Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

About to kill my truckNEED HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry About to kill my truckNEED HELP PLEASE

ok im done with the truck and im in the mood to not care no more about it lol Here is what i have done to it,

Edge comp, 275 injecters, cold air intake, 4" down pipe to 5" stacks, trans temp, boost, fuel, and egt guage but egt is broke need new one

And here is what the <edit> is going on..........

Did the lift pump 3 months ago after i did that i had good fuel Pressure 15 at idle and nuttin under 6

Well last week i did the Injection Pump got it back and the truck runs great now but befor i did the pump i was only runing like 25lbs of boost not im maxing out my boost guage that only goes up to 35

WELL this is what is <edit> me off real bad after i did the Injection Pump im now runing 13 14psi at idle and 0psi at WOT so i thought i was runing out of fuel so i put a booster pump in and was at like 20 psi at idle but still 0psi at WOT so i got a new lift pump to day and still doing the same <edit> thing i took out te booster pump and with the new lift pump im still at 13psi and all i dont want to do is burn out the new injection pump

I called one place today and they said with my setup im runign to much power and need a bigger turbo and need more fuel but i kno a lot of you people out there have the same setup

i dont kno what more to day and dont have the more to send the truck anyweres so i need all the help i can get from you guys some one must know what is going on here

Thanks so much
Danny
Old 08-17-2005, 08:09 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
I'm assuming (there's THAT words again) that you have already changed the fuel filter and tested or changed out the fuel pressure sender (or are you using a mechanical gauge?)
Old 08-17-2005, 08:15 PM

Originally posted by Shovelhead
I'm assuming (there's THAT words agin) that you have already changed the fuel filter and tested or changed out the fuel pressure sender (or are you using a mechanical gauge?)
Did the fuel filter and as for the gauge i have a 1/8" line to a fuel gauge in the cab so diesel rite to the gauge and i tride a new gauge and still the same psi

http://www.dieselperformanceparts.co...unique=C305424
Old 08-17-2005, 08:18 PM
Banned

any way one of your batteries is low sendin poor power to the pumps givin ya low press? stranger things have happened....

EDIT: any way to clamp off the return line to the tank from the pump? just for a temp run to see what presure is developed, maybe there is a faulty return in the new injection pump dumping fuel back when it should be holding it for pressure.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:19 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Good point.
Check both the feed & ground connections.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:24 PM

Originally posted by mikmaze
any way one of your batteries is low sendin poor power to the pumps givin ya low press? stranger things have happened....

EDIT: any way to clamp off the return line to the tank from the pump? just for a temp run to see what presure is developed, maybe there is a faulty return in the new injection pump dumping fuel back when it should be holding it for pressure.
i kno what you mean about clamping of the line but then do dont really get the rest of what you said

the batteries are two months old and are still real good
Old 08-17-2005, 08:28 PM
Banned

I haven't been inside an injector pump but seems that the return should be regulated by some means, otherwise you would never get any pressure to the injectors, something has to hold it back to develop pressure. if that "regulator" is faulty or missing then you would get the terrible readings you have since you did the injector pump.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:44 PM

one more thing can i run my setup on a stock lift pump and fuel lines
Old 08-18-2005, 12:33 AM

The Best way to Test the fuel Delivery System

Is to pull the fuel line of the VP44,power up the fuel pump or in your case pumps.Put the feed line in a bucket let the pumps ripe.If there are any restrictions in the system,you will see a frothy sporatic flow,If the fuel module in the tank is restrictive this test will reveal it. I think your fuel module is shutting you down.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:50 AM

2500TurboDodge.
Yes, Your fuel lines might be holding you back. My understanding is the stock fuel lines are very restrictive after any big fuel modes. hope this helps