Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

adrenaline custom tuning

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
adrenaline custom tuning

just wondering what you guys have tried and what is working and what isnt, i changed the boost scale down to 25 and the throttle response seemed alot better, havent driven too much but just wondering i will try some differant things later and post the results. by the way the new tunes kick a$$ no surging smooth as a babys butt.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try fuel stretch 2200, timing 10*....unreal at low/mid range. The lower numbers for fuel stretch will rev out further, higher numbers are more bottom end.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by J Lent
Try fuel stretch 2200, timing 10*....unreal at low/mid range. The lower numbers for fuel stretch will rev out further, higher numbers are more bottom end.
I thought fuel stretch maxed at 1800?? So is that value for rpm it maxes at? I emailed Quad a ton of questions and didnt get zip back as to what is baseline and soforth.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:02 PM

i thought that this would be a good place to post things that have been tried, that way we would all know how things work and so forth, i realized that the fuel stretch would make it rev further, i will try some more things tonight and let you know.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by EBunger
I thought fuel stretch maxed at 1800?? So is that value for rpm it maxes at? I emailed Quad a ton of questions and didnt get zip back as to what is baseline and soforth.
No, Quad did say that he had a drop in hp on the dyno with anything higher than 1800, but my truck feels strongest on 2200.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:31 PM

went for some driving time tonight, first i have to say wow. i set the fuel pump stretch to 2200 and the timing to 10 and the boost scale to 25 and left the rest the same as the comp tune on the interstae i raced a buddy of mines duramax that turns 4600 rpm and smoked him bad, we started from a 35 mph roll and he was behind the whole time i ran untill the speedo was burried past 120 and stil climbing. then we went and ran from a dead stop and i smoked him again by about two trucks on 1/4 mile stretch, then we ran again and he jumped me a bit and i missed third i lost by about a half of a truck length. i came home and checked the datalogger max boost 43psi max egt 1791 (i know i need a charger) max speed 119 mph max rpm 3625 i have to say that i am more than impressed with this box i am actually stunned. i still have a slight bit of surging but it is just on the high levels but i dont care it runs to **** good.
ps quad thank you very much for the hard work and determination you put into this unit i am a very happy customer
Old 10-25-2008, 12:25 AM

Quad wrote this in an earlier post when the custom tune beta started.....

Ok, I am going to give a rundown about how each tuning parameter works. I am going to do my best to explain this in plain english.

To start with, the test file I sent you is pretty mild but, can be made into the COMP file really easily. For the most part the actual fuel maps are the same across the board. Yes, there are a few different ones out there and when we actually go live with custom tuning we will also have more downloads that offer nothing more than map changes.

Pump Stretch.

This will make the biggest difference in overall power and smoke. This is the amount of time the injector is actually opened and spraying fuel into the cylinder. I have this set pretty low on the 1000 tune that I sent you. The COMP file is set to 1800. More than 1800 creates more torque and a lot more smoke but, actually makes less power on the upper end based on all the trucks I have had on the dyno. This is where the COMP file is set to. Feel free to run it to 2400 anytime you want lots of low end power and smoke but, realize you are giving power up on the top.

This does not mean you will get this amount of fuel all the time. There is a map, in percentages based off of this number as the maximum. Beyond that the map is also scaled by the TPS. So even if the map commands 100% but, you are at 50% throttle you will be getting 50% of the max stretch. If the map calls for 25% and you are at 50% TPS you will be getting 12.5% of the max stretch.

TPS MIN. For both CAN and Pump fueling.

This allows you to make the throttle lighter or more responsive. Basically it gives you a fudge factor that allows you to get a minimum amount of the max fuel stretch all the time. If you set this to 10% you will never get less than 10% of the fuel map. So if the map calls for 100% (1800) but, you are at 5% throttle you would normally get 5% of the map. If you set this parameter to 10% you will get 10% even though the mapping algorithm calls for 5%.

You have to be somewhat careful with this or you will be fueling way too much at light throttle. This is set to 0% on the tune I sent out.

TPS MAX. Both CAN and Pump Stretch.

This allows you to determine what throttle position you will see max fueling at. It also re-scales the entire map based on what you select. This is set to 100% on tunes I sent out. This means that you will not get 100% of the map unless you are at 100% TPS. If you set this at 80% TPS that means you will get 100% of the fueling at 80% TPS. It also means that 80%=100% and the map is scaled between 0% and 80% but, on a 0-100 scale. In other words the map moves in increments of .8% instead of 1%.

