Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Adrenaline Comp Beta Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It hits fast and it hits hard enough to finally finish off my transmission. Truck goes in the shop next friday.
So its basically like smarty on #9?
Old 02-20-2008, 06:19 PM
Chapter President

I dont know anything about a Smarty, but this thing hits at very slight throttle and doesnt stop pulling until you let off or blow something up.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:23 PM

Question for you guys running it, can it be toned down based on PL level, or is level 1 the same as level 10?
Old 02-20-2008, 06:27 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xtoyz17
Question for you guys running it, can it be toned down based on PL level, or is level 1 the same as level 10?
Each level gets more aggressive, level one is mild & each one from there up gets better & better.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:31 PM

Yep wish level 3 and 4 were more like a lighter production tune... Dont know why we cant get a really nice ramp of cruise/tow to kill in the same program! That would be a beautiful tune!
Old 02-20-2008, 06:33 PM
Banned

I got my tranny installed this morning & drove around all day for breakin...ooops, I meant break-in. While installing my tranny, I noticed that I had a fuel leak on my outlet line on the pump. I fixed the leak & something wierd happened today...NO SURGING! with any PL running the comp tune. Could it be cold weather changing the manners of the box or what? All I know is that this tune is stronger than my Drag comp on PL05 & gets crazy from there on up. If it keeps running like it has today, WOOHOO! I'm a happy man.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:39 PM

Yeah I am trying to keep mine below 6 untill I get a new tc, levers, and a vb. But on 6 my turbo has never been so loud or have that quick of spool.

The gauge never used to get above 25psi now on the highway in OD locked out at 65 it goes from 10psi to 35psi in a blink wow. And that is the tune that the box came with never downloaded anything yet. The box is so sweet.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:50 PM

I dont know anything about a Smarty, but this thing hits at very slight throttle and doesnt stop pulling until you let off or blow something up.
So it doesn't have "spots" of power? With the smarty, you press the pedal, and it has spots that just pull.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by J Lent
I got my tranny installed this morning & drove around all day for breakin...ooops, I meant break-in. While installing my tranny, I noticed that I had a fuel leak on my outlet line on the pump. I fixed the leak & something wierd happened today...NO SURGING! with any PL running the comp tune. Could it be cold weather changing the manners of the box or what? All I know is that this tune is stronger than my Drag comp on PL05 & gets crazy from there on up. If it keeps running like it has today, WOOHOO! I'm a happy man.
Where was the leak exactly? I've been having some issues that I think may or may not be caused by a fuel leak (and 15mpg sorta agrees with it), so I'm open to suggestions on areas to check...
Old 02-20-2008, 08:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by xtoyz17
Where was the leak exactly? I've been having some issues that I think may or may not be caused by a fuel leak (and 15mpg sorta agrees with it), so I'm open to suggestions on areas to check...
I was the fitting coming out of my Airdog outlet. It is a 90* elbow.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:08 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by BigB82789
So it doesn't have "spots" of power? With the smarty, you press the pedal, and it has spots that just pull.

I couldn't find any "spots". Pretty much just one spot, goes like its on fire. Unfortunately I only got to play for a short time, until I got towed home
Old 02-20-2008, 09:41 PM

RowJ, where's the link to the revised Comp Tune???? I see Quad has updated the standard tunes and not the aggressive one's, any ideas why???
Old 02-21-2008, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
RowJ, where's the link to the revised Comp Tune?
Based on what Quad said in post # 42, I assumed the revised tune was the only one available? I just downloaded the tune from post #1. Must be revised based on previous reports; JDouble, Wurkingman, etc.
Don't know/couldn't find anything on the two different comp tunes Quad mentioned in post #46 ... so went with only one I could find.

Originally Posted by MikeD
Any shudder when you get out of the fuel, RJ?
Yup! No surging on way up if 40% throttle or more, but it does 'stumble' when you back off. I only tested PL00 - PL06, up to 3500+ rpm, so not sure how bad it can get. What I did experience was less violent than TST Comp.

Originally Posted by BigB82789
So its basically like smarty on #9?
It's like Smarty on #20!
Less sensitive from 0 throttle..... smoother acceleration curve, IMO ..... hotter from 10% throttle up .... and pulls hard to redline+++!
And much less smoke.
(Disclaimer - as mentioned I only went to PL06, due to moderate traffic ... and my personal 'sphincter factor').

RJ
Old 02-21-2008, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by RowJ
OPPS! Can't leave truck on Comp tune for more testing. Just went to truck and engine shut down but Radio never did from earlier test?
Just re-read somewhere that the Comp tune has TT. Thought I solved that problem when I went back to #9 fuse for keyed power?? Everything else shut off with key except radio & Adrenaline Pod??

Quad, any ideas? Had to unplug box to shut it down. Went back to ADR2000.

RJ
RJ...I had to take it down to PL00 before shutting it down or else it would stay on. I think I even held the brake and closed one eye just to make sure.

Joel
Old 02-21-2008, 09:56 AM

Based on what Quad said in post # 42, I assumed the revised tune was the only one available? I just downloaded the tune from post #1. Must be revised based on previous reports; JDouble, Wurkingman, etc.
Don't know/couldn't find anything on the two different comp tunes Quad mentioned in post #46 ... so went with only one I could find.

I didn't see no revised date that was different from the release date on the Comp file so I think it hasn't been refined yet. Quad posted that he was working on 2 Comp tunes, 1 for auto's and 1 for manuals. Oh and RowJ, IMO, Smarty#55 is pretty close to Smarty #40..

Quick Reply: Adrenaline Comp Beta Tunes