Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Adrenaline Comp Beta Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 10:12 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dodgediesel
Based on what Quad said in post # 42, I assumed the revised tune was the only one available? I just downloaded the tune from post #1. Must be revised based on previous reports; JDouble, Wurkingman, etc.
Don't know/couldn't find anything on the two different comp tunes Quad mentioned in post #46 ... so went with only one I could find.

I didn't see no revised date that was different from the release date on the Comp file so I think it hasn't been refined yet. Quad posted that he was working on 2 Comp tunes, 1 for auto's and 1 for manuals. Oh and RowJ, IMO, Smarty#55 is pretty close to Smarty #40..
What is Smarty? Oh, I remember that little guy. He is in that little protective case sitting under that pile of cloths keeping warm awaiting his time to shine....when I get a code.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
...I didn't see no revised date that was different from the release date on the Comp file so I think it hasn't been refined yet.
Quote from Quad - "I backed it off some and we are testing it right now." Past tense!
I'm sure he could modify it w/o having to change the date.
Granted, it's confusing but this tune has to be 'softer' than original, just base on before & after reports. Don't know for sure but...?

Originally Posted by DoubleJ
RJ...I had to take it down to PL00 before shutting it down or else it would stay on.
Thanks Joe....I'll try that!

RJ
Old 02-21-2008, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by J Lent
What is Smarty? Oh, I remember that little guy. He is in that little protective case sitting under that pile of cloths keeping warm awaiting his time to shine....when I get a code.
Yep only reason I still have mine! Oh and tire calculation!
Old 02-21-2008, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by RowJ
Quote from Quad - "I backed it off some and we are testing it right now." Past tense!
I'm sure he could modify it w/o having to change the date? Granted, it's confusing but this tune has to be 'softer' than original, just base on before & after reports. Don't know for sure but...?

RJ
I'll give her a try this weekend. I shouldn't be such a smart*** when it comes to the Smarty because I'll have one soon for my 2007 CR and might need some customer support some day!!
Old 02-21-2008, 10:44 AM

The new ones are not up yet. We are tweaking them as we speak. I will make a post as soon as we get them up.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:55 AM

The more I play with the comp tune the more I like it! There is really no problem with surging, just some pretty good shutter on pl 8 9 & 10 when you let off.

ANYBODY WANT A COMP DRAG BOX?? NEWLY UPDATED!!
Old 02-21-2008, 10:57 AM

I love this new tune. Its making me not wanna send my Box in to get updated. It fuels hard and will roll the coal more than the Smarty ever thought of doing. I know my stock turbo hates this tune though
Old 02-21-2008, 11:29 AM

Does anyone with a 02 wiring harness have a ring terminal on the short red wire instead of the fuse tap that's shown in the installation guide? Right when I was going to install the short red wire in the fuse box next to the engine, I noticed that my harness had a ring style terminal instead of the fuse tap shown in the pictures.

Thanks
Old 02-21-2008, 11:57 AM

Directions should be modified. Run it to the + battery terminal!
For that kind of info...best to look at this thread... when you have time and lots of coffee .....
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=175006
See post #1049 for answer to your question...and welcome to DTR!

RJ
Old 02-21-2008, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by DoubleJ
RJ...I had to take it down to PL00 before shutting it down or else it would stay on.
Joe, just tried it on PL00. Would not shut down??

RJ
Old 02-21-2008, 12:59 PM

Joe, just tried it on PL00. Would not shut down??

RJ

Just reaching here but, did you have the brake pedal depressed while shutting down? Maybe I just got lucky that one time....weird??

I pulled that program off once I got it shut down, and since my truck ran so rough I haven't had the file on since.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:01 PM

Directions should be modified. Run it to the + battery terminal!
For that kind of info...best to look at this thread... when you have time and lots of coffee .....
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=175006
See post #1049 for answer to your question...and welcome to DTR!

RJ
For easy reference...
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...postcount=1049

You can thank my prior confusion for your answer Another helpful hint is make absolutely certain #9 mini tap is done properly as well.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by xtoyz17
For easy reference...
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...postcount=1049

You can thank my prior confusion for your answer Another helpful hint is make absolutely certain #9 mini tap is done properly as well.
Thanks, I sent quad a email last night and got a reply around the same time you posted. I figured it could go on the battery and I wll have to look into the #9 mini tap because it started acting weird. When I would start the motor, it would jump to 1500 rpm and back to idle, then shut off

Thanks again for the help!
Old 02-21-2008, 04:25 PM
Banned

I noticed something wierd today, I turned the Adrenaline on PL05 this morning & drove to the store. I shut the truck off, got my stuff, come back out & headed home. It was still on PL05, but the power just wasn't the same as the way there, went to PL00 & back up, there is the power again. What could this be?
Old 02-21-2008, 04:41 PM

I turned the Adrenaline on PL05 this morning & drove to the store.
Whats the matter, gun shy of running 10 after your tranny took a dump??
lol

Quick Reply: Adrenaline Comp Beta Tunes