Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bs............
Old 06-08-2006, 05:48 PM

Tell your buddy hes full of bad word. I dont think many, if any of those motors have been pushed passed 600HP. They have enough trouble holding up at stock power levels, much less 750HP. However, if they can hold up long enough the 6.0s are pretty fast when equipped with a good tuner. Most guys seem to like the SCT tune the best. I personally would rather have the 7.3 powerstroke. My dad is a lineman for the electric company, and his work truck is an 03 6.0. Its nothin short of a pile of crap. Heres a small video clip me and cumminsdriver635 took one day. It was 60* outside and the truck had been sitting for about an hour. http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...E36D4970FD.htm

Gotta love eric's (cumminsdriver635) commentary
Old 06-08-2006, 10:59 PM

He is full of BS. no way he is making that much, offer to pay for his dyno session, and when he doesnt break 400 have him double your payback. I have a 7.3 Powerstroke, with all the mods, and I put down 471 DYNO PROVEN HP. or you could race him, and hand his A$$ to him
Old 06-08-2006, 11:14 PM

I need a clutch first before I race him,I know he runs an edge juice for sure ,not an sct either.The truck looks good and runs on 40's with a nice paint job.I would love to hand his rear to him and have my buddy in the truck while I did it.I plan on 600 plus by the end of the year so I'll rip him apart then .i dunno what my buddys facination with fords are,but he likes them.He used to have a gas ford ,now hes getting all high and mighty with his 6.5.I mean the 7.3 are allright ,but I hate those 6.0.And he keeps insisting if I race any ford with a chip it will beat me.Time to empty the account and prove him wrong I guess.I'll have to be careful though hes gonna have a bullydog chip and 4 inch exhaust with a cutout airbox!!
Old 06-08-2006, 11:31 PM

the best of the PSd is the 7.3 but the 6.0 from what i have seen is not too bad with just a chip in it. if hes not blowing smoke hopefully he has some thing else being put into the fuel cuz my brothers 05 6.0 pours black turned al the way up. iwould like to see it before i believe it cuz from what i have heard they are a pain in th **** to work on, and if y ou need to change headgaskets you do have to pull the cab of the truck. kind of assinine if you ask me. ill dtick to my little cummins and leave the big engine to those that have th dough to blow.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:50 PM

the 6.0s arent all that bad. stock they pull pretty **** good, chips even better! engine lag from hell though... supposedly there was a guy at the "diesel power" magazine competition that had a 6.0 that was runnin like 650 rear wheel hp but blew a head gasket. i call b.s. on 750+, i like fords but that 6.0 cant handle that much hp. to weak of internals.

As far as "teddy bear's" video: that 6.0 is fubared. it had a knock from hell and computer wouldnt let it rev up.

hey 6.5s arent all that bad, true they aint the strongest, but with a few mods run like a raped ape... ive taken my fair share of modded cummins.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Teddy Bear
Tell your buddy hes full of bad word. I dont think many, if any of those motors have been pushed passed 600HP. They have enough trouble holding up at stock power levels, much less 750HP. However, if they can hold up long enough the 6.0s are pretty fast when equipped with a good tuner. Most guys seem to like the SCT tune the best. I personally would rather have the 7.3 powerstroke. My dad is a lineman for the electric company, and his work truck is an 03 6.0. Its nothin short of a pile of crap. Heres a small video clip me and cumminsdriver635 took one day. It was 60* outside and the truck had been sitting for about an hour. http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...E36D4970FD.htm

Gotta love eric's (cumminsdriver635) commentary

Oh, sounds good!!
Old 06-09-2006, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by elandon1201
Might be.......
If it's Lohman, I know he dynoed over 500rwhp at Floor-It Diesel last year. He could be over 600 by now. See page 39 of the latest issue of Diesel Power.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:21 PM
Chapter President

Hey Teddy Bear, I guess that video shoots the bumper sticker, "It ain't a rod knockin it's a diesel stupid" all to heck!! That thing sounds horrible. Ferd boys will blame it on the utility bed, high idle time etc. Best advice I took from the ford techs was, "stay the heck away from the 6.0" more problems than the geriatric ward. And yes, pull the cab to do head gaskets....yikes!!!!
Old 06-09-2006, 09:08 PM

The most powerful 6.0 to date is owned by Tadd at ATS....700+ rwhp if im not mistaken. The second most powerful i beleive is Gene Fieldhans who owns the "red racer" which would be the shortened, dropped, 2wd F250 with the cherry red paint..which has over 600 i think. Next in line is Robert Cook who hit 500+ on the dyno.

The 6.0 isnt weak it just has its flaws like every other engine! Yes indeed it needs headstuds. Some puke from the factory, some dont puke after a tuner. i personally have had my 6.0 turned up a little and i must say, these things certainly scoot with a simple chip. The thing to have for the 6.0 is the SCT Xcal 2 which is a flash tuner and can have custom tunes built for every integral part you install IE turbo, injectors, nitrous etc. Its not the size mate, its how you use it!

btw, im not sticking up for the 6.0 because i own one, everyone who knows me knows im unbiased...just saying what ive seen/ experianced.

750 hp right now? BS for sure...soon theyre going to have rod problems if im not mistaken. i think that will be their next hindrance. And after that the heads wont flow enough air, so they will need to be modified. Once they get that figured out i think 750 horse is in the near future.

Dom