Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Adrenaline Surge Updates

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question seeing that you are "watching"

On the 1000b tune that I am loving right now, is there a way to mold in some more aggressiveness into the upper levels of the tune?

Dont you go and touch 1-5 now, but like 6-10 shifts to more of a comp tune?

I suppose this may be the idea of loading multiple tunes at once once that option is available? say 1000b for T1 and Comp1 for T2?
Something like that....

Oh and PS got my mount in the mail the other day... appreciate you sending it out... price tag was more than reasonable... Hope to have a cool mount setup soon..
Old 09-17-2008, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by bnold
Question seeing that you are "watching"

On the 1000b tune that I am loving right now, is there a way to mold in some more aggressiveness into the upper levels of the tune?

Dont you go and touch 1-5 now, but like 6-10 shifts to more of a comp tune?

I suppose this may be the idea of loading multiple tunes at once once that option is available? say 1000b for T1 and Comp1 for T2?
Something like that....

Oh and PS got my mount in the mail the other day... appreciate you sending it out... price tag was more than reasonable... Hope to have a cool mount setup soon..

Make sure and share your mount solution. I'm always watching to see a potentially cleaner setup.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tiger Rag
Make sure and share your mount solution. I'm always watching to see a potentially cleaner setup.
Will do once I know if its going to work or not! Be mid next week probably
Old 09-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by qzilla
No I am here and watching. Just watching for now.

We have tested, re-tested, reflashed etc.

It does not make any sense to us. When you reflash a module the entire flash gets erased. We verified that something was not getting left in the flash.

I do see how it is possible to have a corrupt file that you downloaded on your desktop. The fix to that would just be to re-download whatever file that was off of the website.

Re-loading, and all the reflashing should not and does not matter.

I am just waiting to see how this pans out. I see some guys that jumped off board and are now jumping off board (which is what I expected).
Yeah, but I have tried the 1000 tunes from the webpage, all had a bad shudder like the video I posted a page back. The old 1000 tune from 4/15 I think is the one that is working well & clearing the shuttering most guys are experiencing. That is a old "saved" file & it is working. After loading that file & test driving, the comp from the site is smooth. The fix is in that file.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by J Lent
Yeah, but I have tried the 1000 tunes from the webpage, all had a bad shudder like the video I posted a page back. The old 1000 tune from 4/15 I think is the one that is working well & clearing the shuttering most guys are experiencing. That is a old "saved" file & it is working. After loading that file & test driving, the comp from the site is smooth. The fix is in that file.
J,

Can you send me that tune?

xtoyz@frontiernet.net

Thanks,
Shawn
Old 09-17-2008, 03:45 PM
JIT

me too... jfoster@yaleflorida.com
Old 09-17-2008, 03:47 PM
JIT

Originally Posted by qzilla
No I am here and watching. Just watching for now.

We have tested, re-tested, reflashed etc.

It does not make any sense to us. When you reflash a module the entire flash gets erased. We verified that something was not getting left in the flash.

I do see how it is possible to have a corrupt file that you downloaded on your desktop. The fix to that would just be to re-download whatever file that was off of the website.

Re-loading, and all the reflashing should not and does not matter.

I am just waiting to see how this pans out. I see some guys that jumped off board and are now jumping off board (which is what I expected).
My truck Surges no matter what tune I run! I think I may need to replace the APPS!?!?
Old 09-17-2008, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by JIT
My truck Surges no matter what tune I run! I think I may need to replace the APPS!?!?
Waste of money 95% or more of the time. Reset it, yes, but don't replace it. Most likely a sensor. Do a search for APPS reset and you'll find the procedure by using a multimeter.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by xtoyz17
J,

Can you send me that tune?

xtoyz@frontiernet.net

Thanks,
Shawn
Originally Posted by JIT
You boys have mail.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:13 AM
Banned

Downloaded the Old 1000 Tune 5 times in a row......BAD BAD SURGE
Old 09-18-2008, 07:55 AM

Ditto! I'm on #4 or #5 for original 1000. No apparent improvement.
Going to Comp tune today. I realized I had never run the Comp tune on the street before.... so it may just be smoother on my truck?

On my last few tries, I have had the 1000 tune take a long time to download.... and had it load quickly. Is this possibly inconsistant downloads?

RJ
Old 09-18-2008, 09:17 AM

Mine downloaded quickly. No apparent issues so far.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RowJ
Ditto! I'm on #4 or #5 for original 1000. No apparent improvement.
Going to Comp tune today. I realized I had never run the Comp tune on the street before.... so it may just be smoother on my truck?

On my last few tries, I have had the 1000 tune take a long time to download.... and had it load quickly. Is this possibly inconsistant downloads?

RJ
Exactly what I thought! When it took longer to download, truck ran like crap. I also got a message saying "sorry for the inconvenience, must shut down" or something like that. This may just be a download problem, but the old tune worked for me on 3 trucks that are still running great.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:56 AM
JIT

Originally Posted by Tiger Rag
Waste of money 95% or more of the time. Reset it, yes, but don't replace it. Most likely a sensor. Do a search for APPS reset and you'll find the procedure by using a multimeter.
I have reset it and it didnt change a thing! Smarty and Edge ran great on my truck with no surging, I dont know what Quad does differently but whatever it is. My truck doesnt like it!

On a side note I like the FUEL Only Tune Idea. I would like to try an Aggressive Fuel Only 4k RPM tune to stack with Smarty's Timing and softf Catcher for Sled Pulling!
Old 09-18-2008, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by JIT
I have reset it and it didnt change a thing! Smarty and Edge ran great on my truck with no surging, I dont know what Quad does differently but whatever it is. My truck doesnt like it!

On a side note I like the FUEL Only Tune Idea. I would like to try an Aggressive Fuel Only 4k RPM tune to stack with Smarty's Timing and softf Catcher for Sled Pulling!
Have you replaced Map and IAT sensors? That was a big help for me. I've talked to tons of guys who spent $4-600 on an APPS and it didn't fix anything. Just trying to help you save a few bucks. If not sensors, I'd guess injection pump or an injector issue.

There is also another sensor that is heat related. I see you're in Fla, might be worth checking. I can't remember which one though. I'll see if I can find out.

Quick Reply: Adrenaline Surge Updates