Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

adrenaline + pulse problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
adrenaline + pulse problems

I just hoked up my adrenaline with the pulse monitor. With the power level on 0 the truck runs like stock as soon as I try to turn it up the truck revs up for a split second and a black puff then goes back to an idle and as soon as I touch the throttle it JUMPS to about 1200 rpm and stays there no matter where the pedal is like it is a dead pedal until I let off the throttle then goes back to idle. Next problem. The rpm's on the pulse stays at 16,383 rpm's all the time. Next problem, The boost reads aprox 6 psi lower than my analog guage. there is a place to adjust the egt's and fuel psi, but not the boost. Next problem, The water temp is either at 0 degrees or 163 degrees. With all that being said, did I get a bad unit?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike
Old 05-24-2008, 06:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would check my connections. There have not been any bad units (other than earlier Beta tester units) that I know of.

Try setting your warmup Mode to 180* and see how it idles. This will insure power settings are at PL00. May work.
Also, maybe reset to default settings on pulse??
And download the ADR 1000 software on Quad's web site. This tune is the least likely to act up, IMO.

EGT & FP adjustments are not operable yet....unless your refering to the high EGT and low FP limiters (defueling)??

RJ
Old 05-24-2008, 09:23 PM

I have re done ALL of my connections because I thought that might be it at first.

I will try setting the warm up mode to 180*

I already reset the pulse to defaults and that didn't work.

If the warm up mode thing doesn't work I will try the ADR 1000 download, but isn't that what comes downloaded from brand new? Because I just pu it out of the box and hooked it up to the truck. It hasent seen a computer yet.

Thanks again, Mike
Old 05-24-2008, 10:30 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All modules are tested before leaving quad, it must be a connection problem. My friend was having issues, turned out that his canbus black plug going to the box had one terminal pushed up in & not making contact. Check really close.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:28 PM

Where does it get the water temp from because it shows 0. If it comes through the can bus that may be it. That is the only connection I didn't check. I will go check it real quick.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:37 PM

That wasnt it either.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:40 PM

Try setting your warmup Mode to 180* and see how it idles. This will insure power settings are at PL00. May work.

Warm up mode is out of the question I tried that and it dosen' work because the temp never leaves 0*. I let it warm up in my driveway with the exhaust brake on for 10 minutes then took a 10 mile round trip drive and it never came off 0*

Any other suggestions? Thanks again.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:17 PM

Quad?

Anyone?
Old 05-27-2008, 01:28 PM

Ok, the coolant temp comes straight from the can bus. If you are not getting a coolant temp reading, nothing else is going to work.

You can also try and look at TPS%, Load%, Vehicle speed, rpm, fuel temperature etc. and see if you get a reading on any of those.

If not, then it is either a connection problem, wire harness problem or possibly a box problem but, it shouldn't be.

It was mentioned above but, every single Adrenline is tested on a truck for all functions working properly before they ship. SO my guess is either a wire harness or a bad connection?

Also, you can always call tech support, most times that is the fastest way to get a problem resolved.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:37 PM

qzilla, as you read in my 1st post rpm shows 16,383 all the time (running or not). TPS shows 0%, Load shows 100%, havent checked vehicle speed or fuel temp. yet. I have been talking to Ross in your tech. dept. he wanted me to re-flash the monitor and re-flash the adrenaline. I did that and will hook it up to the truck tonight and see what happens. I will try to check everything we have talked about and let ya know what I find. Thanks again
Old 05-28-2008, 12:54 AM
Banned

My Adren with Pulse will flash warm up... then it goes into high idle for around 5 seconds and then the truck dies. It has done this 2 times. I have tried both the Adren1000 and 2000 tunes. I am also not getting much of a power gain either. I have tried all different levels with the same results. NO SMOKE.....
Old 05-28-2008, 09:58 AM

Ok qzilla here are my results. After re-flashing both the box and the pulse I hooked it up and it is still the same. Parimaters are as follows. EGT seems to be pretty accurate, Boost works but is 6 psi low across the full range, trans temp (hooked up for engine oil temp) starts @100* and goes up from there as the engine warms up but 100* is as low as it will go (outside temp in the 50's), TPS% stays at 0, Load% stays at 100, Speed stays at 0, RPM stays at 16,383, Backdown% stays at 0, Water temp stays at 0*, ECM stays at 0.0V, fuel temp stays at 40*f, IAT stays at -40*f, Oil press stays at 0 psi. All of them from TPS down stay where they are at weather the engine is running or not.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:26 PM

How about on hooking the box and hooking back up stock,then does it run good.You may have a bad ecm or shorted.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:53 AM

Un hooked the Adrenaline and re-installed the Comp and it runs good.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:58 AM

Sent the Adrenaline back to Quadzilla for evaluation yesterday. I will keep ya'll informed.

Quick Reply: adrenaline + pulse problems