Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Adrenaline for Dummies

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone notice how much the ADR draws with the key off? It will kill my batteries in 3 days. Called them they said download a different tune, had the 3000, downloaded the 1000 and it seems to draw less but still has a substantial draw. When I touch the red wire to the + post it sparks and the box clicks.Has anyone else had this and is it normal?
Old 06-09-2008, 10:55 PM

Hmmm, cant really say ive noticed any, my truck sat all last week with the 3000 tune and didnt even hesitate when i hit the key last night to got to work. Bad battery, maybe maybe something more significant is creating a draw. Is your ADR tapped in on the #9 fuse??
Old 06-09-2008, 11:15 PM
Banned

Mine clicks everytime i unplug it to change programs, mine also sat for 3 weeks with no battery issues, no button issues at all either, box just kicks it !!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by EBunger
Anyone notice how much the ADR draws with the key off? It will kill my batteries in 3 days. Called them they said download a different tune, had the 3000, downloaded the 1000 and it seems to draw less but still has a substantial draw. When I touch the red wire to the + post it sparks and the box clicks.Has anyone else had this and is it normal?
Should not happen. I cannot imagine that the sparking is very good either??

It does watch for ignition sense but, it draws an almost unmeasurable amount of current when you turn the key off and the TT is not active.

I will ask again, are you on the #9 fuse?
Old 06-11-2008, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Should not happen. I cannot imagine that the sparking is very good either??

It does watch for ignition sense but, it draws an almost unmeasurable amount of current when you turn the key off and the TT is not active.

I will ask again, are you on the #9 fuse?
I have went through the install twice and yes it is hooked up correctly. It has a draw from something I havent got my finger on it but so far everything points to the Adrenaline. Unhook both batteries run volt meter in series neg cable to neg post touch solid red wire to positve post 7.6V untouch 3.2V thats all I have to go by that and the spark it makes on contact. I am gonna get a new 10A fuse for my Fluke and measure again via amps and see what I get.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FYI - Quad and anyone interested!.
I get same results with new ADR1000a & ADR2000a I got with last updates.....
I get LESS surging with the 2000a tune than with the 1000a tune. I can daily drive 2000a on PL03, 04,and even 05 with almost no surge.
When it does start to surge.... it's easier w/ the 2000a to drive through it.

I know very CTD set up in different, but the 2000a works better on mine!

RJ
Old 06-11-2008, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by RowJ
FYI - Quad and anyone interested!.
I get same results with new ADR1000a & ADR2000a I got with last updates.....
I get LESS surging with the 2000a tune than with the 1000a tune. I can daily drive 2000a on PL03, 04,and even 05 with almost no surge.
When it does start to surge.... it's easier w/ the 2000a to drive through it.

I know very CTD set up in different, but the 2000a works better on mine!

RJ
i agree with you but i almost think the 1000 tunes are more powerful then the 2000 tunes. egts are more controllable with the 2000 tunes too.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Chapter President

Well i had to go back to the 1000 tune, i had too much surging with the 1000a tune. Even put new shocks on thinking the bumping, jerking was my suspension.
So far no more surging with the 1000 tune.
Anyone else having the same issues with their Pulse buttons? I'm getting so frustrated with it. I've about had it!
Don't get me wrong the Adrenaline & Pulse are great products but the .02c buttons gotta go.
Here is a video of me trying to use the buttons, actually they worked better for the video than usual. My thumb hurts from trying to push the buttons.

Is Quad working on a dash mount for it?
Old 07-07-2008, 12:25 PM

I too am having button issues. Any solutions yet?
Old 07-07-2008, 12:30 PM

Call Quadzilla Perf. Tech., Inc. They will send replacements. it's an easy install.
http://www.quadzillapower.com/

RJ
Old 07-07-2008, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by RowJ
Call Quadzilla Perf. Tech., Inc. They will send replacements. it's an easy install.
http://www.quadzillapower.com/

RJ
Since Scott is not on right now and I am, I will respond for him....

He has done this twice and still having the same problem with the buttons.

I am sure he will respond later tonight....
Old 07-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Chapter President

Well i did what Justin told me and scuffed the contact points on the pulse and the buttons work great.
Now for my question. Why isn't the IAT working on my pulse? I have the latest updates on the Pulse and running the 1000a tune.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by scottsjeeprolet
Well i did what Justin told me and scuffed the contact points on the pulse and the buttons work great.
Now for my question. Why isn't the IAT working on my pulse? I have the latest updates on the Pulse and running the 1000a tune.
What did you use to "scuff" the contact points??
I'm wunderin if adding a little dielectric grease to the contacts would help?? I'm not sure if it would help or harm??
Old 07-27-2008, 05:31 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by hink
What did you use to "scuff" the contact points??
I'm wunderin if adding a little dielectric grease to the contacts would help?? I'm not sure if it would help or harm??
I used some scotch bright and hit the contacts on the circuit board with it. Now the buttons work great! I wouldn't use the dielectric grease on it though.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:13 PM
Chapter President

So i'll bring this thread back from the dead. I know i've had some issues with the surging in my truck, and maybe even bashed the AD. But i'm willing to give some more time to try to figure out the surging fix.
Today Quad released the update for the Pulse with the custom tuning.
So now that i updated my Pulse what do i do now? I looked at the custom tuning in the Pulse and got nervous to change anything. There are 3 different settings in it. Factory, tune 1 & tune 2. So what are they?
Are there any instructions for using these new features?

Quick Reply: Adrenaline for Dummies