Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

adjusting fuel plate

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
adjusting fuel plate

a friend of mine has a 95 cummins and he bought a #4 fuel plate. we put it on and there was no stock fuel plate. the engine ran with no plate. is that good to do. and what will it do with no plate in it. also adjusting the #4 plate do you want to slide it all the way back or forward to get the most power. and do you adjust the afc houseing foward or back. thanks for the help
Old 01-09-2007, 11:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by adidasman23
a friend of mine has a 95 cummins and he bought a #4 fuel plate. we put it on and there was no stock fuel plate. the engine ran with no plate. is that good to do. and what will it do with no plate in it. also adjusting the #4 plate do you want to slide it all the way back or forward to get the most power. and do you adjust the afc houseing foward or back. thanks for the help
NO plate..

usually a good and bad thing, good power, bad consequences if the arm goes under the pump, u can damage the internals.

Most power out of a plate position? put it about 90 percent forward for most power out of it. Make sure that the governer arm dont run under the fuel plate. Lift the solenoid with one arm with the ignition in the on position and go ahead and see if the arm run under the plate while moving the throttle with the other hand, it can be done, trust me...

Most effect from the AFC housing, comes with the AFC all the way towards the front of the engine, and for smoke control and low end fuel comes ur starwheel,

Again play with all settings till ur comfortable with what the truck is doin

Good luck!

Rick
Old 01-09-2007, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks. ya he bought the truck from a big red neck. i am going to be posting pic of it soon. its a project pull truck.