Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Adrenaline Owners with Surge/Buck

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jrraw23 Pl1 is timing only Pl2 is timing/ fueling can bus only. Pl3-10 are timing/ fueling through wire tap.
Did they tap the IP?
Old 09-09-2008, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scottsjeeprolet
jrraw23 Pl1 is timing only Pl2 is timing/ fueling can bus only. Pl3-10 are timing/ fueling through wire tap.
Did they tap the IP?
IDK, i shoulda installed it myself, I was just being lazy and paid the $100 for them to do it, guess I'm gonna have to go back throu it and make sure everything is hooked up right

btw: which level is supposed to be the max mileage setting? (Another bit of info the instruction manual should have IMO)
Old 09-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Banned

i`m running the adr2025 no bucking or surging at all on 5
Old 09-09-2008, 10:27 PM

i guess i get what would be surging. it is when the engine at higher rpms in 3rd gear or higher and i am jus barely on the accelerator pedal. seems like the fueling is on then off then on and so on until i let out or give it more pedal. does it most on the interstate on pl06 and higher. and i run the 3000 tune also. i can turn down to pl05 and seems to go away
Old 09-09-2008, 11:24 PM
Banned

Im get bad bad surge on Level 1 or above. Higher the level the worse the Surge. The stronger the Tune the worse the surge. Seems to surge the most between 12-18 TPS %. My truck is a 6spd Manual with stock injectors. Also seems to surge more with a load on the engine. I can have my truck start to surge on level 1 while its surges turn to level 0 and surge stops turn back to level 1 surge starts. When mine starts to surge I can give it more throttle and the surge stops. Ive tried ALL tunes on your website and even 3 that arent and they ALL surge.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:22 PM
GFB

I guess mine could be best described as a fast surge. It's very jerky and only under light/mid throttle and can get violent if I don't let off the pedal. WOT is fine. It does it slightly on PL 1 and a little worse as the levels go up. It's very noticeable 1100-1600rpm and not as bad above that.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:58 PM

My truck runs fine on every tune if I stay with PL01 or PL02. The higher the power level after that the worse the bucking. Same for the tunes the more aggressive the more I feel it. My truck only bucks when at 2000rpms or higher. The higher the rpms the worse the bucking is. Now this is all under a light load or a light foot. I can accelerate med. to hard and never have a glitch it is only when I hold that high rpm with no load or start to let off the throttle. When off the throttle no bucking what so ever just when under a light foot. EXAMPLE: I can tow with ease use all the available power and hold 26-2700rpms all day no bucking but, as soon as I get light on the foot it cuts in and out so fast. Can't really describe it but the truck shakes power cuts in and out sounds horrible. For now I just know that if I want to use the higher power levels I either have to keep the truck so that it feels a load from accelerating or just get out of the throttle. I would just like to say thanks to Quad and his team for there outstanding customer service and there dedication to make this the ultimate box. No shortcuts and every body gets there questions answered. I already love this box and then for it to be refined to perfection is great. I recommend this box to everyone. The say there are still glitches and I tell them yes there maybe but they haven't walked away from the product they continue to make things better. So thanks Quad.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:53 PM

Update after driving it around alot today day 2 since i had it installed:

Info on the truck: 98 24v 3500 5 speed with intake, 4" exhaust, FASS

I noticed that power level 1 and 2 are perfectly fine driving around in my truck no bucking at all - flip to 3 and its like I turned a switch on for the bucking

but to be honest I'm either driving in level 2 or 10 - I drive around normally on 2 and put it on 10 when i want some umph, but I mean at that point I'mm all in the throttle all the time so I don't really experience any bucking issues cause im either matted to the floor or not when I use 10, but if i make myself do part throttle on level 10, then yea it bucks

I will say thou it does not feel even near the advertised 190hp and 420ft lb gains at all on level 10, maybe half that, I'm hoping I just need to download an update or something (still not sure what the deal with all the random updates are need to read more posts which is getting annoying there are a ton of posts here about this tuner and i just keep reading different things about your updates ) but my main concern is on 10 it just feels weird and very under the advertised power ratings.

When I drive in 10 It has no low end power whatsoever, then all of a sudden it will get fairly decent power then immediately top out almost as soon as it starts to feel like its getting into decent tire burning type power. It almost feels like there a defueling setting or something similar that kicks in almost as soon as it starts to make decent power on level 10 under hard throttle - but I looked and all the defeulings are turned off in my monitor.

It also hardly smokes, and I was kinda hopin for alot of smoke, but thats not a big concern just a nice addition if possible

Qzilla - let us know specifically what your looking for while we're driving, it seems like everyone is just repeating the same thing over and over again in all the different threads I've been reading - bucking at part throttle
Old 09-10-2008, 08:28 PM

All this info has to be overwhelming. Thanks to Quad for caring and for an awsome product. I don't have any surging or bucking but something slightly different. I have not tapped the pump on my truck. I run the truck on level two with a 2000 tune. I noticed pulling my 20 foot RV trailer that under a lot of power pulling a hill I am getting some extremely fast bucking almost shudder. I have not been able to tell if it is the trans or if it is the Adrenaline (fueling). Toward the end of the trip I turned the adrenlaine off and I didn't feel it anymore, however I was not pulling really big hills anymore either. Has this issue been reproted by anyone else?
Old 09-12-2008, 04:22 PM
JIT

Originally Posted by qzilla
Looks like 4 out of 5 have 1 thing in common. Auto trannies. Not that there is anything wrong with the transmissions themselves but, possibly we are doing something that does not mesh well with an auto?

All of that sounds like surging to me of some sort. Bucking will not be cleared up by adding throttle, at least not the sort of bucking I am thinking.
Mine is definetly not a surge. It bucks hard like a rapid on/off/on/off the throttle. Almost like the throttle is extremely touchy. And it only does it if I am cruising at a constant speed. On hard or off the throttle there is no bucking!
Old 09-12-2008, 05:58 PM

Mine clears up by adding throttle also unless the trailer is in tow....more throttle makes the bucking worse.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:19 PM

Quad the 1000b works well on my truck only complaint is the laziness of how it gets into fueling. If I could have the smoothness of the 1000b with a 3000 or Comp agression that would be the shizzle.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:14 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can pretty much make my truck surge anytime i want. It always happens at 16-19% TPS.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:01 AM

What is everyones TPS at idle? Mine is about 8-10%
Old 09-13-2008, 02:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by scottsjeeprolet
I can pretty much make my truck surge anytime i want. It always happens at 16-19% TPS.
Sounds like mine Scott

Quick Reply: Adrenaline Owners with Surge/Buck