Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

95 gph fass adjustable pressure???

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Diesel-Dan
Sorry....i must have had a stupid busy day back on the 2nd to not reply.....

UM.....we have confirmed correct gauge operation? Mechanical or electric? If mechanical, do you have an Isolator?

With the FASS, you can adjust the pressure easier than the HPFP.

Try to restrict the return line going back to the tank......but only partially do this because if you dead head this line, you can spike pressures to 80 PSI. If you slowly squeeze, you can bring pressure up to see if that helps. Try that and let me know what you find.

As far as I can tell the guage is working properly. I have the autometer guages in the pillar so I would assume mechanical, but I'm not sure on the isolator. I tried restricting the return line and was able to get the pressure up to 16-17.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by wthomas
As far as I can tell the guage is working properly. I have the autometer guages in the pillar so I would assume mechanical, but I'm not sure on the isolator. I tried restricting the return line and was able to get the pressure up to 16-17.
We really need to be 100% on the gauge operation before we can be sure our pump is haveing issue.

Is there a way to double check with a known working mechanical gauge?

The only reason i am so adimate on this is because i would say about 3 out of 4 pressure issues i see is gauge related.

When you restricted the line...did you stop when you got to 16-17 PSI or is that where it climbed to and stopped? Being a 95 GPH unit...it should have gone way higher and the pump would have been heard to be loading up.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:49 PM

Today I kinked the return line and the highest the pressure went was 18. The pump didn't sound like it was working any harder than it was before. I'm also still having the hard starting when the fuel tank drops below half, even after the filter change. I didn't have time today to find another mechanical guage to try, might have to stop by the shop that installed it tommorow.