Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

4" exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4" exhaust

I'm new to the forum, I've looked through the members photos many times but just got an account. I dont have a truck cause I'm only 17 and my parents wont sign a loan for me, but my dad has a 2000 3500 CTD 5 speed with a new clutch and upgraded injecter & fuel pumps. It's got 110,000 miles on it and mostly pulling miles, we got a 24' aluminum stock trailer and haul mostly our own cattle but some others. and The only real performance parts it has is an Edge Performance Chip. The muffler rusted off and has been just hangin around for the last 8,000 miles so i took it off today and was about to go to the salvage yard and get some 4" exhaust pipe but I can't find anywhere to bend a 4" pipe. I was wondering if any of you guys have any suggestings to getting it bent. Another thing i've seen is straight pipe back--no bends-- and hung by a chain, so the axle doesnt hit it when you pull a gooseneck.
Thanks guys!
Cody
Old 02-14-2006, 08:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
first of all....welcome to DTR!

second of all...If I ever saw someones exhaust hanging from a chain...uhh...I would know what to say....I am hillbilly....and I would never do that.

any way....If you dad's truck is a 4x4 you dont have to bend the pipe over the axle....you can just run is strait back, just make sure it is above the rubber bump-stop for the axle, so the axle doesnt hit the exhaust. If it is a 2wd truck then you may need to have it bent to fit over the axle. I would suggest a muffler shop but I dont think that most are equipped to bend 4" pipe.

I've got a 5" strait pipe that is not bent over the axle on my truck It just runs strait over it and bends down to the corner of the bed..check my pics.

I bought the 5" bent pipe at a carquest auto parts store and welded it to the strait pipe....piece of cake
Old 02-14-2006, 08:30 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice to meet you Cody.

Welcome to DTR

Kinda nice to see a young guy use punctuation correctly. I know that is lame observation, but is a nice change of pace.

I suggest 4" Flowmaster or Magnaflow from the manifold back. You have a great truck treat it right. Plus get your dad to pay for it.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Geico266
I suggest 4" Flowmaster or Magnaflow from the manifold back.
I'd go turbo back, manifold back could be a lil smoky...

Any 4" would be great, check the site vendors...

And WELCOME to DTR, your new home.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:39 PM

Thanks everyone,
Yeah Andy it's a 4x4...2x4 duallies are worthless unless they are on the road and you can't always get around then either. Thanks for the tip, I'll be going down to pick up some 4" tomorrow then.
Ha! it will be my new home once I get my own Cummins, there are a lot of nice Dodges out there. I've seen more 2nd & 3rd gen. manual dodges then 7.3 & 6.0 strokers and finding a 6-speed duramax is like finding water on the Moon. I'd stick with a CDT anways.
Cody