Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Adrenaline for Dummies

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Adrenaline for Dummies

Well got my AD w/Pulse hooked up tonight and as soon as i started the truck i set a cell. I'll have to get one of my chapter bro's to check it tomorrow with their Smarty.
So now what are the different levels? I know there is a fuel saver PL level but which one? There is nothing in the destructions about what power level is what.
Does the Pulse read codes? I didn't have too much time to play with it, I'll try tomorrow. The high idle is really cool too.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the CEL will go away after a few key start cycles. start and shut off your truck 3-6 times it'll go away. the module stone walls the ECM and the ECM throws a fit for a little bit.

.......I myself am still trying to sort out the Pules controls my self right now. I want to get into tuning timing and fueling specific for my truck. with my giant injectors. I want to fine tune........or tinker at least. I have to tinker..........I can't leave anything alone
Old 05-10-2008, 12:06 AM

It shouldn't turn on the CEL. I've found that most of the time when I'm messin with things, it's the MAP sensor connection. I just pull it apart and spray some carb cleaner or elec. parts cleaner in it and plug it back in, usually works for me.
Make sure that no wires were pulled from the plugs when you were hookin things up.
Check the Data Link conn. also.

PL0 is off, but still does boost fooling.
The fuel saver level is PL1.
PL2 is timing and fuel (only through the CAN-BUS)
PL3 and higher add fueling via the wire tap.
There is no specific setting or HP increase for the different PL's that I'm aware of. All I know is when you push the UP button, the truck goes faster .

No, the Pulse does not read codes.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:12 AM

I do recall quad or some one saying that it does or MAY throw a code on initial hookup.......

Mine did. and everytime I unplug the module main harness then plug it back in. it sets a CEL which goes away after a few key cycles. I scanned it once and it showed a MAP over voltage code or something like that.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:20 AM

.......actually tonight browsing through the Pulse I found a "hot unlock code" header in the hardware setup section .........it doesn't do anything. But I thought it was funny that it was there at all
Old 05-10-2008, 12:20 AM

I do recall quad or some one saying that it does or MAY throw a code on initial hookup.......
I've never heard that statement, but that doesn't mean it's not true. I have never thrown a CEL on my truck with the Adrenaline.
Do you have the power wire (short red) hooked to the battery?? or to the underhood fuse box??
Old 05-10-2008, 12:21 AM

fused direct to the battery
Old 05-10-2008, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by 1-5-3-6-2-4
.......actually tonight browsing through the Pulse I found a "hot unlock code" header in the hardware setup section .........it doesn't do anything. But I thought it was funny that it was there at all
I believe that is to unlock the custom tuning once it is available.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:26 AM

so then .........in the pulse controls where it says timing........fueling......etc messing with those don't actually do anything? I can't see that......I can change them on mine........but I'm not sure what they do so I'm laying off them until I understand exactly. I've broken so much stuff lately I'm getting paranoid.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:33 AM

so then .........in the pulse controls where it says timing........fueling......etc messing with those don't actually do anything? I can't see that......I can change them on mine........but I'm not sure what they do so I'm laying off them until I understand exactly. I've broken so much stuff lately I'm getting paranoid.
AFIK, it should not do anything. You can change the settings, but it does nothing. We haven't even beta tested the custom tuning yet. We should be getting ready to as soon as we get our Pulse monitors updated.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:36 AM

fused direct to the battery
Ok, that's good. I think the directions used to say to hook it to the underhood fuse box.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:36 AM

I am a beta tester this is a beta pulse and adrenaline.........did I get walked over for this pulse update.........looks like it. I better call Justin on Mon and see.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:36 AM

I am a beta tester this is a beta pulse and adrenaline.........did I get walked over for this pulse update.........looks like it. I better call Justin on Mon and see.
I don't know why you think you're getting "walked over". They started callin people last week about sendin in their Pulse. All of the beta Pulse monitors have to be sent in for an update to be able to use the custom tuning. You're not missing anything unless you haven't received ur phone call yet. Just give Justin a call, I'm sure he'll be happy to answer any ?'s you may have.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:04 AM

No..no phone call or anything. This is actually the first I've heard of it.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:32 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the reply's guys.
Could we keep the Beta testing talk out of this thread please.
This is for us customers who just got our production units, not Beta units.

Everything is hooked up as instructed, with the revised instructions. As i was unhooking my Comp i was plugging in my AD.

Quick Reply: Adrenaline for Dummies