Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

adrenaline problem.....!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do you have a boost elbow in the turbo? are you making more boost now?
Old 06-20-2008, 02:48 PM

I bet your converter is shot.

If you have the COMP tune loaded it should smoke like a tire fire behind you. If it is not then it is not fueling. It sounds more like it is the Can Bus only fueling to me?

It should not be I can sort of tell a difference. You should feel and hear the difference everytime you go up a level.

Sometimes when the converters are shot completely, the truck won't make any load and therefore no matter what you do you cannot get any power out of them.

Other than something wrong with the box or installation this is the only other thing I can think of.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:43 PM

[QUOTE/]

I bet your converter is shot.

If you have the COMP tune loaded it should smoke like a tire fire behind you. If it is not then it is not fueling. It sounds more like it is the Can Bus only fueling to me?

It should not be I can sort of tell a difference. You should feel and hear the difference everytime you go up a level.

Sometimes when the converters are shot completely, the truck won't make any load and therefore no matter what you do you cannot get any power out of them.

Other than something wrong with the box or installation this is the only other thing I can think of.
[/QUOTE]

I do feel the power ramp up while I get on it and go up levels....if im at a dead stop and floor it does puff out a good deal of smoke but it clears up almost instantly, also when im in overdrive and the converter is locked up if I get into it, it doesn't slip the converter? wouldn't it slip if i'm on level 10? could it the TM holding back the power?I checked the engine load % while I was driving and i could only get it to go to 80%

thanks justin
Old 06-20-2008, 10:48 PM

What concens me more than anything is that NO ONE on here is going to describe the COMP to puff out good smoke.

It should literally lay the thickest blackest cloud of exhuast you have seen.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:13 AM

I've never tried them, so I can't comment on how the newer tunes function. I haven't upgraded mine since the first "working" RowJ tune came out.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Chapter President

Load the 2000 tune. It will smoke like no tomorrow.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
What concens me more than anything is that NO ONE on here is going to describe the COMP to puff out good smoke.

I dont know how the comp compares to the sled and test3 4k tunes but when i ran them they didnt smoke that bad. Just a puff when i would take off. My smarty w/ injectors only would smoke worse, But the power doesn't compare to the adrenaline.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:15 PM

Comp Tune definatly smokes like a tire fire, unstreetable smoke for me and i only have 60hp stix, It will even smoke on pl02 with just the can bus fueling,
Old 06-21-2008, 09:00 PM

yeah I know what smoke is trust(smarty set to kill on my 06 will flat out shut down highways) but this truck doesn't do it the only way I can get some is if I FLOOR it from a dead stop and that is it any other way is just clear, the smoke isn't my biggest concern its the perfromance of the chip, but no smoke no power.....I know my tranny is still stock, but could it be something else like the IP or something? I have checked the wire harness 7 times now so i know its not that
Old 06-21-2008, 09:15 PM

i finally tried the comp tune today<<just for you qzilla>> and even though i have huge injectors and im way used to crazy smoke its still insane how much fuel it puts out i can stop traffic on the freeway and i dont think i've ever been flipped off so much ha ha so if your not getting an insane amount of fuel i would say its messed up for sure its gotta be that pump wire.... if its not that its probably gonna be something worse......good luck...
Old 06-21-2008, 09:58 PM

Comp smokes like a freight train for me as well from a dead stop, but a roll is hazy at best. Could be a VP on it's last legs (i know mine is gonna go soon), so who knows.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:15 PM

The more I read The more I think my IP has something to do with it.....I know The pump wire is tapped right for sure! Is there any other way to tell if the IP is going out?
Old 06-23-2008, 12:27 PM

I think I'm just going to sell it and try something else.......
Old 06-24-2008, 08:44 PM

ill sell ya my edge comp box with the drag download but it wont compare to the adrenaline!!!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Ramtuff06
I think I'm just going to sell it and try something else.......
You are more than welcome to do that but, if it is a weak VP or something like that then there is not much hope for you until you change it.

There are plenty of VPs that are functional and work but will flat out not supply more than X amount of fuel. I suspect that you are probably getting roughly PL03 power and what you are feeling is between levels is changes in timing and the lower ends of the MAP being changed. You will feel it but, you are not actually getting any more power because the pump will not give you any more fuel.

Just speculation.

Also we are more than happy to check it out for you or replace it if needed but, it sounds like it is working?

Quick Reply: adrenaline problem.....!