Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

3rd gen badges

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 04:46 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3rd gen badges

Quick question....
Our badges: "dodge 2500.....Cummins 24 valve turbo...." are pretty much one piece......

Are the third gen badges each individual letter D O D G E R A M 2 5 0 0?
or is it one badge? I'm just wondering because I'm going to get them and want to know if I'll have to measure and all that for each letter or is it a plate? Thanks guys.

P.S. (same question for the "heavy duty" and "4x4" )
Old 09-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Banned

The letters are individual but when you buy the badge from dodge they all come attached on one sheet of paper so you don't have to worry about lining each individual letter up.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:34 PM
BCB

don't mean to hijack bout if one were to take some off of a truck and wanted to put them on another what would be the best way to keep them spaced right? And will they stick agin?
Old 09-21-2006, 08:21 AM
Chapter President

good question.....
Old 09-21-2006, 09:16 AM

You would not want to try to "restick" them once removed. It's a very simple procedure to just remove the old adhesive and reapply some new 3M adhesive. The 3M stuff comes in a roll at most auto parts stores for just a couple of bucks.
As for the spacing you have two choices: The way I did it was just put them where you want, how you want. There is no need to conform to Dodges' critieria for emblem placement..... Just stick a straight edge where you'll put them on your truck (heightwise) then use a spacer to put in between each individual letter (I used aprox. a 1/2")
If you'd like to "conform" just find someone else's gen3 Ram and measure it out.

good luck....

also, you can try as I did and love, scuff up the letters and paint them. If someone could teach me how to post a pic I would love to show you...pm for pics or pm to teach me how to post a pic as the administration here won't return my emails regarding this...thanks!
Old 09-21-2006, 11:35 AM
Banned

It would be an absolute night mare trying to put the adhesive back on the letters. Definately not worth it IMO.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlue
It would be an absolute night mare trying to put the adhesive back on the letters. Definately not worth it IMO.

Why? It's tape. Scrap the old off with a razor if necessary and apply and trim the new tape. If you can color inside the lines you will be able to simply reapply the tape to your emblems.
Please don't be discouraged by this it is a very simple act. The tape comes in rolls about 1/2" wide and you cut some pieces and stick them to the back of each letter.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
True 3m body moulding/decal tape comes in many widths 1/8,1/4,3/8,ect up to 1.5" is the widest Ive seen and for the most part but pretty expensive IMO.
It can be stuck on the individual letters and trimmed but as Big Blue said it would probably not be worth the effort if you had to buy the tape and do the trimming for 1-2 decals, not to mention the lining up and spacing work. Tape from the body supply shops ussually comes in 15' + rolls so you need to do more than 1-2 decals for it to pay back. Also this stuff is sticky and trimming isnt as easy as it might seem, the older one piece ones werent too bad but the singles would just be more work than its worth in the end. Just my $.02
Old 09-26-2006, 09:35 PM
Chapter President

Wait a second....

I only have to do this for the "c" emblem. The other ones have it. I think it should be easy because there is so much surface area. The "RAM 2500" is band new. Just the "C" with "turbo diesel" under it doesn't have the adhesive.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just doing the C wouldnt be to bad if you already had the tape. I can buy the C for less than a roll of tape though
Old 09-26-2006, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by ratsun
Just doing the C wouldnt be to bad if you already had the tape. I can buy the C for less than a roll of tape though
I've seen them on Geno's but they aren't *that* cheap. You must have connections.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:33 AM

yea pm me them connections if ya dont mind
Old 09-28-2006, 07:58 PM

Please go to an auto parts store and look for the roll of tape yourself before you decide then. It's literally a few dollars for a roll. If you find differently please PM me and I'll mail you a roll for about $5.

The worst part to this procedure is removing an old emblem. Once that's done the rest is a piece of cake.
For aligning the emblems find anything that is thin and straight, then tape it where you'd like to adhere your emblems. Place 3M tape to the back side of your emblems and stick along the top of your straight edge. As for spacing grab anything that'll be the distance YOU CHOOSE between you emblems. Dam, a pen will work or anything else you prefer....if you want wider spacing as I chose find something a little bigger ( I'll bet you have something in a junk drawer that'll work). Place them where and how YOU want to....as for the "C" it can't be easier. Find any line along the area you want it and align it with that...JUST DO IT AND YOU'LL BE HAPPY!