Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Adrenaline for Dummies

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe 2 is timing only and level 3 and up are all pump stretch and timing
Old 05-15-2008, 04:59 PM

From post #3 in this thread
PL0 is off, but still does boost fooling.
The fuel saver level is PL1.
PL2 is timing and fuel ( fueling only through the CAN-BUS)
PL3 and higher adds timing and adds fueling via the wire tap.
There is no specific setting or HP increase for the different PL's that I'm aware of. All I know is when you push the UP button, the truck goes faster.
I did a little editing to hopefully explain it better.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So does unplugging the MAP do anything like the Comp?
I think i slipped my TC tonight on PL10?
Are all the Pulse buttons as crappy as mine? You gotta push really hard to change anything. I think my enter button is gonna quit on me.(gotta push really hard and it's only > 1 week old) Could have made easier to push buttons.

So far it's OK. I think i liked my Smarty/Comp stack better.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:55 PM

So does unplugging the MAP do anything like the Comp?
If you unplug the MAP sensor, then the Adrenaline will not function properly since it reads boost for fueling.
Are all the Pulse buttons as crappy as mine? You gotta push really hard to change anything. I think my enter button is gonna quit on me.(gotta push really hard and it's only > 1 week old) Could have made easier to push buttons.
Mine was the same way. I just sent mine in for the update for the beta testers and they said they would put new buttons in it while it was there. You might just give them a call and see if there's anything they can do. Somebody mentioned taking off the back cover and removing the buttons to clean them, but I don't know it that helps or not.
So far it's OK. I think i liked my Smarty/Comp stack better.
Have you tried some different tunes yet??
Old 05-21-2008, 11:19 AM
Chapter President

Well tried the 2000 tunes and WOW, gotta get a built tranny now. Slipped my TC, not happy about that.
Is anyone else having issues with their Pulse buttons? My enter button almost doesn't work at all.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by hink
PL0 is off, but still does boost fooling.
The fuel saver level is PL1.
PL2 is timing and fuel (only through the CAN-BUS)
PL3 and higher add fueling via the wire tap.
To expand on above..... PL01 is timing only! I guess that equates to Fuel Saver. I get best mileage on PL02... but have not tried PL01..... it may be better.

PL03-PL10 progressively add more fuel by stretching the injection event. Different truck (different yrs and different injectors) like some settings more than others. Play with it till you find what works best on your CTD, with your set up and your type driving.
If you have the Pulse, all you need is to download either the ADR1000 (production Tune) or the ADR 2000 (Agressive Tune) and set it up the way you want it ...with the Pulse.
Hot Lock IS for custom tuning and personalizing your own power curve! Not activated yet and not recommended for most, IMO.

PL01 is still timing only...even on Agressive tune. No different than PL01 on Production tune.

Pulse can be updated with key off...still plugged in. Adrenaline should probably be unplugged, but I'm not sure?

Originally Posted by SCOTTJEEPROLET
Is anyone else having issues with their Pulse buttons? My enter button almost doesn't work at all.
They are carbon tipped contact buttons and can get out of alignment if not pushed straight in.
Call Quadzilla Performance Technology and ask for 2-3 replacements. They do wear out or malfunction.... nice to have a spare or two. The co is aware of the problem and I know Quad has researched different buttons and it is just not doable on that unit. Most work very well for a long time.I had two go bad before I got a bit more gentle and accurate with my oversized fingers.

To replace, just unscrew the cover and R&R. Very easy.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:28 PM

So the way I understand it is all the adrenaline units are programmed with the 1000 program.

Do you update the adrenaline through the pulse USB port or is there a seperate USB port on the adrenaline unit itself?
Old 05-21-2008, 04:31 PM

Adrenaline has USB port.... as does Pulse.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:46 PM

10-4 Thanks, can't wait to get mine in.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:03 PM

ok i just got my adrenaline today and i have got 3 questions

1. the short red wire which goes to the underhood fuse box- it says it has a foot to connect to the fuse and mine had a eye-let on the end. anyone else have this.

2.what does the other wire go to that is right next to the wire that taps the injection pump. it is also an eye-let

3. where and how did you guys mount yours so you could remove it to update it and what not. i know there is 2x sided tape but that seems like it would be a pain in the rear to re-do the tape everytime you wanna mess with it.

also anyone have any install tips!!

Thanks
Josh
Old 05-21-2008, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jturs

1. the short red wire which goes to the underhood fuse box- it says it has a foot to connect to the fuse and mine had a eye-let on the end. anyone else have this.

2.what does the other wire go to that is right next to the wire that taps the injection pump. it is also an eye-let

3. where and how did you guys mount yours so you could remove it to update it and what not. i know there is 2x sided tape but that seems like it would be a pain in the rear to re-do the tape everytime you wanna mess with it.

Thanks
Josh
1)Short red wire goes to the battery, not the fuse box. I thougth maybe they had changed the instructions, I guess not.
2)Is it a long brown wire?? That goes to the tranny temp sending unit (if that's the one I'm thinking of)
3)Are you sure it's 2 sided tape and not velcro?? Mine came with velcro and I have the Adrenaline sitting on the lid of the underhood fuse box.

Short Red Wire = Connect to + side of battery

Long Red Wire = Fuse #9 in the cab

Black Wire with Ring = Negative Battery Terminal

Dark Green Wire = Pump Wire

Yellow Wire = Fuel Pressure Sensor

Brown Wire = Transmission/Oil Temp sensor

Orange and Black with 2 Pin Connector = Thermocouple
Old 05-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Chapter President

There were orange papers in my box telling me to put the red wire directly to the + side of the battery.
The Yellow wire which i thought was the ground for the wire tap is for the FP sending unit that you didn't or anyone get. They don't have one that works.
Just use Velcro and put it on the fuse box.

Thanks
Josh
Old 05-21-2008, 10:05 PM

I also just installed one yesterday but didnt pay attention to the orange papers and cut the eye-let off and put a foot on it to hook it up to the under hood fuse box.Is this ok or should i redo it?
Old 05-21-2008, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by sal3c
I also just installed one yesterday but didnt pay attention to the orange papers and cut the eye-let off and put a foot on it to hook it up to the under hood fuse box.Is this ok or should i redo it?
I would go ahead and hook it to the battery. I don't remeber what it was, but a few guys had some issues with it "tapped" into the fuse box.
IMO, hooking it to the battery will make a better connection anyway.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by scottsjeeprolet

There were orange papers in my box telling me to put the red wire directly to the + side of the battery.
The Yellow wire which i thought was the ground for the wire tap is for the FP sending unit that you didn't or anyone get. They don't have one that works.
Just use Velcro and put it on the fuse box.

Thanks
Josh
cool that answered all my questions. did you guys just mount it to the top of the fuse box?

Quick Reply: Adrenaline for Dummies