Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Adrenaline Comp Beta Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by J Lent
I'm also having the bearings replaced, I'd never put a tranny back together without them. I will agree that it could have been shock loading that caused the break. With that comp tune, my turbo hits so hard & that is what led me to think it was the box. The shuddering isn't there unless I hold a steady throttle & I wasn't at that time.
Lent,
Hows your wife taking this? This gotta be a good answer.
If only she only knew how many diapers you could be buying instead. "haha"
Old 02-18-2008, 09:12 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by voyles
Lent,
Hows your wife taking this? This gotta be a good answer.
If only she only knew how many diapers you could be buying instead. "haha"
She thinks I'm just cleaning the frame really good. I bought paint & made it look good. All jokes aside, she really is cool about the money that I spend on my truck. She says it is better than drinking it away. She is the coolest wife ever! She got me my satellite radio & other parts for christmas, I am glad that she can't drive a stick or you would see more busted gear pics posted up. My little boy is growing up fast. Attachment 19942Attachment 19943
Old 02-19-2008, 09:41 PM
Banned

Got the tranny back!!!! Going in tomorrow.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:48 PM

I did some testing with the comp tune today. This thing fuels HARD!! Very impressive! The production tunes really fell on their face at about 3100 Rpm. I did a couple test runs on level 3 and 8 and this thing is still pulling very hard at 360ORPM! plan on running it on the dyno on Friday. the surging is about what i expected and is controllable for a Comp tune...
Old 02-19-2008, 10:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bnold
I did some testing with the comp tune today. This thing fuels HARD!! Very impressive! The production tunes really fell on their face at about 3100 Rpm. I did a couple test runs on level 3 and 8 and this thing is still pulling very hard at 360ORPM! plan on running it on the dyno on Friday. the surging is about what i expected and is controllable for a Comp tune...
I can't wait to hear those numbers, maybe quad will have the tuned up comp file by then. He said that he was gonna adjust some things.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:57 PM

i wouldn't dare rev my engine to 4k. not with the millage i have on it. might be time for some head work this year maybe, unlike jlent my wife isn't that easy going so i need to do some serious sucking up first.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by qzilla
I backed it off some and we are testing it right now.

How the crap are you breaking parts? Did you try that on a stock auto truck????? If so you are CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I backed it off some and we will see if it is better or worse.

J_Double, I have a special file for you though.
How's everything coming Quad? The roads are going to be a mess for the next few days anyway, but I'm hoping to get some more saddle time in this weekend.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by IntakeRacing
unlike jlent my wife isn't that easy going so i need to do some serious sucking up first.
Your not the only one.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by IntakeRacing
i wouldn't dare rev my engine to 4k. not with the millage i have on it. might be time for some head work this year maybe, unlike jlent my wife isn't that easy going so i need to do some serious sucking up first.
Oh come on, all that stuff that you have done to that truck....she can't be too bad.
Originally Posted by Mountaineer
Your not the only one.
Dude, didn't you just buy that tranny? She don't sound that bad either.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:13 PM

I tried the Comp tune today...on a 25 mile trip down the hwy.
The new 'Softened' version is very nice. I assume that's what I downloaded, based on JDouble's report from 2/14?
Pulls hard to a smig over 3500 rpm (I stopped before it did) and the acceleration is spectacular, IMO. While it's true I'm getting refamiliar with 550+ horses, after a few months of driving with injectors only.... I don't recall this kind of responsive power...ever.

And a side bonus is I could street drive it, if need be. All the newer programs seem to be controllable. Any surge takes just a big toe wiggle to add a tiny bit of throttle...and it's gone. Did not push it to the limit but it's very encouraging so far.

RJ
Old 02-20-2008, 03:56 PM

OPPS! Can't leave truck on Comp tune for more testing. Just went to truck and engine shut down but Radio never did from earlier test?
Just re-read somewhere that the Comp tune has TT. Thought I solved that problem when I went back to #9 fuse for keyed power?? Everything else shut off with key except radio & Adrenaline Pod??

Quad, any ideas? Had to unplug box to shut it down. Went back to ADR2000.

RJ
Old 02-20-2008, 05:36 PM

How is the throttle response on these tunes? Do they bring the responsiveness up closer like the smarty, or is it more of a linear, stock pedal feel?
Old 02-20-2008, 05:42 PM
Chapter President

Any shudder when you get out of the fuel, Rowland?
Old 02-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by BigB82789
How is the throttle response on these tunes? Do they bring the responsiveness up closer like the smarty, or is it more of a linear, stock pedal feel?
It hits fast and it hits hard enough to finally finish off my transmission. Truck goes in the shop next friday.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by J Lent

Dude, didn't you just buy that tranny? She don't sound that bad either.
Ok, lol I guess your right.

Quick Reply: Adrenaline Comp Beta Tunes