banned

got cable too but i did save mine to computer but have switched back and forth between tunes without any problems other then the pause hiccup between 1800 2000 rpms til tuned it out on 2000 test tune
Old 10-01-2008, 06:40 PM

Cable, DSL, work internet is OC3 something or other.....

Two different laptops, three different towers...

I'm nowhere near convinced it's a download thing unless it's somehow a communication issue while installing the update.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:41 PM

how did you get rid of your hiccup, that is the only thing that i have that i would like to get rid of, which of the 2000 tunes did you download to get rid of it.

Quick Reply: Adrenaline Surge Updates