Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

47RE Valve Body - Best? Worse? What do you run?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bersaglieri
I was going to run a Transgo, but since this is my daily driver and need minimal down time and maximum results. Hence the aftermarket valvebody.

-Dustin-
Does a Transgo kit mean that there will be more than minimal downtime?
Does anybody run one that is putting down decent #'s or gives it frequent Torture tests.
Also is it that inferior to a full valve body?
Old 11-02-2007, 08:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you're close to HTS that would probably worth your time and $$$ to go with them. I'm a "hands on" guy and ended up buying my parts from Dave G and assembled the trans and modified the valve body on my spare 47RE using his triple lock converter. In my spare time I've "freshened" my original trans and have it sitting in my garage.....just in case.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:06 PM

HTS is what I have in mine.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:00 PM

Bumpity Bump
Old 11-05-2007, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mountaineer
Does a Transgo kit mean that there will be more than minimal downtime? Depends how fast you can drill holes and swap the valve body and its parts in and out
Does anybody run one that is putting down decent #'s or gives it frequent Torture tests. ?
Also is it that inferior to a full valve body? I dont feel that it would be as fine tuned to a specific application like a custom aftermarket one would.
I did some calling and no one could give me as specific and quality information like Dusty @ HTS did. Suncoast, who was running a close second couldnt tell me anything more than what I read on their website. I asked the guy about upshift and downshift timing "Uh it improves shift firmness". I asked him about engine braking and pressures "It increases line pressure". I pretty much said thanks after that and hung up. Perhaps this supports why one of their vendors didnt sing praises of their valve bodies?

I come from a racing backround. I spent thousands of hours of my life on muscle cars and racing. I know when someone is blowing sunshine up my rear and when someone knows what they are talking about. I feel that Dusty is the kind of guy who will stand behind his product, help you with his experience and knowledge, and still have a personality and want you to be more than just a check in the mail to him. He come from the same type of backround I have and I connected with that.

I ordered the HTS valve body today. Dusty and I worked out all the details and I have to say he was very professional and flexible with what he has to offer. Thanks to Dusty and Marianne.

PS He has a pretty freaking cool name too

-Dustin-
Old 11-05-2007, 09:07 PM

are you heading out to Dusty's to get your valvebody, if so be prepared for some 80's retro music he plays in the shop. but really, Dusty's a great guy to work with, and you be very happy with his work

Randy
Old 11-05-2007, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Charlie8301
are you heading out to Dusty's to get your valvebody, if so be prepared for some 80's retro music he plays in the shop. but really, Dusty's a great guy to work with, and you be very happy with his work

Randy
I'm not picking it up since I'm in NH right now. But I'll be in the shop eventually and when that day comes I'll prepare for the 80's flashback. Just please tell me Dusty doesnt sport a mullet

-Dustin-
Old 11-05-2007, 11:30 PM

I'm very happy with my DTT. I had a complete build from them which obviously means I have their valve body. I also have their little reostat to fool the PCM into thinking my line pressures are in order.