This can be really useful for those that drive light but, want power on tap earlier in the pedal but, not necessarily right off idle.

Timing MAX

Sort of goes without saying. 0 means we do not add any timing. 10deg means if the map calls for 100% you will get 10deg added over stock.

I never go over 7.5%. In my opinion that is more than plenty. If you are going for only mileage and are going to be easy you can use 10 deg and it should be great for mileage. The problem is that under much boost it could easily cause headgasket damage.

Boost Scaling.

This function is more of a smoothing function of the map. There are 20 positions that this function controls. Think of it at columns. Until boost equals a certain amount, then it is in a certain column. It takes more or less boost to move to different columns.

So if you set this to 20, then each column is changed by 1psi. If you scale it to 40psi then every 2psi it changes.

While this can make things more or less responsive or smooth it out slightly it does not make huge differences because not necessarily every column is more or less aggressive than the next. There have been maps in the past and there will be maps in the future where they will be more boost reliant. For now we do not rely on boost that much other than as this scaling function.

Hope that helps. If you have questions please let me know.

To turn your custom tune I sent you via email into a COMP tune follow these guidelines:

Timing = 7
Fuel Stretch = 1800
TPS MIN = 0 (both can and pump_
TPS MAX CAN = 100
TPS MAX Pump = 70
Boost Scaling = 25

Wholaa, COMP tune

Trending Topics

Old 10-25-2008, 12:37 AM

Talking

All the above being said, I installed the 2000 series tune and saved the paramaters as Tune 1... Then , I installed the Comp tune and saved it as Tune 2....Then I installed the 1000 series tune.
I can now select between the tunes with a few button clicks and no flashing required . When you select the factory defaults you get the 1000 tune. Seems to work great.

I have no surge with the 1000 and 2000 tunes running unloaded. When towing up a hill with 50% throttle at highway speeds, I still get a light surge on PL3. No big deal as I normally tow on PL1 as it is strong enough.

These new tunes are MUCH better for smoke control when driving in town. Now I can keep the PL number high and play at will.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:33 AM

thanks for the info racerron, i was actually trying to remember were it was i read that but i couldnt remember. puts everything into perspective a little bit better.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tingram
went for some driving time tonight, first i have to say wow. i set the fuel pump stretch to 2200 and the timing to 10 and the boost scale to 25 and left the rest the same as the comp tune on the interstae i raced a buddy of mines duramax that turns 4600 rpm and smoked him bad, we started from a 35 mph roll and he was behind the whole time i ran untill the speedo was burried past 120 and stil climbing. then we went and ran from a dead stop and i smoked him again by about two trucks on 1/4 mile stretch, then we ran again and he jumped me a bit and i missed third i lost by about a half of a truck length. i came home and checked the datalogger max boost 43psi max egt 1791 (i know i need a charger) max speed 119 mph max rpm 3625 i have to say that i am more than impressed with this box i am actually stunned. i still have a slight bit of surging but it is just on the high levels but i dont care it runs to **** good.
ps quad thank you very much for the hard work and determination you put into this unit i am a very happy customer
Yeah, that tune is sick! I am loving the lowend power for DD. I have that tune stacked with Smarty sw 4 with all settings on default. The truck is a lowend beast!!!!!
Old 10-25-2008, 07:43 AM
Banned

I forgot to mention, if you get light surging, set the pump min & can min to 30. All surging disappears in my truck. I've got this custom tuning down to a science. LOL
Old 10-26-2008, 04:33 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by J Lent
I forgot to mention, if you get light surging, set the pump min & can min to 30. All surging disappears in my truck. I've got this custom tuning down to a science. LOL
You can actually set them at 25%. That's what i did as suggested by Quad and no surge.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:04 PM

Im still confused on this whole custom tuning thing. Dont know what max setting i can do and min for my setup.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bootsdodgejn
Im still confused on this whole custom tuning thing. Dont know what max setting i can do and min for my setup.
You can run any combo which works on your truck. I've tried them all along with stacking smarty. Quad has the safe limits tuned in.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:32 PM

Well when i have the time. I will hace to try then

Quick Reply: adrenaline custom tuning