Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Adding Gauge Pods

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adding Gauge Pods

I'm looking for some good pointers on adding a 3-gauge pods setup to my 99 4x4. I’ve seen the regular gauges with a white back ground and the digital gauges. I’m really thinking the digital gauges are the way to go. Is there any good or bad about using either one? and what gauges should I get that would best benefit me. I was going to get a turbo pressure, and turbo temp. I’m not sure about the third one yet. Any ideas?
Old 09-08-2003, 03:19 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Re:Adding Gauge Pods

Digital is nice I am sure, but in a guage like this I like being able to see the location of the red needle , without really having to concentrate on the gauge.

I have the "safe or normal" area pretty much memorized as to their location, and with a slight glance I can see all is well. With a digital gauge I have to look at it and read the numbers.

This is just a personal preference, so go with what works best for you.

Add a tranny temp gauge if you have an automatic, and fuel pressure is real important with the lousy lift pumps the 24valve trucks have.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:39 PM

The only digital I would get is Fuel Pressure. It's something you don't have to constantly monitor.

Tony
Old 09-08-2003, 04:53 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

If you have an auto tranny, Trans temp is another that would be nice to have.
Boost is fun to watch, but not really as necessary as the EGTs & fuel pressure.
Analogs or Digital is a personal preference.

I think needle position is quicker to read than numbers.....your call.

Of course I went Analog and installed all 4.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...96&pid=675

Old 09-08-2003, 05:04 PM

Thanks for the pointer [glow=red,2,300]Lary & TPilaske[/glow] I never gave looking for the needle in the red much thought, but that is very true. I'll probable make the pressured gauges with the needles and the fuel in digital. That sound like a pretty cool look.
Do ya know where is a good place to get a good deal on these gauges and pod ?
Old 09-08-2003, 05:20 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Re:Adding Gauges Pods

Many Of our vendors carry these gauges. Wildcat Diesel has an excellent reputation for customer service, and I am sure the others are good people to deal with as well.

I have the A pillar mount for my gauges and can see them just fine, some people prefer the dash mount style like the Rod pod that wildcat sells.

Some people say the A pillar mounts are hard to see because they sit too close to them. Being over 6 ft myself I don't have a problem with them, the seat is always to the rear.

You can look around at the signatures of some of our members and see what they are using, I have no doubt any message to them will get you their honest opinion on what works for them.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:41 PM

Dakota Digital

You'll like the DD FP gauge... it's pretty sweet! As for the rest, there's alot of choices. I have the AutoMeter Sport Comps that I got from E-Guages.

Tony