Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

94 12 valve hp options

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 11:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94 12 valve hp options

Hey everyone! New guy here. Had my 94 2500 for about 8 months now, so far ive changed the fuel hoses and thats it. The truck has been semi converted to a dually, just need the adapters for the front. The only mods are a K&N filter and a 4 1/4 inch exhaust that runs all the way up to where it is 3 1/2 i think. I am looking for some cheap or free mods to get a little more hp and ive been reading about the fuel plate?? Dont know where it is or really what to do with it? Any ideas would be cool. The truck is a 5spd also. The only other trouble ive had is with the drivers rear brake locking up, cant get the drum off either. 201000 miles
Old 11-28-2004, 12:12 AM
Banned

mx261

The best thing to do first is to but gauges (most importain) get a boost and a EGT,exhaust gas temp these are a must! You can get the gauges and a holder for $200.00 or less. You must understand these need to be done first to make sure that what you do to your engine in the future doesn't hurt it! Then after you do that you can get a fuel plate(cam plate) it goes in the top of your fuel pump, easy upgrade $250.00 or less

Hope this gets you started.

CRIS
Old 11-28-2004, 01:29 AM

Get a set of gauges first! Being a 5spd 12 (properly) valve(d) you only need two. EGT (exhaust gas temp) and Boost.

I recommend Auto Meter as they are inexpensive. If you have a local Car Quest you can probably order them through there, that's how I got mine and they were the same price as on-line...minus shipping.

Once you get gauges then you can slide your OEM fuel plate for a 40 HP ( to the wheels ) upgrade! This website will show you where the plate is and how to get to it, but all you have to do is loosen the two screws and slide it forward (towards the radiator). Click Here

Be prepared however once you stop its a never ending process and its all down hill. Its a disease called BOMBitis.

I got bit almost 3 years ago, look at my sig! And I just starting all over again with a club cab truck this time!
Old 11-28-2004, 01:32 AM

yeah that bug has hit already. But for me its either build my dodge or race my bikes. And so far the bikes have won. Motocross if your wondering. Ive heard alot about the torque plates also.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:46 AM

Put the rear of your truck up on secure jackstands put your pickup in gear and spin your wheels to about 20mph and hit the brakes your drums well pop right off. You may have to do it a time or two and you may have to put it in reverse. Just check them every time you hit the brakes so it it does pop free you don't try and do it again and send a drum down the drive way.
Heath
Old 11-28-2004, 10:39 AM

well before that happens i need to get the adapters off the rear as well. Neither will budge.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:03 PM

If you hit the brake pedal when the drum is off, plan on rebuilding or replacing the wheel cyl, Best way to get the drum off is to back off the adjuster to relax the shoes away from the drum. The drum will normally wear and leave a ridge on the inside edge preventing drum removal until the shoes are backed off manually.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:06 PM

tried that one already, didnt work. not only cant i get the drum off, but the dually adapters that were just put on about 6 mths ago wont even come off. didnt try heat as i dont have a shop.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:25 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by Hemi Cat
If you hit the brake pedal when the drum is off, plan on rebuilding or replacing the wheel cyl, Best way to get the drum off is to back off the adjuster to relax the shoes away from the drum. The drum will normally wear and leave a ridge on the inside edge preventing drum removal until the shoes are backed off manually.
You don't have to hit the brakes with the drum off, what purpose would that serve?
I've used the slam on the brake method more times than I can count to remove drums, it's the best. Sure beats wailing on them with a BFH.
Always leave one lug nut on loosely so the drum doesn't come flying off.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:20 AM

Some day you will have the same truck I do. dang bite still itches

Also while your doing the breaks... Upgrade to the 1ton GMC brake cyl's. I did it on mine and it stops a lot better.

Like Mark said get some guages I like Issapro better because you can see them better than any of the others I have seen

Don't worrie about buying a fuel plate. makeing your own is so easy to do.

If you can get a turbo housing off a older dodge(89-93) they work great and lowerig egts if you tow a lot.

If it has anything between the turbo and the tip take it off

last
STACKS
Old 11-29-2004, 03:51 PM

lol, stacks will not be in the mix, just dont like em, but the wide wheel in back idea i may like as i dont tow anything bigger than a car trailer full of motocross bikes. The truck has some small things that need fixed but slowly ill get er done!! had to throw that in sorry