Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

50/50

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those intrested, refer again to another post by Don M on 07/13/2004 @12:08PM concerning torque applied to ARP studs.
Ratsun, thanks again. I'll use that technique on my final retorques next week.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:36 AM

OK, kind of unrelated but, does anyone know the sizes and quantity needed for the arp head bolts on a 12 valve??

Reason I ask is, if I tell my brother in law what size and length, I can get the ARP bolts for FREEE!!!!

For the record, no they are not stolen, it is totally legit. Thanks, Kevin
Old 12-29-2005, 07:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BARTMAN
RJ,
How many heat cycles, if any, did you use before first retorqueing them? I'm going to use 4 (heat cycle=operating temperature and operate with boost less than or equal to 20).
I only used one cycle... was all new to me, at the time, and I had weak advice from the guy showing me the way.
That's one of the reasons I have stayed with a single turbo and stayed under 60 psi boost! One of these days I'm planning on a do-over with ARP's studs.
Glad the 1.6's were not a disappointment! With the EZ/PM3 combo and your new turbo you should have a spectacular (and managable) setup!

RJ
Old 12-29-2005, 08:15 AM

RJ,
I'll be the first to admit I've been spoiled. I turned my 20th year in the military this OCT, and my 15th year in aviation. As both a test pilot, and maintenance officer for a helicopter fleet of 42 aircraft, I witness daily the good and the bad of maintenance operations and procedures. My turbine mechanic was also my machinist, race engine builder, and mentor in doing it right the first time. By nature, and profession, I'm very ****. Normal installations take me twice as long normally due to correctly routing wires, using adel clamps, and perfecting fit and finish.
This website has also been my sounding board in both research and development. The search feature is awesome, and I'll spend hours reading to understand what I'm getting myself into before the fact. If I don't understand something I'll air it, and well as letting people know what has, or hasn't, worked.
Don't beat yourself up over someone else's helpful advice years ago. Its still holding isnt' it? There are many processes to end at the same solution, all with acceptable results. Some procedures are just more refined than others.
Thanks again for all your help.