Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

4", 5" Exhuast

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gotlift01
http://media.putfile.com/Crappy-run-but-sounds-cool

Here is a clip of mine at the track. I have 4" turbo back no cat no muffler with a 5" tip.

It was a crappy run down the track, but that'll give you an idea of what 4" sounds like. I happen to LOVE the sound of mine...wouldn't change it for the world.

~Nick
Thats sounds pretty fricken good Would it sound much different with the kit off ebay the guys have told me about, cause it comes with a high flow muffler(im guessing its high flow)
Old 11-10-2006, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by supr
What is the Markoidaho made of? Is the muffler about equal to stock?
Did you see improved mileage, torque, lower EGT's?
I guess even if it is alumuminized steel, that is hard to beat.
Anyone had one longer than 2 years?
Any rust?
I believe it's made out of 16 gauge aluminized steel like almost all other aluminized exhaust kits. Looks pretty solid. I got the straight-pipe kit, no muffler. Whole thing weighs over 80 lbs. The UPS guy must've had a hard time unloading it by himself cause the box is big and flimsy with all the pipes moving around in there . But he sent it out VERY fast! I received the package in less than a week from the day I sent out the money order. If you live in snow/rain then you might want to consider getting stainless steel (304 better than 403) but I'm in CA so I'm not concerned.

With a 5", unless you're pushing over 500 hp, you won't gain any added performance. It has even been mentioned by some that you lose some performce if you go 5" with a stock engine. But that's minute if any. It will lower your egt's though; probably a little more than a 4". Some say up to a 150 degree drop. But I mainly got it for the sound...
Old 11-10-2006, 01:56 PM

Yea we are probably going to be getting the 4" And i read something about getting stainless if you drive in snow, etc. Well being as we live in Ontario, its highly likely...lol So how much better would stainless be over Aluminzed steel
Old 11-10-2006, 02:11 PM

How much salt are you in??? They salt the crap out of the roads in Ohio, and my exhaust still looks fine after 4 years! I really don't think stainless is worth the money, but the truck is 11 years old too, so it really doesn't matter what it looks like as long as it's functional

Chris
Old 11-10-2006, 02:24 PM

Umm, i dont think our salt is that bad actually, it drives on more gravel than pavement, and they dont salt our roads.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:09 AM

Hi All
I am looking at upgradeing my exhaust system to 4 inch,turbo back. There is a company that has gone one step further in that it produces a stainless steel,enlarged elbow that replaces the one on the turbo. Does anyone know of this company so that I can obtain one? Thanks Earl
Old 11-11-2006, 12:22 PM

Fill out your signature hoss.Then people can suggest some options
Old 11-11-2006, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Omian
Hi All
I am looking at upgradeing my exhaust system to 4 inch,turbo back. There is a company that has gone one step further in that it produces a stainless steel,enlarged elbow that replaces the one on the turbo. Does anyone know of this company so that I can obtain one? Thanks Earl
You can find these at the DTR store. ITs called the megamouth elbow or there's a downpipe too.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JKM
That does sound pretty good. i like the Goooooooooooooooo daddy!

Yeah that's my little booger!! LOL He loves the drag races.....he's my little fan club!!

~Nick
Old 11-13-2006, 11:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dinner
And another thing is where to get a good Exhaust Manifold to switch out the stock cracked one

Thanks

Dinner
I'd go with the HTT 3-piece. I don't have any personal experience with it, but if you need a manifold anyway, you might as well upgrade. It's a 3-piece design to prevent cracking, and it comes drilled and tapped for a pyro.

You can get it from HTT directly www.htturbo.com
or from other vendors on here.