Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Adrenaline=Dead Vp44

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jturs
what do you mean by this? sry for all the questions

thanks for all the input guys think i am gonna order it tonite or get a used one form another DTR member.
i think it is a joke.....like "tap your wire,get in leave it in park...now REVVVVVVVVVVVVVV the engine....boy isnt it fast!!!!!!!!!!"

but to tell the truth....all that he said is true....in regards to the tranny...you tranny will hold as long as YOU allow it to....i have more than one friend with wire tapped boxes most with stock tranny's some have 10k with no problems some have 40k with no problems and one friend has 96k with no problems....but they also use their heads and are senseable about their use of the power...they dont cruse the town on PL 10 (or what ever the max power level happens to be for thier box) the cruse the town on a lower setting, you know something powerfull enough to let you know its there and when the want to make a run the bump up the power....then return it to a lower setting for normal driving....this is also a NICE WAY TO WIN SOME MONEY....ie...FORD see's you from stop light to stop light...figures he's got it in the bag....asks you to race...you say lets put some money on it.....he figures he's got you dead to rights...cuz he seen the truck running on a lower level and figures thats all you got....WRONG.......you guess the results....

granted i dont have a box...but all my WINSPEED boys do...and that is where i base my info.....we have decided to take my truck a little slower than most would due to some new tranny builders we are testing (ie different TC's and VB's)...and some new turbo set-up others are testing....i got the injectors, but havent decided which box i want to run to complement them.

NCA
Old 05-20-2008, 01:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Adrenaline ordered and shipping out tomorrow! god this wait is gonna kill me!
Old 05-20-2008, 03:18 PM

if your VP44 lasts the first drive with the adrenaline it will last as long as a VP44 lasts... but if it is already dying the adrenaline will kill it for good.

Everybody has different things to say about the stock tranny, some say it will last a long time with a wiretap box... if you run it on stock levels!!! The stock 47RE can BARELY handle stock power so keep that in mind. Once you slip the TC or clutches the tranny is on its decline and it doesn't take much power at all to slip the stock TC...

A good idea would be to add a shift kit from transgo or similar if your going to keep your tranny stock for awhile. They are cheap and will help your tranny handle the extra power.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by sledneck1
if your VP44 lasts the first drive with the adrenaline it will last as long as a VP44 lasts... but if it is already dying the adrenaline will kill it for good.

Everybody has different things to say about the stock tranny, some say it will last a long time with a wiretap box... if you run it on stock levels!!! The stock 47RE can BARELY handle stock power so keep that in mind. Once you slip the TC or clutches the tranny is on its decline and it doesn't take much power at all to slip the stock TC...

A good idea would be to add a shift kit from transgo or similar if your going to keep your tranny stock for awhile. They are cheap and will help your tranny handle the extra power.

is there anyway to tell if my VP is weak or dying?

i checked out that shift kit from transgo but it dosnt really say what it consist of or price. . . .
Old 05-20-2008, 05:34 PM

i tapped my VP and to all luck would have three months later it died RIP 200k mile VP. LOL Just ordered a new VP, air dog, and a stealth plate. Mine i think the plunger in the VP is stuck because it will still start but will not run for long. so who knows how long. I did not know how long i was running arround w/o my LP making any pressure. So who knows.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
we tapped a drag comp from edge. pump died same day.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:42 PM

what do you mean by this?
Its sarcasm. He just means use whatever pixie dust, hokus pokus, hair of newt, eye of toad method of VP44 protection you see fit.
Yep
but to tell the truth....all that he said is true....in regards to the tranny...you tranny will hold as long as YOU allow it to....i have more than one friend with wire tapped boxes most with stock tranny's some have 10k with no problems some have 40k with no problems and one friend has 96k with no problems....but they also use their heads and are senseable about their use of the power...they dont cruse the town on PL 10 (or what ever the max power level happens to be for thier box) the cruse the town on a lower setting, you know something powerfull enough to let you know its there and when the want to make a run the bump up the power....then return it to a lower setting for normal driving....
You hit the nail on the head, that's exactly what I do.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jturs
is there anyway to tell if my VP is weak or dying?

i checked out that shift kit from transgo but it dosnt really say what it consist of or price. . . .
The only way you will tell is if you hook up your wire tap box, crank up the power and see if you make it around the block... Most newer VPs seem to hold up, it was the old ones with improperly deburred distributor rotors that crapped out right away when you hooked up a wire tap box.

The transgo kit if i remember right, increases the pressures (more holding pressure on your clutches) and allows fluid to flow while the tranny is in park. I think they cost around $200 bucks...
Old 05-21-2008, 06:24 PM
DRD

The early pumps seemed to be more prone to failure. For what it's worth, mine piled up on the first 5x5 pull with the comp.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by DRD
The early pumps seemed to be more prone to failure. For what it's worth, mine piled up on the first 5x5 pull with the comp.
What do you mean by early pumps? Model years? Lets say up to 1999? Or a newly remanufactured pump.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Fern
What do you mean by early pumps? Model years? Lets say up to 1999? Or a newly remanufactured pump.
yeah cuz i have a re-man pump in mine i beleive its the black one i could eb wrong tho.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:08 AM

My original VP crapped right away after tapping the wire but my re-man pump has been running extremely well for 40,000km of wire tapped fun.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:18 AM

i put a drag comp on my 98 a couple years back it lasted about a week on 5x5 and craped out, but i didnt have a fp gauge so the lp was dead as well....sold the drag comp got a reman vp and injectors......havent been a fan of wire tap boxes, but it just finished my dieing pump off the lift pump was shot so id say tap it and dont look back. i said that id never have another wire tap box but the adrenaline does look like best thing out there. so who knows