Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Adrenaline Comp Beta Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine's on ADR2003 and it's getting worse and worse every day but this is still with my old Adrenaline. I'll post more when I get my new Adrenaline...
Old 02-22-2008, 10:13 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quad, My other box arrived & got it installed, but it just flashes "00" all of the time, even after the truck has been driven 30 miles. It will not change power levels after it is well in operating temps, try to switch PL & 256 flashes on the screen. I've tried downloading multiple files & they are all the same, no worky.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:38 AM

I tried out the comp tune.As soon as i put it on plo1 my check engine light came on.So i did not get on it.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:46 AM

Check codes with my smarty.Its says ''No comm between ecm and injection module''
Old 02-23-2008, 09:44 AM

Is your data like hooked up??? That sounds like it to me. I see you ran an Edge Comp before, all the hook up's are pretty much the same except for a few extra options like oil temp, fuel pressure and EGT's.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:20 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by getblown5.9
yea that damage to the teeth has nothing to do with the shuddering and shock loading to the drivetrain...just all out raw HP sheared them off

That's why I had to de-tune the aggressiveness of my Smarty. The smoothness wasn't there. It was almost uncontrollable. I knew I was going to break something with the violent on-off-on cycle on the loud pedal.

Unless I could rig up a way to make the pedal stiffer.

For my HO, I suspect just a mere "aggressive" tune would be all I dared attempt. A comp tune for me is simply out of the question.

JMO
Old 02-23-2008, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by HOHN
That's why I had to de-tune the aggressiveness of my Smarty. The smoothness wasn't there. It was almost uncontrollable. I knew I was going to break something with the violent on-off-on cycle on the loud pedal.

Unless I could rig up a way to make the pedal stiffer.

For my HO, I suspect just a mere "aggressive" tune would be all I dared attempt. A comp tune for me is simply out of the question.

JMO
Even the aggressive tunes for this box are pretty smooth...there is just too much power...when I had some dry pavement the other day I loaded one of the aggressive tunes and it scared the crap outta me...I could light the tires up just by punching it...I was afraid of breaking something with sheer HP!!!
Old 02-23-2008, 01:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
With just M2s? I wonder how 4s would (mis)behave?
Old 02-23-2008, 01:09 PM

Is someone thinking about coming to the dark side?!?!
Old 02-23-2008, 01:37 PM

I can have pretty much figured out how the chip turns off... if i like throttle on to do sometihng but then change my mind and let off jsut as the torque convertor sarters to load it will shut hte chip off. i can just about simulate it now anytime i want. it took me a long time to figure out what was happening cause i didn't know if it was my truck or the chip.

and warmup is all over teh map. somtimes my truck will sit outside all night long i'll turn it on and it will think its 170 already and have the chip turned to pl10 (my normal setting), i'll let it run for 30 mins, drive 5 mins to work. shut it off. start it up 2 hours later and it says pl00 cause its cold. its all over the map but i think you said you know about that.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Quad, the other night my truck felt like a dog. I had just hooked up the stock waste gate brass elbow and all I could build was 30-32 psi boost. With Adrenaline off, I can build 28-29 psi boost. I thought it was my new wastegate setup that was causing me low power, but it was the Adrenaline not fueling. I do recall when when it was warming up, 140* tune, power level went up as I hit the button then suddenly flashed 00 for a second or two then it let me adjust. I thought maybe temp hit 140 then 139 for a second. After this happened, I drove around for an hour trying out my new wastegate set up and truck felt like a dog. I even raced a gas powered Chevy Pickup, "on a closed course on private property" and he nearly beat me, it was close.
Also, I could not get egt's over 1210 after a long WOT run. It slowly went from 1000 and climbed up to 1200 or so and by then I was at the speed limit.

Today, I read about others having the problem and going to PL 00 to reset and low and behold, my truck has all of the power it used to and can build just as much boost as before, even though the wastegate is open.

Quad, I know you are aware of the problem, this is the first time it has happened to me, I am just telling you the fluke 00 flashing readout right before it happened so maybe the warmup is doing this. My other thought is maybe the boost fooling is not doing it's job sometimes and the ecm is defueling and fighting the Adrenaline. I do not feel any drop in power well into the stock defueling so apparently you can fuel hard even if the ecm doesn't want to so maybe that boost fooling idea is no good.

Hohn, just get one. I now have a fully functional stock wastegate and I was ripping up a few hills to test out my new TIP= exhaust pressure gauge.

Adrenaline on 4, boost hit 38 psi, drive pressure tickled 60 psi.

Adrenaline on 10, boost hit 43psi, drive pressure spiked at 70 psi and quickly fell down to 50-55 psi with the gate open, pressure seems to stabilize around 50-55.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:15 PM

BB,

What turbo are you running? I hope to god it's not stock...
Old 02-23-2008, 02:41 PM

I'm debating trying this on my new setup, but its already a pain to daily drive! I'm curious of how this setup will work in a High HP set up?
Old 02-23-2008, 02:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm running my stock turbo. I spins real fast too! All kidding aside, my truck is in desperate need of more air. The only thing that lets me push it this hard is these low winter time temps. When it's 90+*F, I can hit 1300 or so with no box, just these smoky Jammer 5's. Now that it is 20-40*F, I have to turn up the fuel pretty high to get into egt problems.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:40 PM

finally got my box installed, WOW that comp file is MEAN! i like how its just on off fueling, of course its not easy on stuff and a little touchy for the street but it sure was fun! i took her all the way to 3500 rpm and it was still pulling hard! everything is working as advertised so far i will be back to posting updates now!

Quick Reply: Adrenaline Comp Beta Tunes