Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

95stock- ?? what should i change.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95stock- ?? what should i change.....

Hoping to get some good advice from you guys, the jeep build is getting close to having the chassis and suspension all done, and well im trying to decide on what to do for performance. I have a set of marine 370's coming, but figured i better make sure i get all my stuff lined up with some fellas who are more knowledgable than I am. What im shooting for is best amount of power that i can get before i need tear this engine down and stud the head and what not, which i am planning on doing next year, when more $$ is back in the savings account. turn the pump up, timing, fuel plate, 3k gsk, etc... what are you reccomending that i do to get me some good power, keep it together, and somewhat budgeted. Thanks!!

Randall
Old 03-27-2008, 01:42 PM

Well, until you have money to fix it if it breaks, I'd start with this:

Bump the timing to 15*, more if your a lucky guy, but I blew the gasket at 16.5*

Grind your plate down, a 100 profile if you have a stick, something like a 10 or 12 if its a stock auto, you'll blow that pretty quick with too much low end fuel.

Loosen your starwheel a bit, and slide the AFC and Plate forward if you want more low end.

GSK Washer mod seems to be working well, and its cheap...it'll really wake up your throttle pedal if nothing else.

Exhaust, the stock crap is like a drinking straw.

Pull the silencer ring in the turbo, no HP gains, but its a fun sound!

This will get you started, if you have an auto, hold off on the injectors, you'll blow it within a month if you put them in.

Last but not least, FILL OUT YOUR SIG!!! So we all know what your working on!
Old 03-27-2008, 02:48 PM

perf. mods

thanks for the ideas, ill start looking through the old threads on grinding down the plate and washer trick for GSK. even added the signature for ya guys. Pics will probably coming when there is at least a body on top. Been working on building this 4 link setup for the last week, it requires a lot of measuring and trial and error which requires emptying a lot of aluminum cans hahaha.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:00 PM

Guages-pyro, boost, trans temp, intake of some kind BHAF is cheap and works good, 4in exhaust, gsk, fuel plate, TRANSMISSION UPGRADES.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:47 PM

exhaust

The fastest way to open up your exhaust is to get rid of that 80lbs muffler and staright pipe it... I noticed a little pickup when i did that... plus it sounds A LOT better... although my neighbors ***** more now...